Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need comments

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Need comments

Hey all this is a little fued going on in the comment section of my local papers web site.feel free to join in if you want no account creation needed some fun on a boring day lol.

edited link due to possible issues caused from it.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

I just clicked this link. Suddenly my browser opened a bunch of the same webpage in several windows, plus filling up my tabbed borwsing with the same page. I had to fight to keep my task manager up long enough to kill the browser process. What gives???
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Sounds like malware or a virus.

Close down your browser(s) - even <ctrl>+<alt>+<del> to get the taskmanager to appear, and then kill the browser app. by choosing 'End Task' option. (assuming you have Windows here.)

Long-term, consider changing to Firefox or a browser other than MS IntExplorer.

Be sure to scan for viruses and spyware/adware and keep your definitions up to data.

HTH
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTurtle
    I just clicked this link. Suddenly my browser opened a bunch of the same webpage in several windows, plus filling up my tabbed borwsing with the same page. I had to fight to keep my task manager up long enough to kill the browser process. What gives???

PhredE gave some good advice. Whatever you do, keep on top of what your security system is doing and scan......frequently!!!

For quite awhile now I have had issues with my security system turning off "all by itself" and, just within the past two weeks my system has been working overtime blocking repeated malicious attacks. Some have occured right after clicking on links to different articles or comment sections as well.

Also, and this was a bit disturbing to say the least, my two older children who have myspace profiles, both received personal messages in their mailboxes which stated, very simply, "you have been named an enemy of aztlan" The profile for the username sending the message had been deleted, but of course that would be typical of the freaking cowards.

I'm now scanning my system 3x daily just to make sure everything is okay....you just can't be too careful.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTurtle
    sorry Sea Turtle I do not know what could be going on I have had that happen to me in this past and have had to manualy shut down my PC. Again sorry for any problem you had from this link.

Justonehero, I wasn't thinking you posted a malicious link

Just couldn't figure out what was happening.

I did Ctrl Alt Del to get my task manager, and I mostly use Firefox as my browser. Just happened to be on IE on my daughter's computer when this happened.

No biggie ..

Thanks everyone
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Justonehero, you might want to edit your first post and remove that link before it does somebody damage. The other url you posted (on the librarian story) came up empty for me as well as another poster. I was able to find it though and posted the correct link to the poll you were asking us to vote on. Do you think there is something wrong with your comp? If you have any doubt, I would not post any more URLs until you know for sure. Just some friendly suggestions.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Justonehero, you might want to edit your first post and remove that link before it does somebody damage. The other url you posted (on the librarian story) came up empty for me as well as another poster. I was able to find it though and posted the correct link to the poll you were asking us to vote on. Do you think there is something wrong with your comp? If you have any doubt, I would not post any more URLs until you know for sure. Just some friendly suggestions.
    Hmm I have ran spybot and avg a few times since I posted this plus deleted all temp files etc... I am not having any problem from these 2 links but edited them to be on the safe side.

.. computer are no fun ... when they act up .... Behave computers for us at ALIPAC

Quote Originally Posted by Justonehero
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    Hmm I have ran spybot and avg a few times since I posted this plus deleted all temp files etc... I am not having any problem from these 2 links but edited them to be on the safe side.
    Justonehero, I am not a comp expert; I just try to use my common sense. Ok, now I'm thinking that you are giving us urls to sites THAT YOU ARE REGISTERED IN. Maybe that is the prob. You are registered, but we aren't. It does make sense, no?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast