Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MSNBC Dicussion about immigration and Latino-America

http://www(dot)votolatino(dot)org/blog/2010/11/09/msnbc-special-town-hall-event-a-two-hour-discussion-on-immigration-and-latino-america/comment-page-1/#comment-3930

(MOD NOTE) Link disabled, please do not post direct links to opposition, we are not here to advertise for them. Thanks

MSNBC SPECIAL TOWN HALL EVENT: A TWO-HOUR DISCUSSION ON IMMIGRATION AND LATINO-AMERICA
    NOVEMBER 15, 10PM-12AM EST

Lawrence O’Donnell Hosts with Voto Latino’s Maria Teresa Kumar live from the University of San Diego

NEW YORK – November 9, 2010 – More than 10 million undocumented immigrants live in the United States. On November 15, MSNBC, in partnership with Voto Latino, will present a special two-hour town hall event taking an in-depth look at the complex issue of immigration in America and the emerging role of the Latino population in American life and politics. The event, hosted by MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell with Voto Latino’s Executive Director Maria Teresa Kumar, will air on 10 p.m. – 12 a.m. live from the University of San Diego.

The special town hall event will examine the state of immigration in the United States including the influence of the Latino voting block on the 2010 midterm elections, how Arizona’s immigration laws have affected national progress, and if the American Dream is still attainable for new generations of immigrants. The discussion will also present viable solutions for moving the country forward. Guests for the town hall will include actress and activist Rosario Dawson, Telemundo’s Jose Diaz Balart, Executive Director of the Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles Alfonso Aguilar, Democratic strategist and pollster Celinda Lake, and Dr. David Shirk, Director of the Trans-Border Institute at the University of San Diego.

About MSNBC:

MSNBC defines news for the next generation with world-class reporting and a full schedule of live news coverage, political analysis and award-winning documentary programming — 24 hours a day, seven days a week. MSNBC’s home on the Internet is msnbc.com. Msnbc.com delivers a fuller spectrum of news. Drawing on its award-winning original journalism, NBC News heritage, trusted sources and Microsoft’s advanced technologies, the site presents compelling, diverse and visually-engaging stories on the consumer’s platform of choice.

About Voto Latino:

Founded in 2004, Voto Latino is shaking-up America’s political establishment by bringing thousands of young Latinos into the political process. A non-partisan, nonprofit civic engagement organization, Voto Latino has produced award-winning, multiple-media campaigns headlined by celebrity voices that encourage young Latinos to register to vote and get engaged. Voto Latino strongly believes it is this new generation of young American Latinos who will shape America’s democracy for a generation. www(dot)votolatino(dot)org

About The University of San Diego:

The University of San Diego is a Catholic institution of higher learning chartered in 1949; the school enrolls some 7,800 undergraduate and graduate students and is known for its commitment to teaching, the liberal arts, the formation of values and community service. The fall 2007 establishment of the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies brings the University’s total number of schools and colleges to six. Other academic divisions include the College of Arts and Sciences and the schools of Business Administration, Leadership and Education Sciences, Law and Nursing and Health Sciences.

RSVP to Watch here: MSNBC SPECIAL TOWN HALL EVENT: IMMIGRATION AND LATINO-AMERICA

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139090692808513

Banned
    SCREW LATINOS

Let me explain

Nobody is dinging anybodies heritage , origin or where they come from or came from

This is America , not latinoland

I am an American , not a German American (German decent)

I've had it with these idiots , they can either be Americans or not

If they don't like it they can all get out , legal , illegal and all the rest

I was considering watching this, but after seeing who is on their panel, I am having second thoughts. The commercials made it look like both sides would be represented, showing people voicing concerns about open borders and unenforced laws. I guess I'll watch what I can stomach, and get back to you guys. I know Lawrence O'donnell is an open borders advocate, and he's hosting this thing.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

screw latinos

It's funny how this forum states that anything said in a racial manner will be banned from the web site, however Screw Latinos is a racial slur, though this web site condones it.... WE will all have a greater good to answer too one day... BE READY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    SCREW LATINOS

Let me explain

Nobody is dinging anybodies heritage , origin or where they come from or came from

This is America , not latinoland

I am an American , not a German American (German decent)

I've had it with these idiots , they can either be Americans or not

If they don't like it they can all get out , legal , illegal and all the rest

Well, all I could stomach was 15 minutes of it. It began OK, because they showed a Nebraska community that was hit hard by illegal immigration. They talked about how their school system was being dragged down, their hospitals being bankrupted, the social services drained. They explained that hispanic illegals were not assimilating and some refused to say the pledge of allegiance. They were working on passing an ordinence to outlaw the hiring and renting to illegals. It was essentially your typical story of communities throughout the country.

The panel with OBL O'donnell and two hispanic activists then tried to refute the Nebraskan patriots. One panelist said "change is scary." And that it was somehow ironic that Chinese immigrants had built the railroads in the Nebraskan town. They acted like the residents were just fearfull of new comers. They even tried to claim that people like them are trying to make it an hispanic issue, when illegals can come from anywhere. LOL! Coming from the people who dedicate their program to latino immigrants and no other immigrant group! One of the hispanic activists actually said we can't enforce the laws because they have failed (they have not been tried) and that they are based on "old pieces of paper." Even comparing them to laws that outlawed women and non-whites from voting! Of course they parroted the old BS about the impossibility of arresting and deporting 12 million people.

I changed it back for a bit, but the hispanic activist woman actually said something about being persecuted because an "immaginary line had crossed her," and that her family had been here for hundreds of years (I call BS on that). Then the O'donnell scumbag says something about how ironic it is that they are at the town hall in San Diego, land that used to belong to Mexico.

I had enough of that piece fo garbage special and its piece of garbage panel.

See you at the signing!!

It's on right now, "puke Fest!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I could swallow puke easier than this BS!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I did a little research on Rosario "the border crossed me" Dawson, and her claim that her family had been in the American SW for "hundreds of years." She was born in New York City. And she is of Cuban and Puerto Rican decent.

[EDIT] After watching this part on the replay, I realise what Dawson was actually trying to say. She was not talking about herself, but rather paraphrasing what someone would say in Arizona if they had descended from people who lived there before 1848. And that now they are looked at like they don't belong because of the way they look.

LOL

First of all it is very, very, very rare for someone to trace there lineage to the population in the SW before 1848, especially in Arizona. Secondly, the one who can would almost certainly never be mistaken for a Mexican mestizo. All of the "Mexicans" in the American SW back then were actually white Spanish ranchers. Any slight features that might separate them from the majority population in Arizona would probably be gone anyway through generations of intramixture with Anglos.

I don't even know why I put so much thought into such a blatantly ignorant comment by that woman.

See you at the signing!!

And it just keeps getting better. CIR=" No work today, America"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: screw latinos

Quote Originally Posted by bringingit
    It's funny how this forum states that anything said in a racial manner will be banned from the web site, however Screw Latinos is a racial slur, though this web site condones it.... WE will all have a greater good to answer too one day... BE READY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    SCREW LATINOS
    Latino is not a race. Latinos can be from any one of the races.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast