Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Nativist, the New Word for Racist

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Nativist, the New Word for Racist

Nativist, the New Word for Racist

Posted on Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 at 2:10 pm.
    by: Suzanne Reisig Olden

Oh come on, you knew it was coming. I’m just shocked it took this long. A US Representative finally pulled out the race card in the immigration debacle happening on our southern border. But this genius has started a new name for it: Nativist. You see, those of us native born Americans who don’t want to be overrun with the offspring of people from other countries, sent alone, often sick, sometimes aligned with drug gangs or worse, we’re “nativists” who hate all immigrants!
    The race card baiter is Representative Linda Sanchez (D-CA). She is toeing the “don’t ask for status” line by insisting that “each one of these cases needs to be evaluated. They need to have due process,” and that they need to be reunited with their parents who are here illegally. First, citizens have a right to due process, not illegals. As for reuniting them with their families, great! Then deport the whole lot of them!
    But no, she goes on to say “I might add that a big problem with why these children are coming too is because their parents have been here. And if we were able to pass comprehensive immigration reform — something that a majority of Americans, regardless of political party, believe in — that many of these children would qualify to be reunited with their parents, and their parents could come out of the shadows and get on a pathway toward citizenship.”
    Linda, bless your heart! No, the majority of Americans aren’t in favor of blanket amnesty. In fact, the majority of Americans want our laws regarding immigration to be ENFORCED, followed and respected. Something that illegals DON’T DO! Many of us remember what blanket amnesty given in 1986 did to the numbers of illegals who came here: exponentially multiplied them to the epic proportions we have now.
    To be crystal clear, I am in favor of immigration – LEGAL IMMIGRATION. I’m not “isolationist” nor “nativist.” What I, and most of the rest of America is tired of hearing is how we need to let those who are by definition criminals stay and enjoy the benefits of citizenship without doing the work that every other LEGAL immigrant had to do. Many legal immigrants are really ticked off at this situation. Why did they spend years and dollars to do the right thing?
    Ms. Sanchez also called the current crisis “unconscionable” but only in how Republicans are handling it…i.e. by not handing over a blank check. No, what is unconscionable is that liberals are demanding that this continue, and that we the taxpayer continue to foot the bill. Not to mention that their “fix” for the millions who come here illegally is to hand over more cash to the countries who sent them. They refuse to tighten their own borders and fix their own problems.
    Sorry, we have enough here. The time has come for the US to say “the bank is closed, the handouts are over” to any country that 1) actively works to destroy us; 2) actively supports other countries that want to destroy us; 3) refuse to do anything to help themselves; and 4) refuses to stop encouraging their people to flood our borders.
    That’s not being “nativist” or racist, that’s protecting our citizens first, which is our first responsibility.

http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/i...w-word-racist/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't care what you call me, I just want them all outta my country.

Is this a racist attack? Why do liberals think that they can get away with their clever little "code" words.
    Rep. Sanchez: 'Nativist, Isolationist Voices' Are Saying, 'Send Them All Back'

July 15, 2014 - 5:22 AM

By Susan Jones

Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.) (AP File Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - A new "N-word" -- "nativist" -- has made its way into the immigration debate.

Americans who want the influx of Central American children returned to their homes are "nativist" and "isolationist," says Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-Calif.), a member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.

"As the United States, as a world leader, we are very good about telling other countries that they must accept refugees from Syria or Ethiopia or Darfur, but when it comes to a humanitarian crisis on our own border -- involving children, no less -- you hear this nativist, isolationist voices saying that, oh, just ship them all back, send them all back," Sanchez told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell on Monday.
    "And what's clear is that each one of these cases needs to be evaluated. They need to have due process."

The Central American children also need to be reunited with their parents who are in the United States illegally, Sanchez insisted:
    "I might add that a big problem with why these children are coming too is because their parents have been here. And if we were able to pass comprehensive immigration reform -- something that a majority of Americans, regardless of political party, believe in -- that many of these children would qualify to be reunited with their parents, and their parents could come out of the shadows and get on a pathway toward citizenship."

Sanchez criticized Republicans for objecting to President Obama's $3.7 billion request to address the illegal immigration crisis on the Southwest border. Some of the money would be used to hire more immigration lawyers and judges.

"[C]hoking the funding to allow that process to go forward isn't going to expedite the removal of anybody," she said. "We need to fund the president's request to try to help process these children, find out who does qualify for refugee status or asylum and try to connect these children with their parents."

She said the current crisis has been "bubbling up for a long time." And now Republicans are "screaming with their hands up and their hair on fire that something needs to be done, while they continue to sit on their hands and do nothing. And it's unconscionable."
    Sanchez said the only way to stop the flow of illegal aliens is for the United States to help stabilize the Central American countries from which the children are coming.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/rep-sanchez-nativist-isolationist-voices-are-saying-send-them-all-back?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Marketing&utm_ term=Facebook&utm_content=Facebook&utm_campaign=N-Sanchez-Nativest-Voices

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    Sanchez criticized Republicans for objecting to President Obama's $3.7 billion request to address the illegal immigration crisis on the Southwest border. Some of the money would be used to hire more immigration lawyers and judges.
    There is no humanitarian crisis. This is just another example of the rich in nearby countries dumping their poor people on us. Blanco (the upper class in Mexico) has been getting away with this for decades. And to be fair to the newest rich to dump their poor people on us, they are being encouraged in their dumping by a president for whom the opportunity to thumb his nose at Americans on a grand scale is just irresistable.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

HT. Eric Odom.

Whenever an Hispanic calls me nativist, I consider that a compliment. they just acknowledged their inability to debate civilly. It is what people losing an argument do, resort to name calling!