Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Leaving California

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    The sad part is, is that this entire takeover by the illegals has a domino effect. Because people are being driven out of California, they are moving north. All of sudden Washington, Oregon and Idaho are experiencing an unexpected growth and it's starting to crowd people out in those states.
    I am a Californian who is feeling the same anger, and I think I may represent a lot of other Californians who have not left YET. I happen to have a job that I love, but the day I am tired of it--I'm gone. And when I go, I will take my tax base, my money, and my educational contribution (I am a university professor). Imagine what California will be like when people like me leave in the next couple of years. Who will pay for the increasing costs of subsidizing all the illegal services--let alone the regular costs of the state? But we have politicians in the state who are not listening. I think other states that don't want an invasion of former Californians had better pay attention. This really will be a domino effect.

I had a talk with my son (age 27) about the fact that the twenty something generation are not interested in politics. They don't vote. They are generally not aware of anything except their new cell phones. He is all about writing his dissertation--and looked at me like I'm a little crazy. I am not an alarmist type personality and added that it is HIS generation that will pay the price.
    There's a lot of truth to this. I have a 25-year-old nephew who has no conception of real life. His life is all about his MP3 player, his cell phone, the latest Harry Potter movie, etc. It sometimes frustrates me to no end. This is THEIR future we're trying to protect, and all they can think about is who to check out on MySpace.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    You should have asked this jackass of an officer, 'who is your supervisor' or, 'what is your badge number'.

No offense Rockfish, but you would have to know the mentality of the San Diego Police Department.

You see, it wouldn't have made any difference at all. The entire department is made up of Hispanics who protect the illegals at your and my own expense.

Believe me when I tell you that all that would have happened was that the officer would have probably gotten a promotion when his Hispanic supervisor heard the story.

It really is part of Mexico now. Hard to believe I realize but, it's the truth.

Rice

Really sorry to hear that, but then again, I can imagine that might be the case in other places as well, like MIAMI, for one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DJ

Comment about the language problem

"First, to destroy America, turn America a into a bilingual or multi-lingual and bicultural country." History shows that no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two or more competing languages and cultures.
    I am an educator, and one of the big names in Teacher Education is Lev Vygotsky. He was a widely read and respected writer from Russia during the Cold War. We have only started to read his stuff in the last twenty years actually [in the US]. One of his main points is that you cannot participate in a culture without a common language. This country is being ripped apart on this point. We cannot allow so many immigrants (legal or illegal) to form a "block" of those resistant to learning English. That is what we are seeing in California--and it is very alarming!

As a government employee, I go into the fields to do inspections quite often. One of the things I notice is that if you go up to a Hispanic person, they will immediately use the "I can't speak english" line. What they really mean is I don't want to speak to you. These people know english, they just use it selectively in a manner the same as how many came here (criminally). What is upsetting is that I can't do a thing about it as our State government is led by illegal aliens supporting mexicans, and followed by the one way voting democrats.

DJ

speaking English

What is upsetting is that I can't do a thing about it as our State government is led by illegal aliens supporting mexicans, and followed by the one way voting democrats.
    Here's what I'm thinking about that, Melvin. MONEY TALKS! If those politicians who are pro-illegal alien in California would see that their tax base is leaving the state--to be replaced with uneducated, non-tax paying residents, they may become somewhat alarmed. As things become more and more of a mess, they will be pressed to "fix" the problem--and there will be no solution. They will be blamed--not appreciated! Our very real threat for them is the loss of revenue for their coffers.

The fact that BOTH California Senators supported amnesty is a perfect example of how out of touch they are and how little they care about the voters.
    Here's the two that need to be name in a class action lawsuit.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345