Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Natl. Guard trickles in to Arizona

I think it was about a week ago that ABC News reported that National Guard troops were finally going to the Arizona boarder.

But ... don't get all excited.

According to ABC, "the deployment of about 1,200 National Guard troops along the southwest border has begun to unfold in a move the White House says shows it means business when it comes to border security.

But anyone expecting to see a phalanx of U.S. soldiers standing guard along the 2,000-mile stretch with Mexico will be sorely disappointed. The troops aren't expected to be in place until early September and, when they are, will largely remain unseen in support roles.

"There is a misunderstanding about what deployment means," said Border Patrol Agent Mario Escalante of Arizona's Tucson sector. "It's starting to unfold; we've gotten several people in, we're starting to look at what we have and where we might need them [more troops]."
    ----------------------------------------------
    I spite of what ABC said, it is important to note that the so-called authorization by Obama was last May! As some of you may recall the breakdown went like this: 524 troops to Arizona, 250 to Texas, 224 to California and 72 to New Mexico. More than 100 additional troops from the border states were to serve in command and control positions.

I hope that now that this plan is finally underway it will do some good -- but just between you and me I am not buying any green bananas.

Re: Natl. Guard trickles in to Arizona

[quote="CitizenBob"]I think it was about a week ago that ABC News reported that National Guard troops were finally going to the Arizona boarder.

But ... don't get all excited.

According to ABC, "the deployment of about 1,200 National Guard troops along the southwest border has begun to unfold in a move the White House says shows it means business when it comes to border security.

But anyone expecting to see a phalanx of U.S. soldiers standing guard along the 2,000-mile stretch with Mexico will be sorely disappointed. The troops aren't expected to be in place until early September and, when they are, will largely remain unseen in support roles.

"There is a misunderstanding about what deployment means," said Border Patrol Agent Mario Escalante of Arizona's Tucson sector. "It's starting to unfold; we've gotten several people in, we're starting to look at what we have and where we might need them [more troops]."
    ----------------------------------------------
    I spite of what ABC said, it is important to note that the so-called authorization by Obama was last May! As some of you may recall the breakdown went like this: 524 troops to Arizona, 250 to Texas, 224 to California and 72 to New Mexico. More than 100 additional troops from the border states were to serve in command and control positions.

I hope that now that this plan is finally underway it will do some good -- but just between you and me I am not buying any green bananas.[/quote
    that a good one
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sending the National Guard to the border is a waste of taxpayer money ant time since it is nothing more than a political move especially in light of the fact these troops will not be armed or be able to enforce our immigration laws. They will not be stopping anyone at all coming across our southern border. All smoke and mirrors. So what possible deterent could their presence possibly offer?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    So , Who cares?

They are doing nothing , they are worthless

The duties they have on the border are worthless , they mean nothing

Send 10k troops , locked and loaded with orders to stop all intruders

THEN ITS SERIOUS

This farce is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    So , Who cares?

They are doing nothing , they are worthless

The duties they have on the border are worthless , they mean nothing

Send 10k troops , locked and loaded with orders to stop all intruders

THEN ITS SERIOUS

This farce is a joke
    I rest my case.

Banned
    It was a joke when Bush sent 6k

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    Sending the National Guard to the border is a waste of taxpayer money ant time since it is nothing more than a political move especially in light of the fact these troops will not be armed or be able to enforce our immigration laws. They will not be stopping anyone at all coming across our southern border. All smoke and mirrors. So what possible deterent could their presence possibly offer?
    Unfortunately, their presence was never intended to act as a "deterrent" against illegal invaders or anything else crossing that border that shouldn't be.

They were dispatched by this administration in order to make it appear as if they are securing the border, the first step before they can then demand their amnesty!

It's simply a ploy and a scam being perpetrated upon the American by this administration, so they can say they have secured the border when they are ramming amnesty down our throats!

All they are going to do is watch and report.

"Their duties will include surveillance, intelligence gathering and assessment, and support. "

http://www.examiner.com/x-51470-Midland ... n-expected

They are Guard and in this case all they are allowed to do is guard, not defend the US against invasion, not close the border. I suppose that the intelligence gathering will include permitting the cartels to do business as usual and merely reporting it not stopping it. I guess the National Guard is only allowed to actually use their guns when they are deployed to other nations - something I have never understood.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    All they are going to do is watch and report.

"Their duties will include surveillance, intelligence gathering and assessment, and support. "

http://www.examiner.com/x-51470-Midland ... n-expected

They are Guard and in this case all they are allowed to do is guard, not defend the US against invasion, not close the border. I suppose that the intelligence gathering will include permitting the cartels to do business as usual and merely reporting it not stopping it. I guess the National Guard is only allowed to actually use their guns when they are deployed to other nations - something I have never understood.
    DESK JOBS

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    DESK JOBS
    Bet there will be a lot of "Public Information" types?

[I should know -- that was my job during my year in Southeast Asia back in the day.]

By the way ... I am not much for being into conspiracies but does anyone out there think that the cavalry arriving in Arizona at this moment in time has anything to do with helping John McCain in his battle with Hayworth?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast