Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Mexican Baby Boom in New York Show the Strength of a New

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4, 2007
    A Mexican Baby Boom in New York Shows the Strength of a New Immigrant Group
    By NINA BERNSTEIN
    When Lilian Vazquez was born in Brooklyn on Thursday, a rosy 8 pounds 12 ounces and 20 ½ inches, she joined a baby boom among Mexican New Yorkers — one that bucks an overall decline in New York City births.

A new analysis by city demographers showed a 28 percent increase in births to Mexican women living here from 2000 to 2005, with 8,234 babies born in 2005, the last year for which statistics were available. For the first time, the number of babies born to Mexican women surpassed births to Dominican-born women, which dropped by more than 10 percent in the same period.

Native-born mothers, who account for fewer than half of all births in the city, had 7 percent fewer babies over the five years. And with births to foreign-born women showing only a small increase, the total was down by 3 percent.

To Dr. Iffath Hoskins, who oversaw Lilian’s delivery at Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn — a hospital whose patients include immigrants from more than 100 countries and which was founded more than a century ago to care for the families of Norwegian sailors — the numbers open a new chapter in a familiar story.

“We’ve seen the shift,â€

ANCHOR BABIES!!!! The only manufacturing jobs that have NOT been outsourced! (just made this up but I like it so much I'm going to have some bumper stickers made!)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    ANCHOR BABIES!!!! The only manufacturing jobs that have NOT been outsourced! (just made this up but I like it so much I'm going to have some bumper stickers made!)
    That is so funny but so true! Illegals just live having babies here
    because they are granted automatic citizenship here, which is so wrong.
    Just the illegals here having children will increase our population by
    millions.