Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

h47, if any of what I have written resonates with you please act on it and do not give yourself a difficult time for not knowing. I am very close to your mother's age and it has taken me this long to learn what little I know so just forgive yourself and move on OK?

I remember when my MIL had congestive heart failure and kept arguing with me that it was only flu. Due to diabetes complications I ended up sharing what was going on with the pharmacist at the drugstore that I went to for flue medicine. The pharmacist helped me to realize that I needed to take her to the hospital. If I hadn't happened to talk to the pharmacist she would have died. I simply didn't know.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

h47

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    You can also find more good info at the Immigrant Rights Foundation, legal immigrants who oppose illegal immigration, www.immigrantrightsfoundation.org.
    Thank you for the link. I find this following quote from the website to be so very TRUE:

"Illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are foreign intruders"
    Jean Baptiste Truong, Executive Board Member

Yes. Indeed. I couldn't have said it better myself. I mean, that one quote really says it all right there.

Regarding the issue of my mother having mental and other illnesses and needing serious help:

I can see it plain as day. I can see that my mother has mental illness. But the problem is she herself doesn't see it. Therefore, she refuses to seek mental health services.

As for the stress thing, she told me that she tried to get disability a couple of times and was rejected. Well, I told her that of course she was rejected (at first) because this is what the government usually always does to White legal Americans. They keep rejecting in order to wear the people down. But eventualy, if you continue to keep trying, and trying and trying, the government should eventually grant the benefits.
    But my mother has totally given up. She doesn't want to keep trying.
    "Illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are foreign intruders"... Jean Baptiste Truong
    NO amnesty for illegal aliens.
    Arrest and deport illegal aliens back to their own country.

Yes I know these people are extremely difficult. Somehow, some way you need to do it for her. I think it is law now to have an Area Council On Aging and they have social workers that will counsel you on how to get this done. Your tax dollars are paying for it so might as well make use of it. It really hurts to have to do I know. Different states have different laws to address this (talk about patchwork of laws) so you need someone in your state who knows what they are.

she tried to get disability a couple of times and was rejected.
    Speaking from experience with a mentally ill family member you will have to get a lawyer to get her declared disabled. After she is declared disabled you will get her disability pay from the date you first tried. When you do get her declared disabled you or someone you trust can become her Personal Representative and help her pay her bills and spend her money if she isn't able to handle money.

Yes and that is the really cruel thing. It also should be investigated. I think that we have so many homeless mentally ill not just because their funds are so pathetically poor anyway but they aren't blowing the monies they get from Social Security Disability themselves - nope, the administrators are! I don't know how who becomes authorized to administer their funds for them but I do know that they take a huge chunk out of funds that aren't enough to pay rent anywhere anyway. So basically they are taking a huge fee for administering their homelessness. It looks really criminal to me.

Be careful here though. There are many medical problems that mimic mental illness. Thyroid is one of them. Unfortunately the government medical complex of for profit companies made a ruling in the 1970's about what acceptable thyroid numbers are. They don't treat to symptom - they treat to the numbers. This is highly profitable for them because they have been able to create a bunch of new diseases by not acknowledging their causal relationship to the under treated thyroid. This includes everything ranging from mental illness to vision problems to osteoporosis and heart problems just from the thyroid gland. So for some of us, when we talk about healthcare reform, we are talking about this criminality and the fact that if we actually had truth in medicine some of us would no longer be disabled but we could get the treatment we need to be able to go to work again. Social Security disability does not pay enough to be able to get the treatment we need.

It's deep. It requires lots of research but now you know. Because if down the road you find out that your mother was marginalized and labeled inappropriately when she could have had a better rest of her life you might feel kind of bad about it. Hopefully she would consider becoming engaged enough in the process to do some of the medical research herself - then again, she may not be so inclined, or may just be too far gone.

h47

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Speaking from experience with a mentally ill family member you will have to get a lawyer to get her declared disabled.
    She's far from being at the point where I can justify getting a lawyer.

Yes, she throws temper tantrums, can't handle stress and would never be able to show up for work on time....but that isn't enough for me to get a lawyer. Because she IS ABLE to function in other ways.

And even though some of her thinking isn't right, its not so outlandish that a judge is going to order her to be in a straight jacket and locked in a padded cell.
    "Illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are foreign intruders"... Jean Baptiste Truong
    NO amnesty for illegal aliens.
    Arrest and deport illegal aliens back to their own country.

Sarum,

Yes you are right, the constitution applies only to us citizens, but a illegal cannot be given more rights than an American citizen, that is what I am saying, and right now they are being given far more rights than we are.

If that is the case the American citizens must be given at least the same leeway that an illegal immigrant is given, which means if they get to go free for driving with no license, then so should we.

That is what I meant.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Phew! Thanks Chexfive. Yes I see the double standard constantly and in everything. I think most citizens can admit that we see it everywhere not just with illegals and it fuels the rage that seems to very easy to surface for any little thing these days.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567