Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Needed: Followup On Worksite Enforcement

The most often repeated lie about illegals is that they do jobs that Americans won't do.

We get a lot of info on ALIPAC re worksite raids. What we don't get is followup info re those jobs being filled by Americans and legal residents. That info is apparantly not worthy of the media's attention. If we can get this info, it would be a powerful weapon in our campaign for getting Americans employed and reemployed.

Our teens, our students, our adults in their prime earning years, and seniors are all impacted by illegals. Somehow we have to obtain info about Americans and legal residents filling jobs which become open when illegals are booted.

Maybe the site owner has the resources to obtain this info?
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

One of the contributors, Stevetheroofer, just posted this morning a story of his son being called back to a company that had previously turned his job over to an illegal alien.

Perhaps ALIPAC should put out a press release asking Americans to send in their stories. We might be able to get FOX News to report stories. More people watch that than the MSM these days.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Actually there have been no worksite raids to speak of for a couple years

Dumbomba thinks that just checking work docs and firing the workers is the answer

Well , its a good thing to say the least that at least he is doing that but it doesn't solve the problem , Workers using false docs just get fired , they do not get arrested , they just walk down the street and get a new job with fake docs where they will be safe until that company gets checked, if they ever do.

Raids have to part of the deal , Also the catch and release from the old school raids needs to go away , you catch them , you deport them asap

My argument regarding the jobs Americans won't do take me to the immigration process. Years ago there were quotas by country of application. That has changed. The United States now has a point based system which include points for education, income, career, etc. These so called people doing jobs Americans won't cannot come here legally as the points they would get would not qualify them. To me that indicates that we have people here that can and will do those jobs. The only quotas there are is for the greencard lottery and even with that many countries do not qualify.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chipotle recently fired a good number of illegals. Surely, the were replaced by citizens and legal immigrants.

In my condo complex we had Americans of various ethnicity and races working on the 40 year recertification. The project went over budget and many of the former workers were let go and have been replaced by what appears to be illegals. The hispanic on my floor who has no problems with hiring them has become involved with it and speaks to them in Spanish. He has tried to get the condo to bring people he can get at the Home Depot parking lot to do some work around the complex but the condo management would not go for it. The cleaning and maintenance people are mostly illegals but they work for a company called ASI. I have called ICE on ASI as have others I know and some of the employees were picked up as we don't see them anymore and some of the ones still here mentioned it. Their replacements are definitely not all legal residents or American citizens.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    My argument regarding the jobs Americans won't do take me to the immigration process. Years ago there were quotas by country of application. That has changed. The United States now has a point based system which include points for education, income, career, etc. These so called people doing jobs Americans won't cannot come here legally as the points they would get would not qualify them. To me that indicates that we have people here that can and will do those jobs. The only quotas there are is for the greencard lottery and even with that many countries do not qualify.
    The only job that could even be argued that Americans won't do is farm work and picking. All these other jobs Americans will do beyond a doubt and all of the other jobs pay fair enough wages on a general basis for American workers.

Far as farm work and picking goes the problem is a few part story. First noone knows where these jobs are, they don't see them posted, they don't know about if these farm or picker jobs come with temporary housing and food since they do generally require you to pack up and move for it being a seasonal job. Further more these are low wage jobs and when we have the low wage class sitting back collecting welfare we deplete our own labor pool that should be doing these low wage jobs. In the past we'd send the uneducated failures of society to do these jobs because its how they could afford to eat. However now we send those failures to the welfare office to pop out more babies and get higher free benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Syanis
    The only job that could even be argued that Americans won't do is farm work and picking. All these other jobs Americans will do beyond a doubt and all of the other jobs pay fair enough wages on a general basis for American workers.

Far as farm work and picking goes the problem is a few part story. First noone knows where these jobs are, they don't see them posted, they don't know about if these farm or picker jobs come with temporary housing and food since they do generally require you to pack up and move for it being a seasonal job. Further more these are low wage jobs and when we have the low wage class sitting back collecting welfare we deplete our own labor pool that should be doing these low wage jobs. In the past we'd send the uneducated failures of society to do these jobs because its how they could afford to eat. However now we send those failures to the welfare office to pop out more babies and get higher free benefits.
    The farmers can bring people in to harvest crops on visas. Canada has a deal with several countries to allow people to come in on visas to do farm work. The workers are paid decently and treated well. When their visa expires they have to leave. If they are still found illegally in the country and it starts becoming a problem people from that country will not be allowed to come at all. The workers leave as they know they can come back next year. We could do the same but the farmers prefer their slave labor.
    As for welfare they need to make it harder for people to get it and stay on it. There are too many generations of welfare recipients.

To me that indicates that we have people here that can and will do those jobs.
    Agreed - and partially because I and my buds did a lot of them and the adults used them as fall back jobs. Nowadays seniors would also be glad to get many of them.

The problem is that the media don't cover the new hires. Getting that info may require more resources than posters here have. IMO this is crucial info and the site owner may be the best person to take on this task.