Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A new Declaration of Independence ...

Obama boarding his train has said that we need a new Declaration of Independence. What is this about?

Re: A new Declaration of Independence ...

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    Obama boarding his train has said that we need a new Declaration of Independence. What is this about?
    Uh oh, I have no idea, but it can not be good. I will see what I can find.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    This is all I can find

All Indianapolis news in one place
    Obama: New declaration of independence needed
    President-elect Barack Obama implored Americans today to commit to a new declaration of independence -- rejecting ideology and bigotry -- as he acknowledged the nation faces severe challenges. To kick off the inauguration, Obama is following the train route that his political hero Abraham Lincoln took to assume his presidency.
    Source: CNN

http://www.examiner.com/r-5551493~Obama ... eeded.html
    On the Right Track: Obama Kicks Off Tour in Philadelphia
    Obama Begins Trip With Family, Will Pick Up Biden in Wilmington at Noon
    By JAKE TAPPER, SUNLEN MILLER and HUMA KHAN
    Jan. 17, 2009

55 comments
    FONT SIZE
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    RSS
    DIGG

President-elect Barack Obama kicked off his symbolic train tour with his family with an event in Philadelphia, where he called for a "new declaration of independence."
    President-elect's journey links history of triumph, struggle with modern times.

More Photos

In a 15-minute speech filled with patriotic sentiment, Obama talked about the problems facing the country -- the economy, two wars, dependence on oil -- and called on Americans to "rebuild this country."

"We are here today not simply to pay tribute to our first patriots but to take up the work that they began," Obama said, speaking at the historic 30th Street train station. "What is required is the same perseverance and idealism that our founders displayed. What is required is a new declaration of independence, not just in our nation, but in our own lives -- from ideology and small thinking, prejudice and bigotry -- an appeal not to our easy instincts but to our better angels."

The audience was filled with dignitaries and special guests, including Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter, Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., and Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa. The president-elect received a standing ovation by invitees when he mentioned ending the war in Iraq. The 16 families invited to ride with the Obamas sat with the family on the side of the stage as the president-elect spoke.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Inaugura ... 384&page=1

I think I am going to be ill.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeppers....that's what he said. Waiting for article to download now so I can copy and paste.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's one:

Political Punch
    Power, pop, and probings from ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper

Jake Tapper is ABC News' Senior White House Correspondent based in the network's Washington bureau. He writes about politics and popular culture and covers a range of national stories.

In Philadelphia This Morning, Obama to Call for "A New Declaration of Independence"
    January 17, 2009 7:43 AM

PHILADELPHIA, PA -- Here in the City of Brotherly Love this morning, following in the footsteps of his hero President Abraham Lincoln, President-elect Obama will call for "a new Declaration of Independence" and ask Americans to invoke the same spirit of our Founding Fathers to get through these challenging times.

"What is required is the same perseverance and idealism that our founders displayed," the President-elect will say, calling for a new declaration of independence "not just in our nation, but in our own lives – from ideology and small thinking, prejudice and bigotry – an appeal not to our easy instincts but to our better angels."

The reference to "better angels," like so much about this Inaugural, is a nod to the 16th President, who in his first Inaugural address expressed the hop that "every living heart and hearthstone, all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

Mr. Lincoln stopped here on February 22, 1861 on the way to his first inaugural, and delivered an extemporaneous address at Independence Hall that paid tribute to the history document that the soon-to-be-44th President will today invoke.

Lincoln, a former one-term Congressman and state legislator from Illinois, said then that "I have never had a feeling politically that did not spring from the sentiments embodied in the Declaration of Independence. I have often pondered over the dangers which were incurred by the men who assembled here, and framed and adopted that Declaration of Independence."

Mr. Obama, a former one-term Senator and state legislator from Illinois himself, has constantly invoked Lincoln, from his formal declaration of his candidacy at the old state house in Springfield, Illinois, to his reference to Lincoln's "Team of Rivals" when assembling his own Cabinet full of former primary opponents, to his use on Tuesday of Mr. Lincoln's Bible for his oath of office, to his being served a luncheon that day that Lincoln would have enjoyed.

Obama's speech today -- originally planned for Independence Hall, but moved indoors to 30th Street Station for unknown reasons -- will continue this tribute to his fellow lanky-Illinoisan-turned-President.

"We are here today not simply to pay tribute to our first patriots but to take up the work that they began," he will say, according to excerpts of his speech provided to ABC News by the Obama Transition Team. "The trials we face are very different now, but severe in their own right. Only a handful of times in our history has a generation been confronted with challenges so vast. An economy that is faltering. Two wars, one that needs to be ended responsibly, one that needs to be waged wisely. A planet that is warming from our unsustainable dependence on oil. And yet while our problems may be new, what is required to overcome them is not."

As always, Mr. Obama will combine his lofty rhetoric with some expectations-lowering language, saying that "such enormous challenges will not be solved quickly. There will be false starts and setbacks, frustrations and disappointments. And we will be called to show patience even as we act with fierce urgency.

