Ever since this horrible bill began to get legs, I've taken one article or inspiring story a day and e-mailed it to everone in my address book. I always ask my friends and acquaintances to keep up the fight and contact Senators as much as time will allow to be very vocal about how bad S 1348 really is.

Today, I decided to write my own article and I think it came out pretty good. If you think you can use it to inspire action, please use generously.

Here it is:

In 2006, the full Senate and House voted overwhelmingly into law the mandate to build nearly 800 miles of border fence. To date, varying reports say that between 2 and 11 miles of that fence have actually been built. The Bush Administration has stubbornly refused to build the fence and now claims that only by passing S 1348 can we expect border security and enforcement.

I don't need to remind you of the warnings put forth by a number of Senators exposing that all of the security provisions in S 1348 were written in such a way that they were never intended to be implemented. Senator Grassley exposed 15 major loopholes in the legislation and Senator Sessions exposed 20 purposely written flaws that he deemed harmful to the country. These loopholes include reducing the border fence to under 400 miles.

Now facing strong opposition from citizens and Senators on both sides of the aisle, the White House along with a very small number of Senators are trying another scheme to try to fool the American Public into believing that amnesty is the only way we can expect this administration to enforce the border and enforce immigration law.

"Failure to act on this legislation will deny the country the safety and security provided by these enhanced enforcement measures," Homeland Security Secretary Chertoff wrote Tuesday night.

The fact is, this statement is pure blackmail and blatantly untrue. The Administration has always had the ability (and the obligation) to allocate funds and manpower toward enforcing Federal law.

The following statement from a Democrat Senator eloquently contradicts Chertoff's statement, exposes his dishonesty and the exposes the bipartisan opposition to S 1348:

"Frankly, we don’t even need this legislation to be effective. If this Administration would only enforce current law, it would make a tremendous difference." Democrat Senator Claire McCaskill on June 8, 2007.

Hearing only a small amount of what the public outcry actually said, President Bush is now trying to blackmail the American citizens and threaten Senators with Border Security. He is saying if we will swallow amnesty, he will allocate several billion dollars to border enforcement and workplace enforcement. The only problem is, as the American public knows, this President doesn't keep promises very well. The people should be very skeptical when this administration promises to implement ANY programs. The list of failures on George Bush's resume' is miles long.

The Bush Administration can allocate all of the money in the world, but that will not ensure the administration will actually do anything!

With history as the best predictor of the future, I would venture to say that if S 1348 were to pass, the enforcement would not happen while President Bush is still in office. However, I firmly believe all of the guest worker and amnesty provisions would be well funded and quickly initiated.

The two major objections that citizens have to S 1348 (amongst others) are amnesty and the enforcement loopholes. They cried out to their Senators "Enforce the Border and Existing Laws" and "No Amnesty. Hell bent on passing his amnesty bill before his term as President runs out, he now wants us to believe him when he wants to trade enforcement for amnesty.

Please call fax and e-mail your Senator as well as all the other US Senators that you have the time to contact and let them know that you will not be blackmailed by trading "Enforcement For Amnesty". Remember, this issue is as much about national security as it is about equity and law enforcement.

Under the Bush - Kennedy amnesty, even terrorists currently in the country will be granted immediate legal status. One of the purposeful loopholes only allows Federal agencies 24 hours to conduct a background check on the applicant. If the check is not completed in the allotted time, the applicant is granted immediate immunity and sent on his/her way.

Keep in mind, as long as Harry Reid and Ted or Edward Kennedy are involved in "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" amnesty will always be the end goal. We should not and will not trade amnesty for safety and security.

Tell your Senators "Secure the Border, Enforce Current Law and Keep S 1348 Dead. I Will Not Trade Amnesty For Security. The Citizens Spoke Very Clearly Last Week, No S 1348, Ever!" Call every day until this bill is finally declared dead! If the line is busy, keep trying. You deserve to be heard. Just remember to be courteous and considerate toward the Senatorial aides.

Don't be afraid to work hard on your Democrat Senators. I believe many of them are against S 1348 on principle but need enough public outcry to muster the courage to buck the party.

Join nearly 800,000 of your fellow anti-amnesty citizens and fax your Federal elected officials for free at NumbersUSA http://www.numbersusa.com

Find all 99 Senators' phone numbers and E-Mail them directly for free at http://www.congress.org

NumbersUSA and Congress.org keep all information confidential and do not share personal information with any other organizations.

Bio - I am a lifelong Republican in my mid-forties. I voted for George Bush both times and supported him until he began to betray our trust on domestic policy. I no longer support him and pray for the day that he leaves the office he has so thoroughly disgraced.