Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitt opposed in-state tuition & driver licences for ille

While governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney demonstrated the courage to oppose the always strong pro-illegal alien forces in politics. In 2004, Gov. Romney vetoed legislation that would have given in-state tuition to illegal aliens at public collegs and universities in Massachusetts.

In 2003, Gov. Romney opposed efforts to give driver licenses to illegal aliens in Massachusetts. His comments about this subject were very clear. Gov. Romney said "Those who are here illegally should not receive tacit support from our government that gives and indication of legitimacy". He also said "If they are here illegallly, they should not get driver's licenses".

Gov. Romney's willingness to stand up to liberals in Massachusetts on thoe two issues is very impressive. He was governor in one of the most liberal states country and stood firm on those issues against the pro-illegal alien forces that were both inside and oustide the the Massachusetts state legislature.

Mike Huckabee, on the other hand, supported both in-state tuition for illegal aliens and driver licenses for illegal aliens.

I was totally shocked when I read about what Romney said on that show about his immigration plan....I trusted Tom and if he supported Romney....I went with it....I have been trying to convince my friends likewise about Romney....But Romneys easy stance against illegals really floored me....and scared me....so the above article at least makes me feel a "little" better about him.....I wish Hunter would be higher....but you have to be a CFR member to be elected otherwise you are ignored...
    Not what you know.....but who you know
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    The problem with Tacredo was that our loyalties where
    pulled in 3 directions instead getting behind one good candidate

As mentioned on the other thread, Mitt Romney is a mexican-American. As such, he has divided loyalties, which explains WHY he won't come out for getting rid of the ILLEGALS.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    I was totally shocked when I read about what Romney said on that show about his immigration plan....I trusted Tom and if he supported Romney....I went with it....I have been trying to convince my friends likewise about Romney....But Romneys easy stance against illegals really floored me....and scared me....so the above article at least makes me feel a "little" better about him.....I wish Hunter would be higher....but you have to be a CFR member to be elected otherwise you are ignored...
    Not what you know.....but who you know
    Thanks for commenting.

You might want to check out this link: www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Releases/ ... mmigration .

Mitt Romney had an excellent record as governor on the subject of illegal immigration.

Mitt Romney opposes driver licenses for illegal aliens. Mitt Romney opposes in-state tuition for illegal aliens. Mitt Romney supports English immersion in our schools. Mitt Romney supports the idea of local and state law enforcement officials enforcing federal immigration laws.

I'd vote for Mitt if RP or Lou Dobbs don't run.

But he still reminds me of a used car salesman.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    As mentioned on the other thread, Mitt Romney is a mexican-American. As such, he has divided loyalties, which explains WHY he won't come out for getting rid of the ILLEGALS.
    Wow!! I did not know this. If he becomes president it could become scary.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    This has been PROVEN to be false. Yet, you keep spreading this LIE throughout every thread!!!

AND....Even if this were true, than these would be RACIST statements on your part!! As there are many Latinos who are fighting the illegal invasion right along with us----including some who belong to "You Don't Speak for Me", AND the Minuteman Organization!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    I hate to use the "we are all immigrants" mantra but
    our ancestors had to come from somewhere

I am 4th generation German but bottom line

I am American

What else needs to be said , this Romney is mexican is just a load of
    hooey

When I read positive and negative comments I try to do a little research myself. I found this interesting comment about Mitt Romney's father, as we all learn from our parents maybe this will shed a little light on Mitt:

Quote from George Romney (Mitt's father)

At the first meeting of the National Center for Voluntary Action (NCVA), February 20, 1970, he said:

Americans have four basic ways of solving problems that are too big for individuals to handle by themselves. One is through the federal government. A second is through state governments and the local governments that the states create. The third is through the private sector - the economic sector that includes business, agriculture, and labor. The fourth method is the independent sector - the voluntary, cooperative action of free individuals and independent association. Voluntary action is the most powerful of these, because it is uniquely capable of stirring the people themselves and involving their enthusiastic energies, because it is their own - voluntary action is the people's action. As Woodrow Wilson said, "The most powerful force on earth is the spontaneous cooperation of a free people." Individualism makes cooperation worthwhile - but cooperation makes freedom possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast