Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

be mindful of racism

I think many folks can easily see the seething racist rhetoric being projected by the 'we hate the Nazi Arizonans' crowd. It is blatant. However, I have also seen it from the 1070 support side also. Just as repulsive to me is the 'go home beaner' ad hominem slurs that not only undermine our efforts at seeing our soveriegn laws enforced, but it is ignorant and hateful. I support this legislation simply from a legal viewpoint, and with no prejudice towards any race or ethnicity (if an illegal Ukrainian or Icelander were stopped, I would want them to face the same consequences!) So, please, everyone- I ask of you- if you encounter any of this knuckle-dragging ignorance from the pro-law side as well, put a stop to it. Call them out on it. We need to stand as a unified front of honor, decency, and fair-mindedness. Not hate.

Re: be mindful of racism

Quote Originally Posted by ghostbear
    I think many folks can easily see the seething racist rhetoric being projected by the 'we hate the Nazi Arizonans' crowd. It is blatant. However, I have also seen it from the 1070 support side also. Just as repulsive to me is the 'go home R*****R' ad hominem slurs that not only undermine our efforts at seeing our soveriegn laws enforced, but it is ignorant and hateful. I support this legislation simply from a legal viewpoint, and with no prejudice towards any race or ethnicity (if an illegal Ukrainian or Icelander were stopped, I would want them to face the same consequences!) So, please, everyone- I ask of you- if you encounter any of this knuckle-dragging ignorance from the pro-law side as well, put a stop to it. Call them out on it. We need to stand as a unified front of honor, decency, and fair-mindedness. Not hate.
    User ghostbear BANNED for using racist language at ALIPAC.

This is the first time we have had to ban anyone for racist language here in 2010.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Where at in his statement did he or she did that?

MW
    ghostbear wrote:

So, please, everyone- I ask of you- if you encounter any of this knuckle-dragging ignorance from the pro-law side as well, put a stop to it. Call them out on it. We need to stand as a unified front of honor, decency, and fair-mindedness. Not hate.
    You make an excellent point, ghostbear. While it's a fact that we do have some overzealous folks on our side, I'm sure we have a lot fewer than our opponents. However, you're right, undeniable hate exhibited through actions of violence and extremely rude behavior should never be tolerated, regardless of which side it's coming from. To show sympathy or agreement to hate mongers only serves to damage our cause.

We've never needed 'hate' to express our views because right is on our side. Also, ALIPAC has never associated itself with noted radical groups such as the KKK, neo-Nazi skinheads, etc.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn