Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My letter and response from the Mexican Consulate

July 30, 2007

Mr. Chao:

Thank you for your prompt response. I will review Article 5 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963 for it's content. Should I have any questions on how your consulate is applying it, I will get back to you for clarification. Again, best wishes on your mission to promote the success of Mexican-American citizens and legal Mexican immigrants in my country. As I'm sure you are aware, we are the most welcoming and diverse country in the world with over 1.1million legal immigrants admitted each year. All we ask in return, is that the people of the world that wish to come to America do so in an orderly process and in accordance with our laws.

Sincerely,

------- -------
    American Citizen
    Mooresville, NC

----- Original Message -----
    To: stephen66@adelphia.net
    Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 7:28 PM
    Subject: RE: Consulado de México en Little Rock Pregunta

Mr. ------,

I appreciate your comments.

The answer to your question is the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963, article 5 (d) and (m). The convention was signed by both the United States and Mexico and thus became the law of the land in this country thought the supremacy clause of the US Constitution.

Regards,

Andres Chao
    Consul of Mexico

Consulate of Mexico

Little Rock, Arkansas

Tel +(501) 372 6933

Fax +(501) 372 6109

http://portal.sre.gob.mx/littlerock/

-----Mensaje original-----
    De: stephen66@adelphia.net [mailto:stephen66@adelphia.net]
    Enviado el: Domingo, 29 de Julio de 2007 Jafet Nava 06:25 p.m.
    Para: consulmexlir@comcast.net
    Asunto: Consulado de México en Little Rock Pregunta

Este es un mail de pregunta de ------- -------

July 29, 2007

Dear Mr. Andres Chao:

First, I’d like to congratulate you on your appointment as the head of Mexico’s new consulate in Little Rock, Arkansas. In the July 29 article on the commercialappealonline.com Memphis online newspaper, you dismissed critics that said Mexico is helping illegal immigrants establish lives here. You stated that providing documents to Mexicans in the U.S. is allowed by international law, which gives many countries the right to offer such documents to their citizens abroad. Really, Mr. Chao? If you don’t mind, I’d like to ask that you provide me with the international law that allows foreign governments to aid and abet the operation of their citizens who are in another country ILLEGALLY. In America, just as in Mexico, we distinguish between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants. If you are providing documents to ILLEGAL Mexican immigrants that allow them to operate in the U.S., then you are in violation of our immigration laws. You need to be very careful in who you provide documents to in my country. I’m sure you realize that under under Mexican law, it is a felony to be an illegal alien in Mexico. Though not a felony here, it is still a crime and the perpetrator can be deported. In Mexico, those that aid in illegal immigration can be sent to prison. That also applies in my country. Also, I’m sure your aware that according to Article 116 of Mexican Immigration Law, foreigners in Mexico with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. That outcome also applies in my country.

As you know, the Mexican constitution expressly forbids non-citizens to participate in the country’s political life. Non-citizens are forbidden to participate in demonstrations or express opinions in public about domestic politics. Article 9 states, “only citizens of the Republic may do so to take part in the political affairs of the country.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BRAVO, ZEEZIL!!

We should ALL write to him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BRAVO!!!!!!!
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

GO ZEEZIL!!

This was the original article that triggered my response letter to the Mexican Consulate. It was posted by jannidot (thanks jann...):

Mexican diplomat visits key members of local community
    Mike Maple/The Commercial Appeal

By Daniel Connolly
    Contact
    July 29, 2007
    When Andres Chao came to Memphis on Saturday for his first official visit as head of Mexico's new consulate in Little Rock, he was invited to meet representatives of global businesses, but decided instead to visit key people in the local Mexican community.
    "My first step or intention to visit here is to know the community, to feel what are the problems of the community, what are the needs of the community," the 42-year-old career diplomat said after a gathering at an auditorium in El Mercadito, a Hispanic shopping mall in Hickory Hill.

Chao said he'll return to Memphis in the near future to meet corporate leaders and civil authorities.
    The Hispanic Business Alliance organized the event and invited representatives of groups including local churches, social service agencies and Spanish-language media. About 30 people attended.

