Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is Mexico Following Irish History?

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching a show on PBS that traced the ancestry of well-known figures in America today. The subject of the Irish Potato Famine came up, because it was responsible for much of the immigration from Ireland to North America.

The host of the show uncovered some correspondence between the owner of a Canadian lumber company and the Royals. The lumber company hated sending empty ships back to America, and the Royals hated the Irish peasants, so an agreement was made. I immediately thought of Mexico, and a conversation I had with a friend in Mexico City. Mexico is doing the exact same thing right now as we speak. They are ridding themselves of their lowest class, but this time it is a violation of our laws.

I just think it is interesting that Mexico has the audacity to tell us we can't follow our own laws and call us racist, when it looks like they are attempting to follow the Irish example of 1845.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Banned
    Yet mexico is not having a famine

Mexico is a very rich country , or can be

I believe its racial cleansing on the part of the light skinned , ruling class in mexico that want the mestizos GONE

You might even call it a genocide but it hasn't gotten to "hitler" levels yet

But it might

the irish are not to be compared to the 3rd world cast-offs the USA is being swamped with. imo.

I'm sick of those who would compare any of today's IAs to previous waves of immigration. To say it's Apples and Oranges doesn't begin to tell the truth.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexico uses the USA as a "steam valve" for their poor. However a lot of them who come over here are not poor. They leave good jobs in mexico for lust of more material things that they can get up here... Big difference from those who are feeling total starvation IMHO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

not the same

There is a big difference. Unlike most of the illegal aliens the Irish were starving. The land owners in Ireland weren't anxious to see them leave. If they had fewer tenant farmers they had less profit. Other coutries' ships carried many of the immigrants. American ships were preferred because of the better food.