Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Michelle Obama's suggestion Trump is end of 'hope' for America gets pushback

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Michelle Obama's suggestion Trump is end of 'hope' for America gets pushback

Michelle Obama's suggestion Trump is end of 'hope' for America gets pushback

Published December 17, 2016 FoxNews.com

Sour grapes gloom and doom from Michelle Obama on Trump?

First lady Michelle Obama's suggestion that the United States has lost hope now that Donald Trump has becoming president after eight years of husband President Obama bringing “hope and change” to Americans was met Saturday with some pushback.

"Michelle Obama says there is no hope,” Trump, the Republican president-elect, said at a rally in Alabama. “I assume she was talking about the past not the future. I honestly believe she meant that statement differently than the way it came out.”

Alabama Supreme Court Justice Tom Parker said before Trump spoke at the rally: "Yes, Michelle, we have hope again."

Obama said in an excerpt of her final White House interview, conducted by Oprah Winfrey: “We feel the difference now. ... Now we’re feeling like what not having hope feels like. … What do you do if you don’t have hope, Oprah?”

President Obama was a first-term Illinois Democratic senator when he won the White House race in 2008 with a captivating message of hope and change and became the country’s first black president.

“Barack didn’t just talk about hope because he thought it was a nice slogan to get votes,” the first lady said in the CBS interview. “He and I and so many believe: What else do you have if you don’t have hope?”

The first lady during her time in the White House made top priorities of empowering young women and promoting healthy eating habits.

She argued in the interview that children are the ones who most need hope.

And to try to explain how her husband gave Americans hope, she said he was like the soothing parent who didn’t overreact when a child bumps his or her head on a table.

“Barack has been that for the nation,” the first lady said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...r-america.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Hope and change is exactly why Trump will be sitting in the White House come January 20th. Obama's version of "hope and change" wasn't the version many of us envisioned, nor was it the "hope and change" that many of his supporters had bought into.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The reason Americans voted for "hope and change" on the Obama ticket was because they thought that as a black person he would give hope and change for black Americans. Tragically, he didn't do that. He focused on "hope and change" for illegal aliens and helping foreign countries suck every last job and dollar out of the United States.

Eating healthy wasn't the problem of most American children. It was the economic condition of their parents.

No, Americans don't need a "soothing parent" in the White House, we needed a Patriotic Warrior fighting for our jobs, factories, wages, businesses, employers, borders, rights, lives, money and peace.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This from a woman that was "ashamed of America" and "all this for a dam flag" at a memorial day parade. She never cared for America or its values anyway and her husband did everything in his power to destroy it. If they don't like it why not leave and live in another country! I know I wouldn't miss them.

We have had people in power who I believe have been 'anointed' by the puppet masters. They seem to come from nowhere and suddenly they are in power.

When I saw Pres. Obama speak at the Democratic convention - one of the Clinton conventions, I believe - I told my husband he would be President. They had anointed him. I was right.

Yes he was elected because a lot of people thought it was the righteous thing to do - made them feel so 'broad-minded'. I fully understand why the black people voted for him. One old man told my husband he didn't think he would make a good president - and heck he wasn't even an American. He was going to vote for him because it would be his last chance to vote for a black man and certainly his last chance to maybe see a black man as President.

I understand that - maybe not the most sensible thing to do. But then, voting for someone because they say they are a Republican is just as nonsensical - as we have seen.

I get the same feeling about Ted Cruz. That's why I don't trust him.
    I was sure he would be the nominee and I think he thought so as well.