Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My letter to NC Legislature

Some of you have(SOSAD, tinybob, EX OC) inspired me to write a much needed letter here in NC. I will post if I get any good feedback. I will be sending this out over the next couple of days, as soon as my husband proofs it for me.

SOSAD - I hope you don't mind I borrowed some of your text.

Dear Senator_______,

I am becoming very concerned with illegal immigration laws being passed in other states while North Carolina is doing nothing to improve enforcement of illegal immigration. It is up to our Legislature to do something when our Federal Government refuses to protect the citizens of North Carolina and this great Nation.

Oklahoma has passed great laws to protect their citizens, No one knows for certain how many undocumented immigrants have left Oklahoma, or where they've gone. But immigration activists suspect some have returned to their countries of origin, while others have moved to neighboring states in search of work—a development that has prompted nearby states to consider their own Oklahoma-style crackdowns.

More than 1,562 pieces of legislation related to immigration were introduced in the nation's 50 state legislatures last year, and 244 of them became law in 46 states, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

But immigration experts say Oklahoma's law goes further than any other. Among other provisions, the law makes it a felony to knowingly "transport, move ... conceal, harbor or shelter" any illegal immigrant; mandates that government agencies verify the legal status of any applicant for public programs; requires many employers to participate in a federal verification system to confirm a job applicant's immigration status; and expands the ability of state and local police to enforce federal immigration laws.

Carol Helm, director of Immigration Reform for Oklahoma Now, says the Oklahoma law was necessary to stop a burgeoning population of illegal immigrants from "multiplying faster than the American citizen race" and overwhelming the state's social services, schools, heath care, hospitals etc.

Please do not ignore this problem any longer, stop it now.

- Our schools are severely overcrowded and overburdened with teaching children who do not know how to speak English. This degrades the quality of education for NC citizens.

- We are in the midst of an extreme drought and the burden of illegal aliens is straining our depleting water supply.

- we have had many incidents of illegal aliens driving while intoxicated and harming and killing the citizens of our state.

- we have people from a third world country preparing food in many of the restaurants in our state with no health screenings before entering our country.

- Illegal aliens are taking jobs from Americans, particularly in the construction trade where home builders will go for the lowest bid, least qualified workers leading to poorly built homes.

-Our Governor supports the attendance of illegal aliens to our taxpayer funded community colleges.

-They are putting an enormous strain on our hospitals. In many states, hospitals are shutting down because they can no longer manage with the strain of so many uninsured people who should not be here!

-FAIR (Federation for American Immigration Reform) projects our current annual fiscal cost to NC taxpayers for emergency medical care, education and incarceration resulting if amnesty is adopted for illegal aliens:
    Current 2010 2020
    $997,000,000 $1,721,000,000 $3,027,000,000

It is imperative our legislature does not shirk its duty to the people of North Carolina. I strongly urge you to pass the same legislation that Oklahoma has to ensure that the citizens of North Carolina can live the quality of life in this great state that they are entitled to.

We are not a sovereign nation if the rule of law is being ignored by people who believe they have the right to live in our country under their own rules and can break our laws without consequences.

Please consider joining "State Legislatures for Legal Immigration" We need our Legislatures working together in a bipartisan manner for the good of America.

Best Regards,

Awesome, Lynne! That should catch their attention. We will see who responds. Don't forget to post the responses here, ok?

Tiny and Sosad inspired me too.

I met with my state senator last nite in his townhall meeting. What a wonderful experience. I gave him a copy of OK's HB 1804. I felt I was really doing something pro-active! (See my original post in Gen Discussion for the update of the townhall meeting.) http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-103319-25.html

Here is the link to the text of HB 1804: http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/2007- ... 04_ENR.RTF

If you want to print it and give it to your reps if you can. It is 17 pages long. Good luck to you!

Ex_OC
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Lynne,

And tinybob is right. We may not be able to save the nation, but we can try to save our own states, one state at a time. It will get easier because so many states are already passing their own bills, creating a domino effect. All we really have to do is get someone's attention in our legislatures. If you know who in your legislature feels the same way we do, contact that person first. Feed him/her the facts. That is a good start.

You go, girl!! We got yer back!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

I received a couple of responses already:

Thank you for your email concerning illegal immigration laws being passed in other states but not North Carolina. Senator Pittenger introduced several bills last year to address some of the illegal immigration issues you have mentioned, but his bills were not heard in committee and they did not come up for a vote.

Senator Pittenger's bill requiring a social security number to obtain a driver's license was incorporated in the Technical Corrections Act of 2006 which became law. He will be introducing a comprehensive immigration bill when the short session begins in May that will be similar to bills passed by Oklahoma, Georgia and Arizona.

Your concerns are valid and we appreciate your involvement.

Peggy Halifax
    Legislative Assistant
    Senator Robert Pittenger
    (919)733-5655

AND a second response:

You need to direct your concerns to the Democrat Legislators, a review of legislation filed will show why. (from a Republican Rep)

t sounds like Senator Pittenger will be sponsoring a bill! Everyone from NC please write him to show support for this.

I'm not sure what to make of the second response. I reviewed pending legislation but I'm not seeing anything like OK bill.

Thanks for reading.

Lynne that is fantastic!!! sounds like you have a Demacratic controlled congress , they evidently the Dems are holding up progress there!!!

Great Job!! keep it up you got the hang of it and your fast and good !!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Wonderful Lynne. Congrats. Yes, it does sound like you have a Democrat run legislature. Look at New Gingrich's speech to CPAC last saturday. He said that the conservatives in the positions to challenge the elites must do so and do it consistently. Like each week. Sounds like you have an ear there. Perhaps he can give suggestions to you how you can raise the numbers of people to back him and get the word out. Perhaps you can become an liason for him and his bills in your community. Draft others who are interested and have them be liasons in their community. Almost like neighborhood watches polictically.

Here is the speech at CPAC. Look at the dynamics and principles behind his suggestions and solutions.

http://www.webcastgroup.com/client/star ... 0209083982
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good letter Lynn, keep on em!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are working on Utah and Oregon!!

...............EMERGENCY ALERT".................
    Please help take Action!!! NOW
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103479.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks everyone. I received another response from a Republican representative and he said that he has supported all of the bills on immigration and he agrees it is our number one problem but the democrats won't allow anything to pass. I asked him if I could do anything and I will wait for his response.

SOSAD - I'm going to email Utah and OR tomorrow too. (phone calls are difficult because I have a toddler ).

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Thanks everyone. I received another response from a Republican representative and he said that he has supported all of the bills on immigration and he agrees it is our number one problem but the democrats won't allow anything to pass. I asked him if I could do anything and I will wait for his response.

SOSAD - I'm going to email Utah and OR tomorrow too. (phone calls are difficult because I have a toddler ).
    Good job Lynne...that would be great!! don't neglect that toddler he/she is the reason we are trying to save America!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast