Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MULTIPLE AGENCIES INVOLVED WITH IRS IN INTIMIDATION

MULTIPLE AGENCIES INVOLVED WITH IRS IN INTIMIDATION

by BRANDON DARBY 13 May 2013

Tea party groups' allegations that the IRS has long been targeting them for their political beliefs were recently confirmed by an apology from the IRS. The scandal gained traction as congressional leaders began efforts to hold the IRS accountable and understand the depths of the federal government’s politically-motivated abuses of power.

Yet given the history of such abuses, the problem may extend further than the IRS, and require a "government-wide" probe across several agencies, as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has suggested.

The issue was initially believed to only involve groups with “Tea Party” or “patriots” in their names being singled out for greater scrutiny by the IRS, but recent admissions reveal that a wide range of conservative and constitution-oriented groups were singled out by the federal government. Most media outlets have focused on 2012 as the year the abuses occurred, but one prominent Tea Party-initiated organization, True the Vote, began to run into alleged federal government abuses in 2010--from a variety of agencies.

True the Vote, a Houston-based nonprofit which focuses on election integrity issues, was formed by Catherine Engelbrecht and her King Street Patriots Tea Party group. True the Vote applied to the IRS for their 501(c3) non-profit status in July 2010, and almost immediately their problems began.

Within two years, multiple federal agencies, along with an EPA-affiliated Texas state agency, began auditing True the Vote and its founders, visiting their group, their businesses, and asking questions of people who knew them. The IRS was not the only governmental agency involved.

True the Vote’s experiences with the IRS’s abuse of power were recently discussed by Catherine Engelbrecht in a previous interview with Breitbart News. She said:

We applied for nonprofit C-3 status early in 2010. Since that time the IRS has run us through a gauntlet of analysts and hundreds of questions over and over again. They’ve requested to see each and every tweet I’ve ever tweeted or Facebook post I’ve ever posted. They also asked to know every place I’ve ever spoken since our inception and to whom, and everywhere I intend to speak in the future.

Engelbrecht’s application with the IRS for non-profit status allegedly triggered aggressive audits of one of her family’s personal businesses as well. The FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) began a series of inquiries about her and her group; the BATF (Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms) began demanding to see her family's firearms in surprise audits of her and her husband’s small gun dealership--which had done less than $200 in sales; OSHA (Occupational Safety Hazards Administration) began a surprise audit of their small family manufacturing business; and the EPA-affiliated TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environment Quality) did a surprise visit and audit due to “a complaint being called in.”

The Democratic Party of Texas filed a lawsuit against her, as did an ACORN affiliated group. Both the FBI and the BATF continued to poke around her life, the lives of people in her Tea Party group, and her businesses.

Ultimately, the IRS determined that it actually owed a refund to Engelbrecht; the BATF found nothing wrong in any of its repeated visits and audits; OSHA’s fine-toothed comb found reason to demand $25,000 from Engelbrecht’s family business; and TCEQ demanded the Engelbrechts spend $42,000 on additional storage sheds.

“This is what the beginning of tyranny looks like," Engelbrecht said. "My family and I have lived with great concern that we would be subject to even greater government abuses if we were vocal about what they were doing to us because of our political views and our efforts to increase governmental accountability.

"We are now convinced the only way to protect ourselves from our government is to speak out and bring our story straight to the American people. If such politically-motivated governmental abuses of power can happen to us, they can happen to anyone,” said Engelbrecht.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ncies-Involved

I am the face of Team Obama's IRS attacks

By Wayne Allyn Root
    Published May 13, 2013
    FoxNews.com

The IRS admitted Friday to targeting and intimidating conservative and Tea Party groups. But why? The answer: the IRS thought a quick apology and throwing a few “low level employees” under the bus could nip it in the bud and make it all go away.

They’re wrong. This will be one of the biggest scandals in U.S. political history -- if the media does their job.

This IRS scandal is a threat to everything America stands for. It’s why we fought a revolution against King George. It's one of the main ways the left brought down Richard Nixon -- they accused Nixon of targeting political opponents with IRS attacks to intimidate and silence them.
    If you think it was just myself or a few Tea Party groups targeted, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
    These attacks were prominently included in Nixon’s “Articles of Impeachment” and should be in Obama’s too -- if the media does their job.

How do I know?

Because I am the face of Obama’s IRS attacks. I am proof of how bad it is, when it started, that it was directed at individuals as well as groups, and that it did not involve only “low level IRS employees.”

