Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NCT COMMENTARY : By TINA JILLINGS

Immigration reform sorely needed

By: TINA JILLINGS - Commentary

Immigration means to come into a foreign country and take up residence. One little word changes the entire meaning of this action: illegal.

I am appalled by the current antics of the San Diego Minutemen. The article in the North County Times on Sunday regarding their latest victim, St. Peter's Church in Fallbrook, makes it clear that we are in need of compassionate, fair, humane, dignified immigration reform now. The current tactics of this extremist group once again show the blatant disregard or disrespect for anyone who does not agree with their position. Our elected officials have not done their jobs in this area, and I find this to be a huge disappointment. Unfortunately, because of this, we have presumably good people doing and saying some awful things.

However, I believe that the means never justify the ends. The late and great civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. said, "One of the great debates of history has been over the whole question of ends and means; there have been those that argue that the end justifies the means, and in the long run of history, destructive means cannot bring about constructive ends."

We can't forget that we are talking about human beings, not, as some have stated in this newspaper, "rats," "roaches," "criminals" "anchor babies." I believe the latter is a reference to children born here in the United States. I think a more appropriate phrase is "American citizen," which is what they are according to our U.S. Constitution. They are Americans! I do understand if one can make others believe that a person or persons are less than human it is easier to persecute that person or persons. It makes it more palatable to demean others.

I have read where some wish to compare our immigration policies with other countries. The United States is the most powerful and prosperous nation in the world. It is ridiculous to try to compare us with, or suggest that we adopt immigration policy from, countries that we denounce as the Third World. Those countries should be striving to be more like us, not us like them.

The United States is a great nation and it was made that way by immigrants. We are a diverse nation with the flavor and color of many different cultures. I embrace all people and enjoy the diversity and contribution each person adds. I am proud to be an American, but I am afraid that the America I know and love is being destroyed by hate, intolerance and indifference. The America I grew up in allowed for dreams to come true, hard work to equal prosperity and success, the land of Golden Opportunity. That is not true any longer and it is because of the minority among us who, as Voltaire said, if you can make people believe absurdities you can make them commit atrocities. I have witnessed some atrocities!

Please call your legislators and ask them to bring back the American way. Please give me back my country.

Vista resident Tina Jillings is a former City Council candidate and member of the Vista-based Coalition for Justice, Peace and Dignity, an organization that lobbies for fair treatment of Latinos and day laborers.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/07 ... ogcomments

DEPORT ALL ILLEGALS IMMEDIATELY. IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW THEY GOT HERE OR WHAT THEIR STORY IS. THEY ARE HERE ILLEGALLY AND ARE CITIZENS OF OTHER COUNTRIES. THOSE GOVERNMENTS IN THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WELL BEING OF THEIR OWN CITIZENS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Immigration means to come into a foreign country and take up residence. One little word changes the entire meaning of this action: illegal.
    You were doing very well in your article to this point. Then you went off into an idiotic rant trying to justify an illegal invasion by pointing at good folks that know better. The end of our country will never justify the means of those who attempt to steal a "better life."
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, give us back our country. All illegals must go, you sneaked in, you took advantage and we will conquer criminals.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Vista resident Tina Jillings is a former City Council candidate and member of the Vista-based Coalition for Justice, Peace and Dignity, an organization that lobbies for fair treatment of Latinos and day laborers.
    She's an idiot. I hope an illegal alien poops on her lettuce and she gets a nasty case of E-coli for a few days.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Take your kids with you and don't let the door hit you the butt on your way out.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Another whinny person who believes her way is the only way instead of looking at the evidence of the chaos and anarchy that is taking place in this country, she must live in a bubble.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WE NEED LOTS OF HELP HERE ALIPAC TEAM, PLEASE GET INVOLVED AND HELP OUT!! CHECK ALL THE LINKS BELOW AND PICK ONE OR MORE OF THE PROJECTS YOU CAN HELP WITH, !! WE HAVEN'T GOT OUR COUNTRY BACK YET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    fedupinwaukegan needs help check out this link!!If you are anywhere near the conference great time to meet William from ALIPAC
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68140
    National Organization Announces 'Shop in Waukegan Day' to Counter Illegal Alien Boycott
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73007
    ALIPAC needs donations to stay afloat and in the fight Please give what you can!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    NEW BLITZ....GET INVOLVED...PLEASE!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 564#418564
    DIXIE NEEDS HELP ON A PROJECT FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS TIME!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=73375
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)