Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DarthIllegal wrote,
    I didn't mean to ruffle feathers.
    One's feathers are ruffled only when one allows for their feathers to be ruffled.

AE, Thanks for that great post.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    AE wrote,
    I am all for a REAL Christian president, if we can ever get one....but lately, we have been getting pretenders that just use it for our votes,
    If we were to get a REAL Christian as President or any other office for that matter, would we be wise enough to know it, collectively speaking? What is in a man's heart is hard to judge from a distance, time and decisions will tell. But, politics is determined by political power. Political power is transferred from the constituent to the politician and/or the political party. Be it power from the constituent with money, or the power of the constituency through their faith. In other words if much of the constituency transfers their power in a way not consistent with Biblical teachings, the power given will be diminished in quality. We will get what we deserve as a whole. (I believe our founders understood this very well)

As a society what quality of power do we transfer to our political leaders?

The monied interests in this country have not only corrupted the political class, but the society as a whole as well. Thus a large portion of society transfers selfish desires and this shows in the political sphere in many places.
    Very well said! Which is why I refuse religion. Religion is as political as Washington. Let's look at the church I used to go to. My church always said that the false prophet would bring destruction and chaos, and that false prophet would "claim" to be a christian. Then comes George Bush. The man "says" he's a christian, yet for the next 8 years he proved that he was the farthest thing from a christian that one could possibly get. As someone that was WARNED against someone like Bush, who USED his religion for votes, my instincts told me that he was evil! My instincts were right!! So many people voted for Bush under the FALSE pretenses that he was the messiah to cure every problem that we ever had, which has brought us the to the point we are at today. Thank you fake "christians" for the 8 years. So how is Obama supposed to fix the 8 years of un-christian acts by Bush without ridicule from the right?
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

DarthIllegal,
    If you are not sure where you stand, it becomes rather difficult to converse in a meaningful way.

DarthIllegal wrote,
    Personally, I don't know what to call myself. I think I'm agnostic. I believe in God, just not an evil god like the bible.
    then,

religion has no place in the grand scale of things. It is man made to absolve ones self to be forgiven for their heinous acts.
    It would appear as though you would like to either mislead with deceptive tactics, or you are confused, or perhaps I am not understanding your position.

Either way, Christians are taught not to place faith in men, there faith is to be placed in God. A very smart man with no wisdom is a danger to himself and others.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    roundabout, very true. I have known many well educated people, who were extremely foolish. Then on the flip side, many people with the most basic education, and were the most wise and common sense people I have known.

I cannot look to any of our politicians for any kind of substance, they are all men/women, who in many cases have lost sight of what is best for the people, and many have become corrupted with power and money. So roundabout is right, we cannot EVER look to any man or woman, who even the best of them, are human and prone to making foolish mistakes.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama is a fool. he trys to please everyone but us.
    We patriots are ignored. So be it we ignore him.
    IF WE AMERICANS HAD THE POWER,WHAT A NATION WE COULD HAVE AGAIN! LIKE THE 40s,50s,60s.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    AE wrote,
    I am all for a REAL Christian president, if we can ever get one....but lately, we have been getting pretenders that just use it for our votes,
    If we were to get a REAL Christian as President or any other office for that matter, would we be wise enough to know it, collectively speaking? What is in a man's heart is hard to judge from a distance, time and decisions will tell.
    Exactly! You make an excellent point. So why the heck do we want our President's to be Christians as opposed to atheists. Because someone is Christian doesn't mean that he'll be a moral person. Same goes for atheists. No one knows for sure what kind of person we're dealing with. Lets judge people by their actions as opposed to what they believe in. Lets end this ignorance.

xfighter wrote,
    roundabout wrote:
    AE wrote,
    Quote:

If we were to get a REAL Christian as President or any other office for that matter, would we be wise enough to know it, collectively speaking? What is in a man's heart is hard to judge from a distance, time and decisions will tell.

Exactly! You make an excellent point. So why the heck do we want our President's to be Christians as opposed to atheists. Because someone is Christian doesn't mean that he'll be a moral person. Same goes for atheists. No one knows for sure what kind of person we're dealing with. Lets judge people by their actions as opposed to what they believe in. Lets end this ignorance.
    (My comment to AE, was both rhetorical and sarcastic in nature. Amongst those of like mind it was not of a great revelation. Those not of like mind, might find meaning not intended. Sorry for any confusion.)

What, if anything, is expected of a Christian? What, if anything, is expected of a atheist?

roundabout wrote,
    Morality is different for a Christian than for others, just ask a member of a head hunting tribe, or a cannibal.
    If, I were to say that it could be difficult to understand the Bible, or Christians, or Christianity without being a Christian, would that sound profound?

How does one understand the atheistic community? If a man does not fear the wrath of God, is he fearless?

Once again, at the risk of sounding (or acting like) like a fool, I have answered posts that perhaps some would think, best left alone. With that being said, when I read history or try to understand events in a historical context, should I treat different the atheist (character) in history from the Christian (character) in history?

FYI: Here is a little tidbit I found while researching Progressive on the internet.

Progressive Christianity
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Differences between Progressive Christianity and traditional Christianity

Holding to the ideals of Progressive Christianity sets the movement apart from other forms of traditional Christianity. Many, if not most, Progressive Christians believe that the Bible is not the literal word of God. While all Progressive Christians recognize Jesus Christ, some view him not as the only way to God, but one of many ways, continuing the Christian modernist paradigm. Inclusiveness and acceptance is the basic posture of Progressive Christianity.[3]

Progressive Christians tend to focus on issues of social justice, rather than proselytizing efforts to convert others, as conservatives and mainstream Evangelicals tend to emphasize.

April
    Newest Alert, Please join in!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-186708.html

Quote Originally Posted by BrazenTempest
    Obama is a fool. he trys to please everyone but us.
    If there is one thing that Obama is not, it is a fool. Like Bill Clinton - a.k.a. Slick - on whom Obama's whole campaign and continuous campaigning is so obviously modeled, everything this man does is calculated to keep him in the White House.

You saw it in the State of the Union address. Obama is for absolutely everything, and everybody can get what they want without any suffering. Taxes, what taxes? 'Bama's gonna give what you want and cut your taxes, too!

Those eminent British philosophers, Dire Straits, said it earlier and more succinctly, "Money for nothing and chicks for free."

And Congress better act quickly, or Obama will be angry. See, Congress messed up and didn't pass Obamacare. You might think that it was 'Bama's own fault, but no, it was Congress. 'Cause when one is continuously campaigning, anything bad is someone else's fault.

I say, "Americans first in this magnificent country." But that's just me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast