Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Must See! US/Mexico Transportation Planning FHWA

I just found this while searching.
    I am not a legal eagle but this looks very important to me.
    It discusses who the trucking firms are. What the concerns at the border are and all the issues. And suggests possible solutions.
    Who is the FHWA? I don't know but they sure have a lot of info here that is worth looking over. I am back to doing more research. Check it out and see what you find interesting here.

http://www.borderplanning.fhwa.dot.gov/ ... TIAppC.htm

Re: Must See! US/Mexico Transportation Planning FHWA

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    I just found this while searching.
    I am not a legal eagle but this looks very important to me.
    It discusses who the trucking firms are. What the concerns at the border are and all the issues. And suggests possible solutions.
    Who is the FHWA? I don't know but they sure have a lot of info here that is worth looking over. I am back to doing more research. Check it out and see what you find interesting here.

Edited to add: FHWA is the Federal HighWay Assoiciation it had a .gov address so it seems official.

http://www.borderplanning.fhwa.dot.gov/ ... TIAppC.htm

This is an interesting report PAF; it seems to illustrate the heart of the Trans-Texas Corridor. I found an entry on another page on this report that caught my attention under the Background section:

The explosion of U.S. - Mexico trade during the past two decades has had a significant impact on the volume of trucks crossing the border. Since the mid-1980s, northbound truck traffic from Mexico to the United States has experienced growth in excess of 400 percent (Figure 1). Despite an economic downturn in 2001 that resulted in the first decline in U.S. - Mexico commercial traffic in more than a decade, continued expansion of cross-border trucking is forecast for the foreseeable future.
    http://www.borderplanning.fhwa.dot.gov/ ... tocSummary

PAF- it looks like you found all the plans for the new Mexican customs facilities, and all the Points of entries all around the Texas/Mexico borders. I don't know how you found it, but it gets really interesting. Especially solutions to problems with Mexican trucks and their cargo. Also bilateral solutions to 'streamline' Mexican cargo and U.S. cargo and the routes they will take to through Mexico into the U.S..
    Good for you finding that one!

Thanks!

Actually, I just did a search of Mexican Trucking firms and it was right there. Another peice to the puzzle that is the SPP and NAU.