Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New "Contract from America" ignores illegal immig.

If I'm mistaken in any of this, please advise. But none of the top 10 issues listed in the new "Contract from America" out of 22 issues voted on concern illegal immigration/amnesty:

http://www.thecontract.org/

BUT, looks like the issue of illegal immigration/amnesty was not one of the planks that could have been voted on over the past couple of months.

See this 2/17/10 column from Gingrich in which none of the the 22 issues voted on concern illegal immigration ("After much debate and a series of surveys, the list of solutions has been narrowed to 22" per Gingrich; I'm not sure how exactly this process worked).

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=35657

For what it's worth, Dick Armey is involved in the new contract.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Disappointing however I believe it's the Silent One, the one most everyone supports and will take into account regardless of their "contract".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    as a life long Republican and a P.O. American... they better know they will not get ANY support Financially or with my vote... straight party ticket has made this country worse. If there is a Democrat or Independent that will protect our BORDERS and PROTECT American Jobs from being TAKEN by an ILLEGAL ALIEN ... you better know I will not only vote for them, but give them FINANCIAL SUPPORT as well

Get RID of Dick Armey; Get RID of NEWT
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Per wikipedia, Newt's position on illegals:
    [edit] Illegal immigration
    From Gingrich's five challenges: "No serious nation in the age of terror can afford to have wide-open borders with millions of illegal aliens crossing at will."

Although a source of friction in the conservative wing of the GOP (and some[who?] pro-union Blue Dog Democrats), Gingrich supports a "guest worker program" for foreign workers, meaning that an undetermined number of foreign workers would be allowed to come to the United States and work for a period of time, then return to their home country. Gingrich also supports the idea of allowing some of these guest workers to become citizens. In his book, Winning the Future, he says:

"Along with total border control, we must make it easier for people who enter the United States legally, to work for a set period of time, obey the law, and return home. The requirements for participation in a worker visa program should be tough and uncompromising. The first is essential: Everyone currently working in the United States illegally must return to their home country to apply for the worker visa program. Anything less than requiring those who are here illegally to return home to apply for legal status is amnesty, plain and simple."

Sounds to me like Newt is playing all sides of the fence. Keeping business happy for cheap labor and hopeful campaign contributions. Keeping the illegal supporters happy with a path to citizenship, for votes. And how is the US going to enforce folks return home, when we have no idea who or how many are here illegally?

Re: New "Contract from America" ignores illegal im

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    If I'm mistaken in any of this, please advise. But none of the top 10 issues listed in the new "Contract from America" out of 22 issues voted on concern illegal immigration/amnesty:

http://www.thecontract.org/

BUT, looks like the issue of illegal immigration/amnesty was not one of the planks that could have been voted on over the past couple of months.

See this 2/17/10 column from Gingrich in which none of the the 22 issues voted on concern illegal immigration ("After much debate and a series of surveys, the list of solutions has been narrowed to 22" per Gingrich; I'm not sure how exactly this process worked).

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=35657

For what it's worth, Dick Armey is involved in the new contract.
    IMO, Dick Armey is one of the "bad" guys. He supports an open border and will do notning to oppose illegal immigration. Nothing on the FReedom Works website opposes illegal immigration.

From what I know, you're correct Maygart; Armey (like Grover Norquist and his ilk) is pro-amnesty.

See below -- so you're telling me that "rejecting cap-and-trade" and "energy policy" issues (however bad these would be) are more important to grass roots tea partiers than secure borders etc. Call me cynical, but I wouldn't be surprised if Armey rigged this process so that illegal immigration was omitted.

This is from FOX News (posted by Texas2step) about the Contract:

[i]When the votes of more than 443,000 were cast, the top ten planks were:

(1) Require each bill to identify its constitutional authorization

(2) Defund, repeal, and replace government-run health care

(3) Demand a balanced budget

(4) End runaway government spending by imposing a statutory cap limiting growth in federal spending

(5) Enact fundamental reform to simplify and lower taxes

(6)Create a Blue Ribbon task force that engages in a complete audit of federal agencies and programs

(7) Reject cap-and-trade

( 8 ) Pass an “all of the aboveâ€

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Someone better tell NEWT AND Dick Armey that promising the electorate 70% of what that want is 1 percentage point to a FAILING GRADE

you either give us 85 - 90 Percent OR HIGHER .. or Austa La Bye~ BYE

you will not get our votes

MEDIOCRE DOESN'T CUT IT ANY MORE

If you don't believe us look at John McCain .. he's about to get booted out of office