Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Most states are just as F'd up , if not more than the Feds.

Would you want Arnold, or the Bushes....Calif., Florida, Texas, New York, Washington, running this country?? The hispanics would really be able to take over, but damn fast.

It is just a way to divide and conquer. The less strong, would really be railroade.

This thread is stupid.

This is what is wrong now, Bush and his buds not following the Constitution.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Well first of all, I believe Senator McConnell should proceed with his Constitutional Convention proposal. His resolution makes it perfectly clear that a Convention, if called, would deal EXCLUSIVELY with the illegal immigration issue.
    However, it is very clear that we are now in a very severe economic crisis. Executive orders are already on the books(see post 805 at my group-- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NationalC ... nvention06 )
    that could impose martial law if the economic crisis is severe enough). The question is, if martial law does become a reality, do you want the current government to be administering it? Check out how your stock market did today, if you don't believe me.

As per Constitutional Convention issues, some individuals have advocated focusing on past Convention applications. This is a very big mistake. Those applications were made to Congresses that are no longer in existence by state legislatures no longer in existence. In short, they would more than probably be challenged in court and with good reason in my view.
    Additionally, the Founders erred greatly in that they have Congress calling for a Convention after the states vote to have one, and in specifying how the states should vote on any amendments coming out of a Convention. The short of it though is that if the legislatures vote to have a Convention, Congress is obligated to call one and would be very foolish if they decided to thwart the people/state legislatures(Remember V for Vendetta?)
    Anyway, another point I want to make is that thinking small yields small results . . . and thinking BIG can bring about GRAND results. I think we have entered time when we very much need to get the BIG PICTURE . . . and fast.
    Extremism in the defense of freedom is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

Linda, I live in Southern California. Current demographic trends indicate that hispanics are going to have increasing political reality. I continually here people say, we have to FORCE the administration to obey the Constitution. There's an old saying, he who owns the gold makes the rules. My plan addresses the root of the problem. The Federal Reserve is also regionalized which is also a necessity if our nation is to survive. It's already past late. Read Day of Reckoning by Pat Buchanan.
    Extremism in the defense of freedom is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.

United We Stand?

There's another saying SOSAD, "the bigger they are, the HARDER they fall." My proposal represents damage control. And again, the CONSTITUTION AND BILL OF RIGHTS WILL FORM THE BASIS OF EACH REGIONAL GOVERNMENT.

Eric1 I respect your opinion yet I know we need to approach our problems rationally and try to elect those who support the citizens now that we are aware of the problems facing us.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

If you read Larry Sabato, he proposes to "moderize" the Constitution. Sabato is a liberal democrat if that says anything.

Thanks U.S. Patriot. I believe as the economy worsens and more people see the handwriting on the wall, they will be more receptive to my view. And if not, they still have McConnell's proposal.

xyz
    Eric
    I don't think people are going to adopt any proposal to split the Union..even in hard economic times..
    This is One Nation Under God and there isn't any reason to split the US into regions..
    I can't see the point of this proposal except divide and conquer

I'm not so sure we will remain as stong a nation. I also know there are several states talking of secedeing from the nation.

There are several options out there and if we don't get this government fixed soon i'd say anything might happen, people are fed up.

I'm just not willing to stop fighting for it so soon, people are just beginning to wake up.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

It amazes me, with all the talk about govt and it's power and how people want the govt off their backs, that people still vote for a liberal........people who LOVE govt., who love control and regulations and taxes.......who would love to control your home heating thermostat (being proposed in CA) and who want people forever beholden to the govt. People who love to "ban" things on the basis of "perception" rather than reality. The Republicans are destroying the party by trying to woo democrats and thereby compromising their principles. McCain presidency would destroy the party and the dems know it and that's why they are so behind him in the msm.

As a former liberal, let me say it's the "progressive" democrats I speak of ......there are a number of good "blue dog" dems who have helped us along the way. The democrat party has gone way far left and doesn't resemble the party of RFK.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast