Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Message From Oregonians for Immigration Reform

This is a report From V.P Rick Hickey about the Portland City Hall rally.

Congratulations to all who came to Portland to Rally protest against Mayor Tom Potter and his support of Illegal Aliens! Special thanks to Jim Elvin for the idea and the Oregon Minutemen and Washingtonians for Immigration Reform for coming.

For the first time in memory we had news coverage on all four TV channels in Portland and the Oregonian, as well as Lars Larson & Victoria Taft & Jeff Kropf & others on Radio. The number of supportive E-mails and phone calls to our headquarters following the Rally proves the mission was accomplished.

Our mission was for the public to know that there is a group out there for them, a group they can join to stop this Illegal Immigration. A group more concerned for the lives of Americans and legal immigrants than foreign nationals who laugh at our Border and Laws.

The open borders folks also showed up with their signs that read: "ALL are welcome in Oregon" & "Thank you Mayor Potter". Their ignorance as to how they are encouraging the reduction of wages, benefits and their safety at work via even more job competition from the 3rd World, was broadcast throughout the State..

I had a great conversation with a priest who was standing with some illegals wearing criminal ankle bracelets; they were arrested at Del Monte earlier and under house arrest, waiting for their deportation hearing. I told him that no families need to be broken up, as the whole family can go back to their own nation and enjoy the low cost of living, slower pace of life and make a difference back there, where changes really need to happen. Heck they could drive that new SUV back over the Border, sell it, and live just like a 3rd World Dictator for years, if they wanted.

The Priest agreed that a "Guest worker" program is nothing more than modern day slavery. He agreed that it was stagnating the wages of those same people out there protesting against us. He also agreed that identity theft/forgery is a serious crime, which is what they are all doing. My conversation gave him something to think about such as the elderly victims who had their Social Security Number stolen and abused via Del Monte Foods illegal workers.

We changed some minds and let all of Oregon know that we are out there fighting for them, verbally fighting to keep the American dream open for all that follow the rules.

It was also an un-pleasant reminder to the illegal Aliens that employment raids are happening and more will happen soon. We will support that enforcement of laws.

This public awareness will help us when it is time to gather signatures for our ballot measures. These measures will give Oregonians the ability to pass laws that the State Legislature refused to do. I am sure many Senators and their assistants saw this and NOW is the time to call and remind them that Amnesty is NOT the solution, Enforcement is! Del Monte did not close their doors, they found Legal Oregonians that WILL work. And other companies, if given no illegal options, will do the same, for the betterment of all of us.

I am honored to be a part of this team and look forward to some more fun soon.

Rick Hickey, Vice-President-OFIR.

OFIR members and supporters:

Mary Ellen is going to Senator Ron Wyden's Portland office on Monday to lobby against the Senate amnesty bill.

She will be there at 10:00 and would welcome everyone to join her.

Where: Ron Wyden's Portland office

1220 SW 3rd Ave. Suite 585

Portland 97204

When: Monday, June 25. 10:00.

Why: Lobby against Senate amnesty bill and ask Senator Wyden to vote against cloture

and if necessary the bill. If you are interested in Joining with Mary please pm me.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

You go, Portland! We'll take back our country one city at a time.

Yea Portland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>