Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My Letter From Senator Cornyn

After frequent calls, faxes and e-mails (thanks NumbersUSA!!) I received a letter from my senator John Cornyn. It might not seem like much, but at least some politicians are listening to us in Washington!!!

Dear Mr. Smith:

Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. The need to fix our broken system is clear, and I appreciate having the benefit of your insight on one of the most important issues of our day.

Immigration reform ultimately must be about improving our system for legal immigration, not about creating new benefits for illegal aliens. Although we are a proud nation of immigrants, we are also a nation of laws. If policymakers will agree that all immigrants must abide by the rule of law, then we can reach a consensus on ways to improve the legal process so that it meets the needs of our society, our economy and our national security.

Recently, the Senate debated S. 1639, a comprehensive immigration reform bill. I was one of 53 Senators who voted against the cloture motion to bring this bill to a vote. I had serious concerns that the legislation, as drafted, would have repeated the well documented mistakes of the 1986 amnesty bill. Furthermore, Senators were not allowed the full opportunity to offer amendments to this flawed legislation.

I have been working throughout my time in the Senate to develop a solution to this problem that I believe will work. I would invite you to visit my website at http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/immigration to acquaint yourself with the immigration reforms I support. As we consider immigration reform proposals in the future, I will continue to promote these policies, but I will oppose any bill that rewards illegal conduct and encourages further disrespect for our laws.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Tel: (202) 224-2934
    Fax: (202) 228-2856
    http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

SENATORS WHO VOTED NO MAY HAVE MISLED US...

AngryTx....this is a duplicate of the above thread. Please go and read the comments.

Cornyn lied.........IF HE HAD GOTTEN HIS AMENDMENT THROUGH, HE WOULD HAVE VOTED YEA.

he also support the SPP or North American Union. he will contribute to the destruction of America given an chance.

Mrs. Hutchinson ...is with him all the way...she does not think for herself
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Beware of Cornyn for he goes both ways (same with Hutchinson).
    Last year he had legislation dealing with the North American Union and ditch it at the last minute when everyone was finding out about it.

Just watch him carefully.

saveourcountry,
    Just last year...his office staffers tried to pretend they didn't know what SPP and NAU was or his involement with it...
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

agreed, trust this guy as far as you can throw him.

he responded correctly to the beating we gave him the last few weeks, but he's not a Jeff Sessions by a long shot.

keep a close watch on Cornyn and Hutchison. they could betray us at any moment.