Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Melania Trump: 'I followed the law' as immigrant

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Cruz's father was never an illegal. He was here under a legal visa, later obtained a green card, and finally U.S. citizenship. Those are the actual facts.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Cruz's father was never an illegal. He was here under a legal visa, later obtained a green card, and finally U.S. citizenship. Those are the actual facts.
    Do you have a source for that? Because according to Cruz's book he wrote according to Wiki, his father hired an attorney who bribed a Batista official to get him the visa. I don't think it was all on the up and up based on that.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Do you have a source for that? Because according to Cruz's book he wrote according to Wiki, his father hired an attorney who bribed a Batista official to get him the visa. I don't think it was all on the up and up based on that.
    Cruz's father applied to the University of Texas and got admitted. After that he legally obtained a student visa from the U.S. Consulate in Havana to attend the University of Texas. After receiving an exit permit from the Cuban government he left Cuba and entered the United States with a legal student visa in hand. Upon expiration of the visa he applied for and was granted political asylum. If you want to argue how he obtained an exit permit from Cuba, that's fine, however that doesn't change the fact that he was issued a legal student visa from the U.S. government and upon expiration of the visa was given political asylum. At no time upon his arrival in the U.S. was he an illegal alien.

I suppose those things called 'facts' can be pesky irritants when they don't support a personal agenda.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cruz's father applied to the University of Texas and got admitted. After that he legally obtained a student visa from the U.S. Consulate in Havana to attend the University of Texas. After receiving an exit permit from the Cuban government he left Cuba and entered the United States with a legal student visa in hand. Upon expiration of the visa he applied for and was granted political asylum. If you want to argue how he obtained an exit permit from Cuba, that's fine, however that doesn't change the fact that he was issued a legal student visa from the U.S. government and upon expiration of the visa was given political asylum. At no time upon his arrival in the U.S. was he an illegal alien.

I suppose those things called 'facts' can be pesky irritants when they don't support a personal agenda.
    Oh, okay, then just post the source of your facts, that's how we determine them to be facts and not something else.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Oh, okay, then just post the source of your facts, that's how we determine them to be facts and not something else.
    Exactly what are you disputing? You can find this information easily own your own. Let google be your friend.

I'm disputing that he entered the US legally. According to Wiki, in Ted Cruz book he wrote about his family, he claimed his father hired an attorney to bribe a Batista official for an exit permit to leave Cuba, which means he left Cuba illegally to enter the United States. How does the US government grant a legal student visa to enter the US through a consulate in Cuba to someone that the Cuban government won't allow to leave Cuba on a Cuban Passport? That's not how our system works.

When a government holds back a passport, that person can't leave on a student visa from another country. Ted Cruz just said tonight in the debate that his father came to the United States with $100 sewn in his underwear, didn't speak English, and worked at a restaurant washing dishes for 50 cents an hour. How did he get a job working at restaurant on a student visa?

How did he attend and graduate from the University of Texas when he didn't speak English? How did he pay his tuition and other expenses washing dishes for 50 cents an hour to attend the University of Texas when he arrived with $100? Who paid for his college? How did he learn English well enough to attend and graduate from the University of Texas when according to Ted Cruz he left Cuba without speaking "a word of English"? Why did he have to bribe the Batista government for an exit permit to leave Cuba? Who paid for his transportation to the United States?

Why did it take him 48 years to decide to become a US citizen?

It's just all tall tales and stories trying to invoke some type of phony sympathy for their Cuban heritage in my opinion. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

48 years to decide to become a US citizen with American wives and kids?
    Last edited by Judy; 02-26-2016 at 01:40 AM.

MW
    I'm disputing that he entered the US legally. According to Wiki, in Ted Cruz book he wrote about his family, he claimed his father hired an attorney to bribe a Batista official for an exit permit to leave Cuba, which means he left Cuba illegally to enter the United States. How does the US government grant a legal student visa to enter the US through a consulate in Cuba that the Cuban government won't allow to leave Cuba on a Cuban Passport? That's not how our system works.

When a government holds back a passport, that person can't leave on a student visa from another country. Ted Cruz just said tonight in the debate that his father came to the United States with $100 sewn in his underwear, didn't speak English, and worked at a restaurant washing dishes for 50 cents an hour. How did he get a job working at restaurant on a student visa?

How did he attend and graduate from the University of Texas when he didn't speak English? How did he pay his tuition and other expenses washing dishes for 50 cents an hour to attend the University of Texas when he arrived with $100? Who paid for his college? How did he learn English well enough to attend and graduate from the University of Texas when according to Ted Cruz he left Cuba without speaking "a word of English"? Why did he have to bribe the Batista government for an exit permit to leave Cuba? Who paid for his transportation to the United States?

Why did it take him 48 years to decide to become a US citizen?

It's just all tall tales and stories trying to invoke some type of phony sympathy for their Cuban heritage in my opinion. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.

48 years to decide to become a US citizen with American wives and kids?
    You've not shown one single fact that would dispute that Ted Cruz's father entered the United States under a legal student visa. If he didn't receive his student visa from the U.S. Consulate in Cuba, where did he get it from? That's not something they send to you in the mail. You have to show that you've been admitted to an American school to receive the visa. So, he received the visa according to U.S. law and got his passport stamped approving his exit. Where's the controversy? He entered the United States with all the required and necessary legal documents. The Cruz haters are really in a panicked state if they now, in the 23rd hour, are calling Ted's dad an illegal immigrant. There has never been a question before, so why now?

Sounds like a lot of assumption, speculating, and opinion with no facts to me.

I don't know why everything seem to turn to Ted Cruz with you. This thread was about Donald Trump's wife, not Cruz.
    Last edited by MW; 02-26-2016 at 01:34 AM.

You've not shown one single fact that would dispute that Ted Cruz's father entered the United States under a legal student visa. If he didn't receive his student visa from the U.S. Consulate in Cuba, where did he get it from? That's not something they send to you in the mail. You have to show that you've been admitted to an American school to receive the visa. So, he received the visa according to U.S. law and got his passport stamped approving his exit. Where's the controversy? He entered the United States with all the required and necessary legal documents. The Cruz haters are really in a panicked state if they now, in the 23rd hour, are calling Ted's dad an illegal immigrant. There has never been a question before, so why now?

Sounds like a lot of assumption, speculating, and opinion with no facts to me.

I don't know why everything seem to turn to Ted Cruz with you. This thread was about Donald Trump's wife, not Cruz.
    I posted my source, Wikipedia, who was quoting Ted Cruz's book he wrote about himself and his father and family, you know like Obama did, write a book about yourself, run for the Senate, run for President.

MW
    I posted my source, Wikipedia, who was quoting Ted Cruz's book he wrote about himself and his father and family, you know like Obama did, write a book about yourself, run for the Senate, run for President.
    I've not seen the source link you supposedly provided. Provide the link and I'll check it out. However, I've already researched the topic and found nothing to dispute his entry as being anything other than legal.

It's on page 1 of this thread.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast