Mike Huckabee to Ron Paul supporters: You lost, move on

By Chris Moody, Yahoo! News | The Ticket – 52 Mins ago

Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul in 2008. (David McNew/Getty Images)

TAMPA—Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee has a message for Ron Paul supporters who say they feel "disrespected" by the Republican Party's delegate allocation process: You lost, move on.

"I don't think they've been disrespected," Huckabee told a gaggle of reporters as we walked through the convention center here near the Tampa Bay Times Forum. "Elections are about—you get numbers. I lost four years ago, and I didn't feel disrespected as much as I felt defeated. You have to accept that the voters make a choice and the voters made a choice."

Paul supporters, who embarked on an aggressive effort to secure delegates in several states during the Republican primaries, argue that Mitt Romney's campaign strong-armed the party into limiting Paul delegates at the convention.

On Sunday, thousands of Paul supporters met for a rally at the University of South Florida, where they expressed outrage at what they called unfair treatment during the state delegate selection process.
"We know that some of you were shut out, locked out, lied to," Paul campaign adviser Doug Wead told Paul's delegates at the Sunday rally.

Paul and Huckabee, who represent opposite wings within the party, have engaged in a public feud since they both ran for the party's presidential nomination in 2008. Huckabee has called Paul supporters "fanatical believers" who "don't represent mainstream Americans."

Mike Huckabee to Ron Paul supporters: You lost, move on | The Ticket - Yahoo! News