Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

My NON-Stimulus Check

I called Olympia Snowe's Office to ask why I wasn't getting a stimulus check?

Olympia Snowe's office gave me this number to call.
    Maine Taxpayers Advocate
    622-8528

She asked if I paid income tax. I said I didn't know.
    She said to look on line 57 that says income tax paid. (I have Maine State Retirement and NOT Social Security, because I retired after 25 years...)
    That's just for the 1040, the others have it on another line. You'll have to look for it.
    It says ZERO so I don't get it!!!
    I said what if I paid $1? She said I would get back $1.

She said if I had paid in $600, I would have got $600.
    If I paid in $200 I would have gotten $200.

That's how the law was written.
    If I had a problem with the law that I would have to take it up with the government.

I said, I thought the money came from China?
    She said it came out of taxpayers money.
    I said yes, and that came from China!

I was nice and I didn't want to be.......

The worst part is I fought to have the returning veterans get it. The good old USA wasn't going to give it to them??? Yet they wanted to give it to the damn illegal's? That got stopped. I didn't know about me not getting it then. They amended me right out of the money on 4-11-08! Next year we can put in for it again, if we pay income tax...
    NEXT YEAR!!! I can't get past this lousy year yet!!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WHAT A CROCK OF CRAP!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

I do believe Olympia Snowe's Office is wrong! It is not based on if you paid or Social Security received.

For example my mother dose not get Social Security, or has even paid into it, she gets a Railroad retirement pension, and dose not even file tax. (I don’t fully understand the Railroad pension thing, but it’s a special arrangement of some kind).

But after verifying with the local Fed tax office she dose quitlfy for a check, all she had to do was file a 1040EZ form and only fill it out until it showed her RR pension amount, which was only half way down the form. But she did have to write the word “Stimulusâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator

http://www.irs.gov/app/espc/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="MadInChicago"]I do believe Olympia Snowe's Office is wrong! It is not based on if you paid or Social Security received.

For example my mother dose not get Social Security, or has even paid into it, she gets a Railroad retirement pension, and dose not even file tax. (I don’t fully understand the Railroad pension thing, but it’s a special arrangement of some kind).

But after verifying with the local Fed tax office she dose quitlfy for a check, all she had to do was file a 1040EZ form and only fill it out until it showed her RR pension amount, which was only half way down the form. But she did have to write the word “Stimulusâ€
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

The check's in the mail.

Dixie

I received 2 letters. The first telling me about it then a notice dated May 5, 2008.. This gave the amount and should be deposited by 5/2/08. If you do not receive it within six weeks of this notice please contact us. I know 3 others who got the 2nd letter and none of us have been direct deposited.

I think mine is being held up because my husband died on March 29th and they have flagged his Social Security Number.

Trust me when I say it did not take them long to take his April payment out of our checking account because he died during the previous month. You must live the whole month in order to keep that months payment.