Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitt Romney Explains His Open Border Plans

Mitt Romney Explains His Open Border Plans To Tim Russert - Read It Before You Vote
    Posted by PHXnews on Monday December 31, 2007 at 11:05 am MST [ Send to a friend ]
    Link to story: http://www.betterimmigration.com/candid ... res08.html

"MR. RUSSERT: The Lowell Sun, your home--one of your hometown, state home papers, said this. "Governor Mitt Romney expressed support for an immigration program that places large numbers of illegal residents on the path toward citizenship."

GOV. ROMNEY: "My own view is consistent with what you saw in the Lowell Sun, that those people who had come here illegally and are in this country--the 12 million or so that are here illegally--should be able to stay sign up for permanent residency or citizenship, but they should not be given a special pathway, a special guarantee that all of them get to say here for the rest of their lives merely by virtue of having come here illegally. And that, I think, is the great flaw in the final bill that came forward from the Senate."

MR. RUSSERT: But they shouldn't have to go home?

GOV. ROMNEY: Well, whether they go home--they should go home eventually. There's a set per--in my view they should be--they should have a set period during which period they, they sign up for application for permanent residency or, or for citizenship. But there's a set period where upon they should return home. And if they've been approved for citizenship or for a permanent residency, well, thy would be a different matter. But for the great majority, they'll be going home.

MR. RUSSERT: The children they had born here are U.S. citizens, so do the children stay here and the parents go home?

GOV. ROMNEY: Well, that's a choice, of course, the parents would, would make. But my view is that those 12 million who've come here illegally should be given the opportunity to sign up to stay here, but they should not be given any advantage in becoming a permanent resident or citizen by virtue of simply coming here illegally. And likewise, if they've brought a child to this country or they've had a child in this country, that's, that's wonderful that they're growing their families, but that doesn't mean that they all get to stay here indefinitely. We're fundamentally a nation of laws. And let me underscore something here that I think's awfully important, because this immigration debate can sound anti-immigrant to a lot of people. It's not intended to be that by myself or, I believe, by the vast majority of others that talk about it. We value legal immigration. We welcome people coming here with different cultures and skill and education, but we are a nation of laws. And our freedoms and our liberty are associated with following the law. We have to secure our border, we have to make sure there's an employment verification system to identify who's here legally and who's not. And then for the 12 million who've come here, welcome them to get in line with everybody else, but no special pathway. December 16, 2007; MSNBC Interview

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! 40,000,000 and ANCHOR BABIES NEED TO GO
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Banned
    No way you would ever get a retroactive ruling kicking out all the
    anchors

the best we can hope for is to get it changed so they don't have any more anchors

The anchor babies will be delt with the way their parents choose. That is not the federal government or the future presidents choice. It rest soleing on the parents.

Do you want the federal government telling you who should be gardian of your child? That's not unreasonable or crazy.

However, in my personal opinion, the parents should take their children with them and be responsible for them, however, some will abandon them, and some will place them in custodianship of others. Notice how great that worked for Elvira? Same for the rest of them. No one will take care of your children for very long, without some compensation.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is even worse.

http://www.betterimmigration.com/candid ... res08.html

ROMNEY

OFFICIAL STANCE on punishing employers who hire illegal aliens: NONE

OFFICIAL STANCE on giving U.S. citizenship for births to illegal aliens: NONE

OFFICIAL STANCE on implementation of entry/exit system to reduce illegal aliens who overstay visas : NONE

OFFICIAL STANCE on randomly raffling green cards to foreigners: NONE
    -- John Wayne</div>

There is still a lot of time to get that information out of his campaign.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Looks like there is one more for the kick um out of office list !!!

I pray he gives us that information. I worry about anyone who changes his stance. Look at McCain. He did the same thing. Does that mean we should vote for him?

I am chewing fingernails and there is still time left.
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    This is even worse.

ROMNEY

OFFICIAL STANCE on implementation of entry/exit system to reduce illegal aliens who overstay visas : NONE

I am sorry, but you are DEFINITELY wrong about this.

All stances are found on his website!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    This is even worse.

ROMNEY

Here you are.......I found them for you!!

Ending the Tide of Illegal Immigration
    The number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. has exploded in the last decade from 3 million to over 12 million. We must secure the border, implement an enforceable employer verification system, punish sanctuary cities and reject amnesty if we are to restore Americans’ faith in the rule of law.

CHALLENGE: The number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. has exploded in the last decade from 3 million to over 12 million. The increasing tide of illegal immigration has eroded Americans' faith in the rule of law, put great pressure on our health and education systems, and compromised our national security as our ability to secure our border is questioned around the world. This tide of illegal immigration has made a mockery of our legal immigration system and been fundamentally unfair to those legal immigrants who play by the rules as they wait patiently to pursue the American dream. Sanctuary cities, in particular, attract more illegal immigrants and increase the pressure on federal law enforcement and border control.

Secure The Border. Follow through on Congressional commitment to build a physical and technological fence along the southern border, and secure other points of entry.

Reject Amnesty. Do not give amnesty or any special pathway to those who have come to this country illegally.

Punish Sanctuary Cities. Cut back federal funding to cities that are "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants and refuse to comply with federal law or aid federal law enforcement.

Improve Interior Enforcement. Provide resources to enforce immigration laws throughout the nation, and crackdown on employers who continue to hire illegals with stiffer fines and penalties.

Encourage Legal Immigration. Streamline the system to recruit and retain skilled workers and welcome the best and the brightest from around the world to our universities.

http://www.mittromney.com/Issues/immigration
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Bren,

That information came from betterimmigration.

To me, it looks like they just don't have the official position yet so they marked it as None.

Dixie

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast