Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Letter from Mr Reid....

From Harry Reid in response to a petition I just signed I am sure many of you have gotten the same thing but in case you haven't....

July 8, 2010

Dear Ms. xxxxxxxxx:

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration. I appreciate hearing from you.

I have been a strong supporter of tough, fair, and practical immigration reform. Immigration reform should not only strengthen our borders against terrorists, drug traffickers and illegal entrants, but should also make our laws more realistic so that they can be more effectively enforced.

Despite efforts to pass a comprehensive immigration reform measure (S. 1639) in the 110th Congress, the legislation was blocked from coming up for a vote on June 28, 2007. As a result, the Senate was unable to enact legislation that would have strengthened border security, put in place an effective and efficient employer verification system, reformed our legal immigration system to take pressure off the border, and required immigrants here illegally to apply for legal status, pay taxes, learn English, and pass criminal background checks, or face deportation. Instead, by doing nothing, our country is left with the same problems that have plagued our broken immigration system for years.

As you know, Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL), Charles Schumer (D-NY), Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and I recently introduced a framework for comprehensive immigration reform and invited our Republican colleagues to take a look at it and work with us to fix our broken immigration system. This framework reflects the bipartisan negotiations that have been taking place on this issue in recent months.

It includes tough enforcement - with measures to secure our border and the tools to ensure that employers cannot hire people who are here illegally - along with reform of our legal immigration system, and a requirement that people here illegally register with the government, pay taxes, learn English, and pass criminal background checks or face deportation.

I understand that immigration reform cannot be partisan issue and will not pass in the U.S. Senate without the support of Republicans. It is my sincere hope that the Senate can pass an immigration bill that is tough on lawbreakers, fair to taxpayers, and practical to implement.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,
    A
    HARRY REID
    United States Senator
    Nevada

Kathyet

lol

As you know, Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL), Charles Schumer (D-NY), Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Diane Feinstein (D-CA) and I recently introduced a framework for comprehensive immigration reform

lol...Yeah I trust you guys to come up with good Legislature as much as I trust Charles Manson as a Barber to give me a hair cut and a close shave....

Banned
    "the Senate was unable to enact legislation that would have strengthened border security, put in place an effective and efficient employer verification system,"

Only because the dems refuse to do it without AMNESTY

Harry is toast in Nov

Notice that Harry Reid can not bring himself to enforce our current laws.

Doesn't he take an oath of office to support the enforcement of Federal laws?

He needs to get voted out of office. He is a disgrace. His son is even ashamed to use the last name of Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    "the Senate was unable to enact legislation that would have strengthened border security, put in place an effective and efficient employer verification system,"

Only because the dems refuse to do it without AMNESTY

Harry is toast in Nov

Lets hope...but I have very little faith in people

Rory Reid needs to go away the same has his big Daddy...

Kathyet

Re: My Letter from Mr Reid....

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet

I have been a strong supporter of tough, fair, and practical immigration reform......... and required immigrants here illegally to apply for legal status, pay taxes, learn English, and pass criminal background checks, or face deportation.
    Tough, fair and practical? Is this guy smoking crack? REID when you are packing your bags in November remember Americans made it clear we don't want AMNESTY in any form or fashion.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas