Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitt Romney on Glenn Beck (Headline News)

I don't know if we can believe him, but Romney said some strong statements about illegal's in an interview tonight with Glenn Beck.

Welcome Lendo. Here's Romney's plan to end II. He's much stronger on this issue than Giuliani and Huckabee, as he does not support pathway amnesty (like Giuliani) or "touchback" schemes (like Huckabee):

THE ROMNEY PLAN:

Stop Illegal Immigration

Secure The Border. Follow through on Congressional commitment to build a physical and technological fence along the southern border, and secure other points of entry.

Implement An Enforceable Employer Verification System. Issue a biometrically-enabled and tamperproof card to non-citizens and create a national database for non-citizens so employers can easily verify their legal status in this country.

Reject Amnesty. Do not give amnesty or any special pathway to those who have come to this country illegally.

Punish Sanctuary Cities. Cut back federal funding to cities that are "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants and refuse to comply with federal law or aid federal law enforcement.

Improve Interior Enforcement. Provide resources to enforce immigration laws throughout the nation, and crackdown on employers who continue to hire illegals with stiffer fines and penalties.

Encourage Legal Immigration. Streamline the system to recruit and retain skilled workers and welcome the best and the brightest from around the world to our universities.

http://www.mittromney.com/Issues/immigration
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you Populist. I could not get the informtion on the site yet from where I am at. It all sounded really good though. Thank you for putting the information on here for us to read.

If he will really stand for this and make it the top priority for his campaign, he could ride it straight to the White House.

I am paying very close attention to the candidates this year mostly because...sigh I voted for Booosh 2x. I really like what I am hearing from the Romney camp. In our gerrymandered election system we have two choices R or D, so far the R's percentage wise have been on our side. I think Romney can beat Hillary because he is well packaged, if we get stuck with Gomer we are in trouble because Hillary will win. If we get stuck with Mr. Sanctuary city we are also in trouble. So if it comes down to Romney or Hillary I will hold my breath, do the right thing and vote for the "R" because it will do less damage to our country

I was a witness to the 2002 Olympic scandal. Romney came into Utah to manage the Olympics when this happened. I was sorry to see him leave. I
    have had my eye on him for President for a long time.
    My first choice would be Tom Tancredo. If Tom nor Paul get into the primary we need to have Romney in. He would stand a chance at beating Hillary and Obama and I believe give us a chance to capture what Bush in 7 years has taken away.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Just remember Romney could easily change his mind once in the White House. Back in 2005 he was in full support of services for illegals:

"They require people signing up for, registering and receiving, if you will, a number, a registration number, then working here for six years and paying taxes, not taking benefits — health, Medicaid, food stamps — and so on, not taking benefits, and then at the end of that period, registering to become a citizen or applying to become a citizen and paying a fee. And those are things that are being considered. I think those are reasonable proposals."

Basically he has changed his mind and I don't think you want someone like that running the country.

Yes he could, but it would be harder for Romney to backtrack (especially if he wanted to win reelection) as he has been very public for months in his statements against illegal immigration. And, unlike Giuliani (and Huckabee), Romney actually did something against illegal immigration while in office. And this is what Romney said in May 2007 about the Senate amnesty bill:

“[i]I strongly oppose today’s bill going through the Senate. It is the wrong approach. Any legislation that allows illegal immigrants to stay in the country indefinitely, as the new ‘Z-Visa’ does, is a form of amnesty. That is unfair to the millions of people who have applied to legally immigrate to the U.S.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="Populist"]Yes he could, but it would be harder for Romney to backtrack (especially if he wanted to win reelection) as he has been very public for months in his statements against illegal immigration. And, unlike Giuliani (and Huckabee), Romney actually did something against illegal immigration while in office. And this is what Romney said in May 2007 about the Senate amnesty bill:

“[i]I strongly oppose today’s bill going through the Senate. It is the wrong approach. Any legislation that allows illegal immigrants to stay in the country indefinitely, as the new ‘Z-Visa’ does, is a form of amnesty. That is unfair to the millions of people who have applied to legally immigrate to the U.S.â€
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.