Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who really gives a damn what NAACP, LaRaza, Jesse Jackson, Farrakan, Rev Wright, or Sharpton say or think? NOT I!

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    azwreath, I think Obama is doing what many corporate execs do: ignore a problem long enough and it goes away eventually. I think it would be unwise of him to give any credence to these allegations by responding in any way. By devoting any time to the argument of the birthers, the rest of the world will see he is weak.
    Cowboy politics won't be used by this administration, rather it will be meetings with Russians about the subs, the Chinese about a whole lot of things, and on and on. It won't be announcing from the pulpit that if you do what we don't like, we will blow you up. They all know we can, but we don't need to shove it in their faces repeatedly. Honey draws a lot more flies than a baseball bat.

Sorry V, but you and I disagree on this.

For one......obama is not a corporate president. And, quite frankly, most corporations, when they value their base, do not ignore problems hoping they will just go away.

Secondly, he had no problem sticking his face into an issue which was of absolutely no concern of his when he spoke publicly about the Gates/Crowley matter, and accused not only a police officer of racism, but used his position as a platform from which to accuse LE in general of racist activities in this country.

However, he cannot stand publicly and decry a full out assault on Constitutional rights? Remind those engaging in this that we do not have to agree with what someone says but that they are guaranteed the right to say it?

Remember his big flowery speech over the Gates/Crowley affair......the one about allowing cooler heads to prevail? Where are those same words now?

Remember the infamous Lexicon concerning rightwing extremists wherein those not in agreement with obama and his policies were labeled as interfering with the president's ability to do his job? Yet, nothing from him about those interfering with Lou's ability to do his job?

Where's his invite to Lou to sit down and have a beer......maybe to thank Lou for taking his part in saying that he happens to believe that obama WAS born in Hawaii?

obama can handle this without ever mentioning the controversy because this is NOT over the birth certificate. This is about Constitutional rights and those, who would love nothing more than to see those rights extended only to THEM,. trying to shut someone else up. Today it's Lou Dobbs, but what happens tomorrow when it's you V? Or any of us?

As for the "cowboy politcis" being used by this administration....maybe you'd like to point out where Chicago Thug politics is so much more palatable to you because, quite frankly, I'm not seeing it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

azwreath, I think Obama is doing what many corporate execs do: ignore a problem long enough and it goes away eventually. I think it would be unwise of him to give any credence to these allegations by responding in any way. By devoting any time to the argument of the birthers, the rest of the world will see he is weak
    1." I think Obama is doing what many corporate execs do: ignore a problem long enough and it goes away eventually". Yep. Sure worked for GM and Chrysler. and AIG. And Bank of America. There operations failed, we taxpayers picked up the tab, and the execs got bonuses. Right on BO. Emulate them some more.

2. "I think it would be unwise of him to give any credence to these allegations by responding in any way." Yep. Of courese spending millions of dollars to hide the birth certificate and his other records is perfectly normal. Doesn't give any credence to the issue at all. Nosirrebob.

3. "By devoting any time to the argument of the birthers, the rest of the world will see he is weak". Absolutely. No way the world sees him as weak any other way. Why, only a real man can stand up and grovel at the same time while he apologizes for the one country without which most of those other countries would not be here (at least in their present form).
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

MW
    William wrote:

I just watched a DVR of Lou's show from last night. No mention of illegal immigration. Is Lou still covering illegal immigration like he used to?

If not, that would be a reason for a ratings drop.
    No he isn't. The reduced coverage on the issue of illegal immigration is why I'm no longer a regular viewer of the show.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    Who really gives a damn what NAACP, LaRaza, Jesse Jackson, Farrakan, Rev Wright, or Sharpton say or think? NOT I!
    ACORN people do ........... I bet.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Wow! Should have punched into the thread earlier. I had no idea I was so quotable!
    After today, I seriously have the idea that the major issues are being shoved aside, at least on the net: we are in two wars, three Americans are still being held hostage in Iran, North Korea and Iran are going nuclear, we have Russian subs off of the east coast o the US, the security of the US dollar is being questioned by the Russians and Chinese, our housing market and commercial property markets have collapsed, people are still losing jobs, those that are working and still in their homes are underwater in their mortgages (home worth less than what you owe), people are living in tents under bridges, credit card defaults are rising, businesses are closing, illegals are changing our country with help from their supporters while we lose even the most menial jobs to them and visa holders that never go home, while the same time our dear American companies are becoming global by offshoring everything they can, Mexico's war is spilling over the borders and terrorists are sliding in here daily, our youngsters are exposed to bilingual education and religious teachings a parent may not agree with, taxes keep going up as the tax base erodes, we give foreign aid to anyone that breathes and fund pork projects for building museums for teapots, Congress just approved three new military planes ($200 million) for the exclusive use of lawmakers and top brass to be based around DC, a good part of the world hates us and wants to wipe us off the planet, others parts want to get rid of the pesky Americans but not destroy what we have built up...
    Lou, Rush and Keith Olberman are freedom of speech, that which we must defend. And for organizations to attack Lou to shut him up, we better be giving a hoot about what LaRaza and NAACP says.
    For Obama to get involved in any of this projected by the birthers, attackers of Lou or rumors about euthanizing seniors in the healthcare bill would be absolute foolishness. He deals daily with all kinds of things and I am happy he has not gotten into the fray. His got screwed up with the Crowly/Gates comment.
    But this ain't about Obama. This is about protecting free speech!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123