The meeting was conducted almost entirely in Spanish and underscored the challenges that Chao and his colleagues face as they try to provide services to a far-flung, growing population that includes large numbers of illegal immigrants.

Chao said the consulate has a staff of 10 and represents as many as 1 million Mexicans living in West Tennessee, eastern Oklahoma as well as all of Arkansas and Mississippi.

He told the group that the consulate handles everything from assistance to jailed Mexicans to help in making arrangements to transport the dead back to their home country.

The office has faced heavy demand for Mexican passports and matricula consular identification cards since its official opening in April, he said. Chao said there's a six-week waiting list for the in-person appointments required to get the documents.

Immigrants are often willing to drive hundreds of miles or stand in line for hours to obtain the documents because they are a key means to identify themselves to local governments and open bank accounts. That's especially true for immigrants who lack other identification.

Critics have said Mexico is helping illegal immigrants establish lives here. Chao dismissed that, saying that international law gives many countries the right to offer such documents to their citizens abroad.

During the meeting, soccer league organizer and newspaper publisher Jose Luis Escobar asked if Mexican officials planned to hold more one-day "mobile consulate" events in Memphis to provide the coveted documents. In March, the last such event here attracted hundreds. Police were called after some in the crowd became angry about how the consulate was handling appointments.

Chao said the Little Rock consulate, which is about two hours' drive from Memphis, doesn't plan more mobile consulate events here this year. It will hold them in places much further away from Little Rock, such as southern Mississippi.

In response to a question about new laws in Tennessee and other states meant to crack down on illegal immigration, Chao said he can only go so far in his advocacy.

"As a diplomat, I have a limit," he said. But he said the civil leaders gathered in the room could do more and expressed hope that many such laws would be found unconstitutional.

Mexican consulate

Telephone: (501) 372-6933

Address: 3500 South University Ave., Little Rock

On the Web: portal.sre.gob.mx/littlerock

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/loc ... %2C00.html

Oh Zeezil that was terrrific, please let us know if he answers you, LMAO

-----------"ALIPAC SUMMER FUND RAISER"-----------
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The Matricula Consular has a legitimate purpose which is to enable consular staff to find a file on someone when there might be multiple people with the same name. Which Juan Rodriguez are you would be a difficult thing without the one in front of you having a number that goes with the name. If someone gets into a car accident and a person Juan Rodriguez dies then the picture on the card can be used to help determine which town the body should be sent to.

It is the other uses that the card has been put to in the past twelve years like bank accounts and obtaining services paid for by American citizens.

The consulate in Little Rock has a legitimate purpose since it serves businesses that are selling to Wal-Mart. I doubt though that as much of their time gets used for legitimate immigrants and business as should be.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    The Matricula Consular has a legitimate purpose which is to enable consular staff to find a file on someone when there might be multiple people with the same name. Which Juan Rodriguez are you would be a difficult thing without the one in front of you having a number that goes with the name. If someone gets into a car accident and a person Juan Rodriguez dies then the picture on the card can be used to help determine which town the body should be sent to.

It is the other uses that the card has been put to in the past twelve years like bank accounts and obtaining services paid for by American citizens.

The consulate in Little Rock has a legitimate purpose since it serves businesses that are selling to Wal-Mart. I doubt though that as much of their time gets used for legitimate immigrants and business as should be.

I agree with Richard's point on this issue. The Mexican Consulates have every right to issue these cards. The misuse of the Matricula Consular is aided and abetted by states that issue drivers licenses, banks like Wells Fargo an BOA that allow their use to open accounts and get credit cards, and our federal government which, even though it has said the cards are not a reliable ID continue to allow states and private entities to accept the Matricula.

