Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Blog: BetsyRossPatriots

Please visit my new blog at:

www.betsyrosspatriots.com

You will find up to date news on what's happening in Orange County, CA and especially the issue of the Laguna Beach day labor site lawsuit.

In the GALLERY section there is a special tribute to Patriotic Women. If you'd like your pic to be added please contact me through the website.
    I won't post your real name or location, unless you want me to.

Send me any suggestions or feedback. Thanks!

Banned
    Is this the "Betsy Ross" from several of the forums?

Do you mean as a "handle"? No, my blog is just called Betsy Ross because it's about women in the movement.

I live in Laguna Beach and am the plaintiff in the Judicial Watch lawsuit against the city for using our tax dollars to support the day labor site.

You can read all the court docs. on the case at Judicialwatch.org

OR

In a few days I will have all the links to the court docs. up on www.betsyrosspatriots.com

No that's not me, but it's ok. Lots of people using this handle out there and I'm glad to see the name put to good use.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I remember in the 70s when Laguna was a nice place

Cruising Laguna hills was a favorite past time , I even remember
    Aliso from BEFORE they built the pier

Laguna is still a nice place to live. The hippies are much older and much richer now that property values have surged.

There are a lot of activists (Peaceniks and Vegans) and lots of veterans in town, but most of them are cowards. I have heard every excuse in the book as to why the townspeople can't speak out against the day labor site:

"I'm on a committee and they may kick me off if I protest the illegals."

"I'm remodeling and they might pull my permits."

"My wife won't let me."

"The local paper might publish something nasty about me."

"Someone might call me a bad name."

"I own a business and might lose customers if I speak against illegal immigration."

"Illegal immigration is God's plan for the US."

The best though is:

"I'm afraid!"

So, Laguna Beach is a great place as long as you're an Ex-hippie, Liberal Berkenstock wearing, wimp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    No that's not me, but it's ok. Lots of people using this handle out there and I'm glad to see the name put to good use.
    Ive always Liked the stories about Betsy Ross

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OCAngel
    Laguna is still a nice place to live. The hippies are much older and much richer now that property values have surged.

There are a lot of activists (Peaceniks and Vegans) and lots of veterans in town, but most of them are cowards. I have heard every excuse in the book as to why the townspeople can't speak out against the day labor site:

"I'm on a committee and they may kick me off if I protest the illegals."

"I'm remodeling and they might pull my permits."

"My wife won't let me."

"The local paper might publish something nasty about me."

"Someone might call me a bad name."

"I own a business and might lose customers if I speak against illegal immigration."

"Illegal immigration is God's plan for the US."

The best though is:

"I'm afraid!"

So, Laguna Beach is a great place as long as you're an Ex-hippie, Liberal Berkenstock wearing, wimp.
    You needed to be rich to live there in the 70s , lol

Is the Taco bell still there ?

Taco Bell is still there. One employee speaks English. The KFC next door gets lots of protesters that hold up signs with pictures of chickens with their beaks and legs cut off.

Main Beach (near the boardwalk) is Protest Central. Each Saturday the Peaceniks gather there with signs that say "Buck Fush". We have so many protesters that the police have them rotate in shifts. The Peaceniks go first, then the anti-abortionists with their life-size signs of aborted babies, then the Legalize Pot freaks, and sometimes there's some Save the Ocean types or something like that. The Girl Scouts once protested there (which I took part in), when the city tried to sell the Girl Scout camp (established in the 1930s), but continue to pay $80,000 yearly for the day labor site.

The Boom Boom Room and Woodys at the Beach are GONE. Both gay hangouts. They all moved to Palm Springs.

Waaaaay too many art galleries that peddle cr* p. The art festivals still happen each summer, but the patrons are all very old white people. Once the Mexican invasion is complete I'm sure the city will need to bring in some Mararchi's and fill the art booths with velvet paintings and Che Guevara T-shirts to compensate.

Please come visit some time. I'll give you a tour of the day labor site. It's the nicest park in town.