In my opinion...

On Thursday night 3/13/08 as I was watching the Forsyth County Commissioner's briefing on Channel 13, I was pleasantly surprised when one of the commissioners spoke up for the taxpayers of this county. It seems that a black Democrat (Beaufort Bailey) has spoken up against illegal immigration and has suggested that a committee be put together to study and get an accurate accounting of the money spent on illegals.

Then came Gloria Whisenhunt (The board's Chairwoman.) and her little dance called "I don't want to do this." In my opinion, Gloria Whisenhunt will do everything in her power to stop this committee from forming. The only thing that I can figure out is she is scared that us taxpayers will find out how much is really spent on illegals in this county before the election. We know that illegals are entitled to certain rights, such as education (up to the 12th grade) and certain other benefits. But, what is it costing us?
Any commissioner who votes against this committee should be voted out of office.

Contact Commissioner Bailey and show him he has our support and call and/or email the other Commissioner's and let them know how you feel.

Meet the Board
Gloria D. Whisenhunt, Chair
(336) 748-3229

Debra Conrad, Vice Chair
(336) 760-9653

Beaufort O. Bailey
(336) 922-6946

Ted Kaplan
(336) 703-2006

Richard V. Linville
(336) 727-2531

Walter Marshall