On the other hand, we should all be carefully watching the activities, and interference, of the Mexican Consulates in our areas of the country and writing directly to them with our concerns. Zeezils's correspondence with the Consulate is certainly valid in seeking a clarification of the Mexican governments policies. Good job, Zeezil!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard

...you have basically accentuated my point. The Matricula Consular ID's are basically worthless and not accepted in Mexico but gives illegal aliens operational identity here. Banks and businesses, with their greed in chasing the almighty dollar and peso (they don't care which, just as long as it's money), willingly accept this document. The Mexican government knows it as do their Consulates. But they willingly provide this document to ILLEGALs so it most certainly is aiding and abetting because again, it give illegal aliens operational identity here. You further state that the Consulate serves the businesses that are selling to Wal-Mart. Most everyone who has been following the immigration debate and issues know that Wal-Mart is a notorious employer of illegal aliens. By default, I'm sure a number of businesses selling to Wal-Mart do as well. It is also known by most of the diligent followers of the immigration issue that the Mexican government and their consulates not only aid and abet "their people" here, they actively interact with our Senators, Congressmen and bureaucrats in guiding legislation to favor their interests (remember remittances back to Mexico is their largest source of income, next to oil). I feel it is very important that the Mexican government and it's officials know that the common American Citizen is aware of the level of involvement they have in supporting and encouraging illegal immigration into our country and that even if our government won't admit it or do anything about it, people are watching them.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: My letter and response from the Mexican Consulate

[quote="zeezil"]July 30, 2007

Mr. Chao:

Thank you for your prompt response. I will review Article 5 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963 for it's content. Should I have any questions on how your consulate is applying it, I will get back to you for clarification. Again, best wishes on your mission to promote the success of Mexican-American citizens and legal Mexican immigrants in my country. As I'm sure you are aware, we are the most welcoming and diverse country in the world with over 1.1million legal immigrants admitted each year. All we ask in return, is that the people of the world that wish to come to America do so in an orderly process and in accordance with our laws.

Sincerely,

------- -------
    American Citizen
    Mooresville, NC

----- Original Message -----
    To: stephen66@adelphia.net
    Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 7:28 PM
    Subject: RE: Consulado de México en Little Rock Pregunta

Mr. ------,

I appreciate your comments.

The answer to your question is the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations of 1963, article 5 (d) and (m). The convention was signed by both the United States and Mexico and thus became the law of the land in this country thought the supremacy clause of the US Constitution.

Regards,

Andres Chao
    Consul of Mexico

Consulate of Mexico

Little Rock, Arkansas

Tel +(501) 372 6933

Fax +(501) 372 6109

http://portal.sre.gob.mx/littlerock/

-----Mensaje original-----
    De: stephen66@adelphia.net [mailto:stephen66@adelphia.net]
    Enviado el: Domingo, 29 de Julio de 2007 Jafet Nava 06:25 p.m.
    Para: consulmexlir@comcast.net
    Asunto: Consulado de México en Little Rock Pregunta

Este es un mail de pregunta de ------- -------

July 29, 2007

Dear Mr. Andres Chao:

First, I’d like to congratulate you on your appointment as the head of Mexico’s new consulate in Little Rock, Arkansas. In the July 29 article on the commercialappealonline.com Memphis online newspaper, you dismissed critics that said Mexico is helping illegal immigrants establish lives here. You stated that providing documents to Mexicans in the U.S. is allowed by international law, which gives many countries the right to offer such documents to their citizens abroad. Really, Mr. Chao? If you don’t mind, I’d like to ask that you provide me with the international law that allows foreign governments to aid and abet the operation of their citizens who are in another country ILLEGALLY. In America, just as in Mexico, we distinguish between LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants. If you are providing documents to ILLEGAL Mexican immigrants that allow them to operate in the U.S., then you are in violation of our immigration laws. You need to be very careful in who you provide documents to in my country. I’m sure you realize that under under Mexican law, it is a felony to be an illegal alien in Mexico. Though not a felony here, it is still a crime and the perpetrator can be deported. In Mexico, those that aid in illegal immigration can be sent to prison. That also applies in my country. Also, I’m sure your aware that according to Article 116 of Mexican Immigration Law, foreigners in Mexico with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. That outcome also applies in my country.

As you know, the Mexican constitution expressly forbids non-citizens to participate in the country’s political life. Non-citizens are forbidden to participate in demonstrations or express opinions in public about domestic politics. Article 9 states, “only citizens of the Republic may do so to take part in the political affairs of the country.â€
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast