Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: My short and sweet impressions of the Republican Debate

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Ron Paul did well and was able to contrast himself distinctly from the other three.

Huckabee did well but didn't offer anything really memorable.

Romney did well and looked so much more presidential than the troll-looking McCain. Of course, that is said with much distain because I can't stand McCain.

McCain was making faces and smirks and acting arrogant throughout. Basically acting like a jerk, I thought.
    I agree. McCain is an arrogant jerk. He will lead this country in the same direction as Bush. While I agree with most of what Ron Paul said, I have to agree that Romney looks and acts very presidential.

The more I hear Romney talk about his plans for Iraq the more I like what I hear. We should not have gone there but the honorable thing to do at this point is clean up the mess we made.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    I

If we had a little more time before Super Tuesday, I think we could persuade more voters of his unsuitability for office. That said, if he wins the nomination, the Democrats will make hamburger out of him come summer.

You're right about needing more time before Super Tuesday, Saki.

It just seems to me that this whole primary process as been a rush job to catch voters off guard and unprepared. The holidays were here, and the next thing you know we've got Iowa, NH. SC, FLA and SuperTuesday ...all wrapped up!

Everyone seems to be asking the same question...how did we end up with such a motley crew of candidates! Is this the best our country can do????
    It's a choice between leprosy and cancer...and I really don't want either one! I keep thinking of that old Peggy Lee ditty.."Is this all there is, my friend"....

Once again I found it to be a joke. First Anderson allowed too much time to be wasted on bickering and on one question. Second if they did not want Huckabee and Paul there then they should not have invited them rather than make fools out of them. And finally I was comepletly turned off by McCain and his sinister smirking as well as his robotic answers.

Banned
    For the time they did get I thought Ron Paul did well , and even
    though I hate to say it , so did Huck

At this point though it is McClown and Romney

I applaud Paul and his supporters for hanging in there
    Also its time for Huck to go away

But we need to clear the road and get down to
    serious business now

For me, Body language speaks volumes, the chairs were ridiculous,
    perhaps intended to put Romney's tall stature at a disadvantage,
    did not work.

Mc Cain looked childish, Romney appeared energetic and forceful, dashing for a better word.

I thought it looked funny when RP sat up to chide Mc Cain and Romney,
    he always sits with his knees tight together and his butt sticks out.

Prior to the debate when Rudy gave his support for Mc Clown's.. speech,
    Mc Clown kept twisting his wedding ring and hands, Rudy looked extremly Nervous and several times looked back and down at Rudy's
    twitching hands, sense there is something deep and dark about those two's body language.[/b]
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234