Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NATIONAL CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION PUSH NOW UNDERWAY!!

A serious effort is now underway to call for a National Constitutional Convention as authorized under Article V of the Constitution. The ultimate aim of this Convention, as envisioned, will be the dismantlement of the federal government in its present configuration, and then reassemblement at the regional level. In essence, 10(# flexible) independent republics(state borders intact), EACH WITH THE CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS AS THE BASIS OF THEIR NEW GOVERNMENTS. Liken this to the breakup of AT&T into the baby bells some years back. This action has become necessary to diffuse the power of the largely self-serving globalist oligarchy which has hijacked our federal government, bringing this country to the verge of economic and social ruin, while GREATLY compromising our national security. It's time for AUTONOMOUS REGIONAL GOVERNMENT!! See link below for more info(message # 805 is draft proposal which is currently being circulated to SELECT state legislators nationwide):

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NationalC ... nvention06
    Extremism in the defense of freedom is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Very Interesting. I wonder if your Average Citizen could wrap there mind around something like this? Or are we possibly decades away.

Banned
    If you think about it this could be the actual Balkinization
    of the country

I don't think the average person will go for it. I am also fairly certain that it has NO CHANCE AT ALL of getting any votes in congress. I am a little rusty on the rules for Constitutional Conventions, but I know they need a super-majority for constitutional amendments.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There was recently a National Constitutional Convention symposium in Washington D.C. sponsored by the Center for Politics(Larry Sabato----see youtube for videos), Iowa patriot. Sabato is of the opinion that a Convention is "a generation away." There were some high profile political attendees, but mostly status quo types. Anyway, back in the mid-90's, we came close to a Convention as there was a push for a balanced budget amendment. When Congress saw that the states were 1 state short of having the required number(34) to call for a Convention, they quickly acted. A number of governors were also pushing for a "Conference of the States" over unfunded mandates. The mistake that was made was in not following Article V. Personally, I believe that would have been the best time to have a Convention, although given the good economy(at least on the surfact), it more than likely would not have come about. That said, the time is definitely NOW I believe.
    Extremism in the defense of freedom is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Balkanization is a subject that frequently comes up. Personally I think we already live in a country that is SIGNIFICANTLY diverse from region to region. That said, however, the regions under my plan would be in a position where they would HAVE to cooperate with one another for economic survival. Hence, I don't see the possibilities of one region picking a fight with another as many suggest. The reality is that we are too big and too diverse to continue to be ruled out of Washington D.C. Do you think a bureaucrat in D.C. who more likely than not does not reside in your region, should have the final say with respect to projects in your area? It's all common sense.
    Also, a good book to read, Breach of Trust:How Washington D.C. Resists Reform and Makes Outsiders Insiders by CURRENT Oklahoma Senator Dr. Tom Coburn.

We've got enough of a challenge on our hands trying to get the US Congress to stop the IA invasion wave. This idea belongs on some lunatic fringe website.....One question: Who gets the nukes?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The thing about a Constitutional Convention, cayla, is that it bypasses the Congress. The Founders included this provision in Article V because they envisioned a time such as ours when excessively greedy interests would hijack our federal government. The driving force for a Convention is the state legislatures/legislators.

Quote Originally Posted by eric1
    The thing about a Constitutional Convention, cayla, is that it bypasses the Congress. The Founders included this provision in Article V because they envisioned a time such as ours when excessively greedy interests would hijack our federal government. The driving force for a Convention is the state legislatures/legislators.
    Thank you for the education.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It also could be THE ONLY WAY for the PEOPLE to get a voice BACK into thier future. The ONLY way to keep Judges from MAKING LAWS instead of INTERPRETING LAWS.
    Maybe it is the ONLY WAY to keep the CFR OUT OF OUR GOVT. BUSINESS.
    The ONLY WAY to give our MIDDLE CLASS thier JOBS BACK.
    Our Govt. is in the TOILET...And MAYBE, JUST MAYBE...This is THE ONLY WAY we, THE PEOPLE can save our Nation.
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast