Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Melania Trump: 'I followed the law' as immigrant

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's on page 1 of this thread.
    Thanks, I found it. The information there is spotty at best, but that is not surprising because Wikipedia is not always considered the best of sources. Nothing I can see in the source disputes Cruz's fathers legality upon arrival in the United States.

Excerpt:

The use of dubious sources is one of the criticisms of Wikipedia
    http://www.informationr.net/ir/15-3/paper433.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, in this case the source was Ted Cruz's book that he wrote himself or claims he did. But you're right, a book written by Ted Cruz is a dubious source.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Well, in this case the source was Ted Cruz's book that he wrote himself or claims he did. But you're right, a book written by Ted Cruz is a dubious source.
    The information is not detailed. Furthermore, Ted Cruz certainly did not say or imply that his father was illegal.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    The information is not detailed. Furthermore, Ted Cruz certainly did not say or imply that his father was illegal.
    He said his father paid an attorney to bribe a Cuban official for an exit permit to come to the United States. If you don't understand what that means, that's okay. I'm not spending any more time explaining illegal immigration to you.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    He said his father paid an attorney to bribe a Cuban official for an exit permit to come to the United States. If you don't understand what that means, that's okay. I'm not spending any more time explaining illegal immigration to you.
    He still had a legal student visa approved by the U.S. Consulate. He had legal student visa in hand and a legally stamped passport when he arrived in America. He entered the country legally with all necessary documents. The only problem I'm seeing here is a possible failure to understand the difference in a legal immigrant and an illegal alien.

You don't know that. You don't know anything about these people. You don't know what he had in hand, you don't even know how he arrived in America, or where he arrived or when he arrived. You don't even know if he actually attended the University of Texas, or how he paid for it. This is just the Obama deal all over again.

I think the candidates that need vetting are the ones who aren't natural born citizens like Cruz and Marco. Watching Trump tonight flanked by two Cubans cackling like a bunch of hens trying to take over our government made my skin crawl.

MW
    Judy wrote:

You don't know that. You don't know anything about these people. You don't know what he had in hand, you don't even know how he arrived in America, or where he arrived or when he arrived. You don't even know if he actually attended the University of Texas, or how he paid for it. This is just the Obama deal all over again.
    And you do???

Judy wrote:

And you do???
    All I know is what I sourced which is he bribed a Batista official for an exit permit to leave Cuba which would be an illegal permit to leave on a US student visa. Why would the US Consulate issue a Student Visa to a communist fighting for Castro trying to overthrow a government the US supports? I don't think a student visa was issued but if one was issued it was issued on false information or someone in the consulate was bribed, too. In 1957, the US Consulate would never issue a student visa to enter the US to someone known by the Batista government to have been fighting with Castro for 4 years to overthrow the Batista government. That's why I think he bribed his way out and made it to the US then bribed his way through our society. They were probably on to him which is why he fled to Canada and became citizen for protection. I just don't buy any of their story. There's just no way any of this adds up.

But aside from the one fact and my own logic, that's all I have. I don't like Cruz, I don't like his father, so I'm biased, no question about it. I didn't buy Obama's tall tale in his book, and I don't buy Cruz's either.

I'm a hard-liner on these candidates for President when they weren't born in the USA to 2 US citizens.

I'm tired of the subject. It's so depressing that these people come here and want to take over our government or train their children to do so. Same with all of them, Obama, Cruz, Rubio, I'll have no part of it.

MW
    All I know is what I sourced which is he bribed a Batista official for an exit permit to leave Cuba which would be an illegal permit to leave on a US student visa. Why would the US Consulate issue a Student Visa to a communist fighting for Castro trying to overthrow a government the US supports? I don't think a student visa was issued but if one was issued it was issued on false information or someone in the consulate was bribed, too. In 1957, the US Consulate would never issue a student visa to enter the US to someone known by the Batista government to have been fighting with Castro for 4 years to overthrow the Batista government. That's why I think he bribed his way out and made it to the US then bribed his way through our society. They were probably on to him which is why he fled to Canada and became citizen for protection. I just don't buy any of their story. There's just no way any of this adds up.

But aside from the one fact and my own logic, that's all I have. I don't like Cruz, I don't like his father, so I'm biased, no question about it. I didn't buy Obama's tall tale in his book, and I don't buy Cruz's either.

I'm a hard-liner on these candidates for President when they weren't born in the USA to 2 US citizens.

I'm tired of the subject. It's so depressing that these people come here and want to take over our government or train their children to do so. Same with all of them, Obama, Cruz, Rubio, I'll have no part of it.
    The so-called bribe is here nor there. The actual facts are he had a properly stamped passport and a student visa issued by the U.S. Consulate when he entered the U.S., which made him a legal entry. Those are the facts. All it would take is a little research to reveal those facts to you. Most of the details you provided above are nothing more than assumption, speculation, and opinion.

The so-called bribe is here nor there. The actual facts are he had a properly stamped passport and a student visa issued by the U.S. Consulate when he entered the U.S., which made him a legal entry. Those are the facts. All it would take is a little research to reveal those facts to you. Most of the details you provided above are nothing more than assumption, speculation, and opinion.
    Just state your source. You claim you researched this, so just give your source. So far, you're telling a story, not providing facts, and I've listened to all the Cuban, Canadian and Kenyan stories I want to hear or think about told by people running for President of the United States.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast