Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Neocons or progressives , What are our choices 2012?

What are our choices ?

Palin is out , She is full tilt amnesty
    Romney is going to run again ,

Obama came out of nowhere , What about Brewer? I could back her

How about Jeff Sessions? , He has constantly backed up our position

Who else is out there?

I wouldn't take anything for granted in upcoming elections. Sure, people are disenchanted with the hard left positions that Congress and the Obama administration are promoting. But each Congressional race this fall will be decided also upon local issues. I think the Republicans need to choose a competent moderate and it may come down to familiarity and popularity. Romney has shown a great deal of competence, but was mistrusted by the religious right because of his Mormon religion. On that basis they should have mistrusted Reagan, who was a Presbyterian and not really a fundamentalist.

Palin is still struggling with what she believes, but has a lot of popularity with mainstream Americans. My neighbors told me that they had always been Democrats but liked Palin, so voted for McCain-Palin. I don't think Sessions would get the votes necessary. I think there is going to be a lot of compromising no matter who runs.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The States

The States Will take back power. The Feds have gone way beyond the line.

Senator DeMint.

He has worked tirelessly to defeat CIR and put his neck on the line within his own party to build a coalition of candidates who amongst other things are not establisment CIR supporters. Again, it is my contention that establishment republicans are as much the enemy as democrats. DeMint took a leadership role in an effort to build an anti-establishment coalition and has been trying to upgrade where you can like in FL and getting big wins with leaders where you can like in UT.

One of the best examples of his efforts is Mike Lee in Utah ousting Senator wishy washy deal maker Bennet and making Senator Hatch a man again. Ken Buck in CO is doing well. Rand Paul in KY is screaming take the benefits and anchor baby citizenship away candidate who beat the ultimate "we cannot deport them" GOP establishment candidate. Even though Marco Rubio does not impress anyone here consider that he says straight out that he does not support amnesty and his opponent Gov Crist played a critical role in the McCain campaign and will be the first guy in line to sign an amnesty deal, secured border or not.

The more I think about it we better all get on the DeMint bandwagon now and hope he will ride otherwise we will be moaning and groaning during January of 2013.

Of course I am open to better ideas. And if McCain wins in AZ we will definately need one because I fear that seals the deal. If the crown prince of amnesty can win a contested republican primary in a state where illegal immigration is destroying it the writing on the wall.

Don't count out Michelle Bachman. This woman has guts!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836