Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duh

Mexican truck deal is back

It never went away, it was just delayed. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) is taking public comments until 28 June.

In the meantime, Mexican trucks continue to be inspected and authorized to operate throughout the USA.

The deal is that 100 Mexican truck companies will soon be allowed to make deliveries and pickups for Mexico in the USA as part of NAFTA and a supposed "pilot program." We all know that the "pilot program" will be declared a success and that eventually more Mexican truck companies will be allowed complete access. This will destroy our trucking industry by outsourcing, and thousands of layoffs of American truckers will occur.

Apparently some rich corporate types bought Mexican truck companies some years ago with all this in mind.

Here's a link for more
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/cross-border/cross-border.htm

Duh
    Duh

Do you have the link for public opinion? I would like to make some comments.

I think we need to contact the House on this. The House got it stalled but I don't know how long. I'll see what I can find out today.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

we have got to hammer this crap
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Ack, I swear my head will explode...why is our govt so bent on ruining us????
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    Do you have the link for public opinion? I would like to make some comments.
    I don't have an exact link, was hoping someone might have the time to explore the site via the link I posted http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/cross-border/cross-border.htm. I hope we can find a way to submit public comments. I would think the Teamsters and truckers themselves might know. I bet they discuss it on the Midnight Trucking show, but I'm never up that late to listen http://www.midnighttrucking.com/

-- The House got it stalled but I don't know how long. --

I don't think anyone can say for sure at this point. It was temporarily stalled via the Iraq War spending bill. The only date certain so far appears to be the close of public comments on 28 June, but if you find out more, please let us know asap.

Duh
    Duh