BETWEEN THE LINES

Must we wait until 2015 for action?

Exclusive: Joseph Farah has way to hold timid GOP leadership accountable

Published: 3 hours ago
Joseph Farah

If Republicans really want to win big in November’s midterm election, there’s something the GOP-controlled House of Representatives can do right now.

Americans are understandably angry about Obamacare. They’ve been lied to over and over again by Barack Obama. He told them they could keep their doctor. He told them they could keep their health-care insurance if they liked it. He told them their premiums would not go up. The lies before the last election and after the last election are legion.

Finally, they realize elections have consequences.

But Americans were never really sure whether they had much of a choice. Plenty of Republicans stayed home in 2012. If you have any doubts about that, just look at Mitt Romney’s vote total – fewer than what John McCain received in 2008, when plenty of Republicans stayed home.

I believe Americans, particularly independents and Republican-leaning voters, want to know whether Republicans really mean what they say and say what they mean. Will they really stop the irresponsible deficit spending of Washington if they have a chance? Or will they take us down the road at national ruin at a slower speed?

Now is the time for bold action by House Republicans.

What can they do?

In one fell swoop they can defund Obamacare and dozens of other wasteful programs by denying any more hikes in the debt limit. They can force government to start living within its means, just like every American must do.

It sounds radical, but, in times like these, radical solutions are needed.
The problem is, and has been, the Republican leadership is not bold. The Republican leadership apparently doesn’t want to freeze spending and cut waste and fraud and restore constitutionally limited government to America.

So Republicans in the House need to be convinced this is the right course of action.

If they can’t be convinced between now and Election Day, then Americans will have their answer: There really is not much difference between the Democrats and the entrenched Republican leadership in the House. So this is a worthwhile test of the two-party system as well as the need to save America from ruin before 2016.

Experience more of Joseph Farah’s no-nonsense truth-telling in his books, audio and video products, featured in the WND Superstore

How do we do it?

This isn’t a new idea. It’s one I have been pushing since January 2011.

It’s called “The No More Red Ink Campaign.” It’s a plan to deluge House Republicans with the demand to say no to any future hikes in the debt limit – the amount the government is permitted to borrow.

Without borrowing, Washington can’t keep spending. In fact, it will be forced to cut spending radically.

This is what Republican leadership fears.

But many House Republicans realize it is the only way to save the country responsibly from bankruptcy.

Those Republicans need your support.

I’ve devised an easy and inexpensive way for you to reach all of them – every single House Republican – with an urgent message, guaranteed to be delivered to their individual offices by FedEx, that demands they stop the borrowing the next chance they get.
So far, more than 1.5 million such messages have been spent. More and more House Republicans are getting the message. If the deluge continues, even the leadership will get the message.

If you’ve got a better idea, let me know.

Otherwise, give this one a try.

Go to “The No More Red Ink Campaign” website. It will take you no more than a minute to send the message to every House Republican. It’s fast and it’s inexpensive.

You can complain all you want, but they won’t hear you unless you take direct action.

I can’t guarantee the result, only that your voice will be heard.

Yes, it’s a sacrifice, but, I think, saving America is worth a little sacrifice.

Media wishing to interview Joseph Farah, please contact media@wnd.com.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/01/must-we-w...15-for-action/