It did not involve only “low level IRS employees.” It did not happen in only one year (2012). It does not involve one office in Cincinnati. It was a widespread attack (mine emanated from the Las Vegas IRS office). It goes to the top of the IRS, it started early in Obama’s presidency, and you can bet your last dollar that it was all conducted upon direct orders of the Obama White House.

Most importantly, I'm living proof it was directed at individuals -- with the intent of ruining our lives. It almost ruined mine. This is important because the American public needs to see the faces of the targets. I have a wife and 4 children. I didn’t deserve this.

Here is my personal story. I’m a small businessman, but also a national media personality with a megaphone. I’m an outspoken critic of Obama. My views are seen by millions on Fox News Channel, and read at web sites like The Blaze and FoxNews.com. And in almost every media appearance its pointed out that I’m Obama’s Columbia Class of ‘83 classmate. You don’t think Obama noticed?

The result? In January, 2011 an unprecedented IRS attack was launched against me. My personal story of IRS attack was covered extensively by conservative media.

In 30 years of doing business, I’ve had a spotless tax record. And I had never heard a peep from the IRS. The attack was so over-zealous and out of bounds, I was forced to hire one of this nation’s top tax attorneys, who took my case to court where we won a 100% victory.

My relief at being vindicated lasted five days! Then the IRS announced a new tax audit against me.

My attorney had never heard of such a thing and, before me, assumed it wasn’t possible.

The many legal and accounting experts (who drained my savings) all agreed this could only happen if I was on “Obama Enemies List.”

The attack was chilling and intimidating, affecting every aspect of my life. It was meant to bleed me dry, and teach me a lesson -- if you dare to criticize Obama, get ready to lose everything.

If you think it was just myself or a few Tea Party groups targeted, I’ve got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

This IRS scandal gets bigger by the day. The latest development is that top IRS officials and lawyers were in fact aware of this scandal since 2011 (the very year I was targeted).

It gets worse. It turns out the IRS was also targeting pro-Israel Jewish groups. It’s now gone from political targeting to racism and anti-Semitism.

“Enough is Enough.” It’s time our elected representatives in Congress find the courage to face up to Obama’s culture of lies, cover-ups and criminal intimidation. Nixon’s presidency ended because of the synergy of two scandals -- Watergate (a third rate burglary) and the sickening scandal of using IRS attacks to intimidate and silence his liberal opponents.

Obama now has two major scandals reminiscent of Nixon. Benghazi (the cover-up not of a third rate burglary, but of four murders of American heroes just 8 weeks before a presidential election) and the sickening scandal of using the IRS to intimidate and silence not only conservatives like me, and Tea Party groups, but also Jewish pro-Israel groups and anyone focused on protecting the Constitution.

If Nixon had used the IRS to attack one race or religion, he’d have been burned at the stake by the liberal media. This time even Obama has gone too far.

One more thing that needs to be pointed out. I wrote my new book “The Ultimate Obama Survival Guide” while being intimidated by the IRS. Sorry Mr. Obama, but your plans backfired. You can’t keep a good conservative down!

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/05/13/am-face-team-obama-irs-attacks/?intcmp=obnetwork#ixzz2THoXE2

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    13 May 2013

THE OFFICIAL MARK LEVIN AUDIO REWIND

http://www.marklevinshow.com/common/...=191&is_corp=0

Mark explains in further detail exactly what the IRS did and how they specifically targeted Tea Party and conservative organizations
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Tea Party group compiles clip of Obama calling its finances into question

May 13, 2013 | 3:20 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=a9vCf4zoNH0

Americans for Prosperity, a leading conservative small-government group, compiled the above clip of President Obama attacking them and calling their finances into question. AFP was one of the groups that the Internal Revenue Service was pressing Tea Party groups to explain their affiliation with.

A January 2012 letter by the IRS specifically asks an unnamed group: “Regarding Americans for Prosperity: a) explain your relationship; b) provide copies of any contacts with AFP; c) describe the training program provided by AFP; d) provide copies of the training material.”

AFP has been the subject of particular scrutiny by groups on the Left due to its grass-roots activism and its connection to the Koch brothers, the wealthy libertarian-conservative philanthropists.

In a statement, Tim Phillips, president of AFP said:

The connection between Obama’s rhetoric and IRS action seems more than coincidental. It points to a clear agenda to silence those who oppose Obama’s big-government policies like Obamacare, Cap & Trade, and the failed Stimulus. Today Obama acknowledged the abuse taking place under his watch, but he needs to apologize to the American people who were targeted, take direct responsibility, and demand a full investigation.

Irs Letter to Americans for Prosperity

http://washingtonexaminer.com/tea-pa...rticle/2529543
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)