"But we should never forget that we are the heirs of that first band of patriots, ordinary men and women who refused to give up when it all seemed so improbable; and who somehow believed that they had the power to make the world anew," he will say. "That is the spirit that we must reclaim today."

Lincoln's trip, it might be noted, was fraught with peril. Assassins awaited him in Baltimore, and when he spoke off the cuff in Philadelphia on George Washington's birthday, he heralded that "sentiment in the Declaration of Independence which gave liberty, not alone to the people of this country, but, I hope, to the world, for all future time" and said "if this country cannot be saved without giving up that principle...I would rather be assassinated on this spot than to surrender it."

Possibly regretting his words a moment later, Lincoln said, "I did not expect to be called upon to say a word when I came here---I supposed I was merely to do something towards raising a flag. I may, therefore, have said something indiscreet, but I have said nothing but what I am willing to live by, and, in the pleasure of Almighty God, die by."

The whistle-stop train tour will begin in Philadelphia, brake to a slow roll in Claymont, Delaware, so the Obamas can wave at supporters, and stop in Wilmington, Delaware.

There the Obamas will be joined by that state's most famous Amtrak commuter, Vice President-elect Joe Biden, who commuted home to the small-wonder state rather than get a home in Washington, DC, for his 36 years in the Senate. After a rally in Delaware, the train will again slow-roll in Edgewood, Maryland, and stop for a rally in Baltimore, Maryland, where Mr. Obama's most ardent supporter, Mayor Sheila Dixon, was recently indicted for accepting illegal gifts. The Obamas and Bidens will arrive in the nation's capital this evening.

-- Jake Tapper

blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/01/in-philadelphia.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is all I can find

All Indianapolis news in one place
    Obama: New declaration of independence needed
    President-elect Barack Obama implored Americans today to commit to a new declaration of independence -- rejecting ideology and bigotry -- as he acknowledged the nation faces severe challenges. To kick off the inauguration, Obama is following the train route that his political hero Abraham Lincoln took to assume his presidency.
    Source: CNN

http://www.examiner.com/r-5551493~Obama ... eeded.html
    [quote:27gc9i84]
    On the Right Track: Obama Kicks Off Tour in Philadelphia
    Obama Begins Trip With Family, Will Pick Up Biden in Wilmington at Noon
    By JAKE TAPPER, SUNLEN MILLER and HUMA KHAN
    Jan. 17, 2009

55 comments
    FONT SIZE
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    RSS
    DIGG

President-elect Barack Obama kicked off his symbolic train tour with his family with an event in Philadelphia, where he called for a "new declaration of independence."
    President-elect's journey links history of triumph, struggle with modern times.

More Photos

In a 15-minute speech filled with patriotic sentiment, Obama talked about the problems facing the country -- the economy, two wars, dependence on oil -- and called on Americans to "rebuild this country."

"We are here today not simply to pay tribute to our first patriots but to take up the work that they began," Obama said, speaking at the historic 30th Street train station. "What is required is the same perseverance and idealism that our founders displayed. What is required is a new declaration of independence, not just in our nation, but in our own lives -- from ideology and small thinking, prejudice and bigotry -- an appeal not to our easy instincts but to our better angels."

The audience was filled with dignitaries and special guests, including Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter, Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa., and Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa. The president-elect received a standing ovation by invitees when he mentioned ending the war in Iraq. The 16 families invited to ride with the Obamas sat with the family on the side of the stage as the president-elect spoke.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Inaugura ... 384&page=1

I think I am going to be ill.[/quote:27gc9i84]

I know thwe feeling Cayla.

HOW can ANYBODY listen to this individual and still believe for one second that he is a true, born or otherwise, American with any right whatsoever to hold the office of potus?

That made me sick as well.......then to read the news that they run in the banner below.....seek to knock out ammendments or change them to where there are no term limits for the President, or any other elected officials. I swear, this party is so power hungry and now they are the majority, they want to make sure no one else stands a chance to get in.

Well, I plan to be ill most all week!!!!!!!! How could I not!?!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

St. Barack's hero was actually a tyrant of the first order..

read the book by Prof. Thomas Lorenzo (Loyola College, Md.) titled

The Real Lincoln...acording to Prof. Lorenzo's research, Lincoln had all

officals in the Baltimore and D.C. area arrested and held in Fort McHenry

because he knew most people in the North were on the side of the Confederacy...he also suspended habeus corpus (sound familier?)

when he heard of demonstrations by crowds in N.Y., he sent troops who

fired on these crowds, killing many...

he also stated to one of his cabinet members he was going to free the slaves IN THE SOUTH hoping they would take up arms for the Union,

and said "but we shall keep the n i g g e r s in the North as our servants..."

he is far from the hero many people make him out to be, but as we all
    know, the VICTORS get to write history as they want it seen...

I believe these statements are being made so when things start to change, slowly but surely for the NWO, people will just say

"but this is all part of our new president's program, isn't it?"

the end is near...keep your powder dry...

Do you think it is kind of "strange" he has chosen Lincoln?
    Does he realize Lincoln was a Republican?
    Maybe it has something to do with the Civil War?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast