Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Menendez-Kennedy bill introduced to protect Illegals.

source: Kerri Sherlock Talbot <ktalbot@aila. org>

Last night, Senators Menendez (D-NJ) and Kennedy (D-MA) introduced a bill to prevent unlawful raids and detention. Please find attached a section by section analysis of the bill (S. 3594.) The text of the legislation will be available by Monday at www.thomas.loc. gov. Many individual and organizational DWN members and others worked with these Senate offices and supported the bill introduction including the American Civil Liberties Union, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, the National Immigration Forum, the National Immigration Project, Amnesty International, Rights Working Group and the American Immigration Lawyers Association. We hope this bill will serve as an organizing vehicle for your many efforts to educate the public about the need for enhanced due process protections in the immigration detention system. The Menendez-Kennedy bill would require ICE to protect the due process rights of U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and immigrants who are impacted by immigration enforcement operations. The bill would enhance parole opportunities for individuals subject to detention; improve the Department's current alternatives to detention programs; and require DHS to issue regulations to ensure immigrant detainees are treated humanely. This bill would require ICE to report any labor violations that are discovered during a raid to the appropriate government labor or employment rights agency and ensures that detained workers are not removed from the country until after that agency has had the opportunity to determine whether legal proceedings against the violating employer are appropriate. Kerri Sherlock Talbot, Esq.Associate Director of Advocacy, Family and Due ProcessAmerican Immigration Lawyers AssociationTel: 202-507-7645

Details of the Mendendez/Kennedy bill:

[quote]

Protect Citizens and Residents from Unlawful Raids and Detention Act

Section by Section Summary by the American Immigration Lawyers Association

Section 1. Short Title.

Section 2. Findings.

Since 2006 DHS and partnering law enforcement agents have amplified enforcement actions at the workplace, on the street, and in the homes of individuals. As a result, thousands of citizens, residents, and immigrants have been questioned, handcuffed, and detained without adequate protections to safeguard their constitutional rights.

A large majority of children affected by these immigration-related enforcement actions are US citizens, and the youngest and most vulnerable in our society, including infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.

Mistaken identities, bureaucratic mix-ups, and discretionary attitudes further contribute to improper immigration actions taken against citizens, lawful residents and immigrants.

The U.S. should not be a place where citizens and lawful residents are unlawfully detained or mistreated by government agents, and no person in the US should be subject to government actions that overstep basic protections or constitutional rights.

Section 3. Definitions.

This section defines the terms: “Detentionâ€

Well aint that so special. They get to protect, lets see the illegals, the rapiest the murders the terroriest and the theifs that come to our country, to steal and kill and rape the AMERICAN children.

If they are sooo dam freaking protecting the illegals, how many of these illegals are terroriest, can you tell me?
    Can you tell, me am I going to be safe walking out my door, to sit on the porch without some illegal gang banger, MS 13, La Raza, nazi, gunning me down, in my own front yard?
    When is it time to protect the AMERICAN children against the child molesters that come here to rape a 3 year old, and kill them?
    Are our wifes mothers and grandmothers going to be protected, when these illegals come here to break into a womans home, and take what is hers, and then rape and kill her?
    You are so intune to keeping these illegals and giving them amnesty, and granting them all the freebies with the AMERICAN taxpayers expence.
    As long as you think, whats good for us, you will enforce it even at the expence at the lives of the innocent and the AMERICAN people.
    I do not care for all of you who think its good "FOR US" when illegals come here to distory lives of innocent AMERICAN people, they will steal what they can get their hands on.
    Americans have lost homes, jobs credit, and family memebers due to the illegals that are here, and you think this is good for us.
    What about when an illegal uses a forged ID and collect 29 times in welfare payments, due to the AMERICAN taxpayers?
    What about the AMERICAN who has been at his job for years to pay for his house and taking care of his family, then an illegal comes and he gets the AMERICANS job, for lesser wages, and the AMERICAN loses his job?
    What about the person, who owes back taxes because of illegals have used his social security card?
    What about the illegal who has used an AMERICAN taxpayers IDS to obtain, cars houses, and whatever they want, and this person, illegal has no reguard for his actions, and their is no consequences to this fraud, when the innocent has to prove this?

I am appaled to what has happening here, and if acorn, or any other terroriest group gangs, want to sponser these illegals maybe they ought to let these people live with them, and take care of them. Tim and time again I hear the stories that lives have been ruined because of the actions of the illegals that are coming over here, and demanding everything that they can get.

KOOBSTER
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Thanks. Will review.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

The Menendez-Kennedy bill would require ICE to protect the due process rights of U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and immigrants who are impacted by immigration enforcement operations. The bill would enhance parole opportunities for individuals subject to detention; improve the Department's current alternatives to detention programs; and require DHS to issue regulations to ensure immigrant detainees are treated humanely.
    What a bunch of bull. First and foremost all Americans and Legal Residents/Immigrants already have protection under the Constitution of the US.

Further, we already have parole boards in place to deal with those imprisoned to determine if they should be released into society.

Only ILLEGAL ALIENS are placed in "detention" while awaiting trial and orders of deportation.

Additionally, said ILLEGAL ALIENS are the only ones who would need such a bill passed in seeking the same rights as a US Citizen.

How stupid does Menendez and Kennedy think we are?
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Not that I want to see anyone suffer, I guess Sen Kennedy didn't call 911 soon enough. I will be happy when he can't SERVE our country anymore. In my opinion, he has done enough damage to this country to last 2 lifetimes.

April
    What a load of BS!!!

The bill would enhance parole opportunities for individuals subject to detention

Isn't that when alot of American citizens are killed or robbed or raped, when these people our out on parole?

April
    Isn't that when alot of American citizens are killed or robbed or raped, when these people our out on parole?
    Yes!

kennedy is the hospital again. I can't feel a thing for this worthless piece of crap with his illness. He has destroyed so much of this country during his reign of terror in congress.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

April
    Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    kennedy is the hospital again. I can't feel a thing for this worthless piece of crap with his illness. He has destroyed so much of this country during his reign of terror in congress.
    Mc Cain opened his portion of the debate with loving words for Kennedy!!!
    I had a moment of stomach turning during that and of course later on that continued!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast