Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Haven poverty, crime, unemployment statistics

Here is some interesting data on New Haven
    http://www.gnhcc.com/work/?id=3, then on the map click on New Haven

The poverty rate is 24.4%?
    Black Americans are 35% of the population
    Unemployment is 7.2%
    The crime rate is 10%, three times the state average!

I don't see how they can afford to provide any services to illegal aliens, except off the backs of poor Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It might well be that the way New Haven, will get its due is that an illegal will show up and get a card in the name of a stolen identity. The card, to some degree, will validate the name, and create a paper trail. Despite the assertion by New Haven that it will have limited use, I can dream up a lot of mischief that it can create. If this happens, the true owner of the name should have a great recourse against the city of New Haven. With this in mind, it seems that, at a minimum, New Haven should be required to publish a public list of the names of those who have received the cards.

Are they just going to give anyone and everyone a card. Will they have to prove they live in New Haven?

Maybe if there is no proof required, a lot of people in the area could show up and request cards. Wouldn't that be a hoot, if they were tied up with thousands and thousands of requests for cards?

That would be fun. Gobs of people show up and get a card and then everyone of them descend on the library, etc., at one time.

You bet this is just a foothold for them. These cards will be used for all kinds of things.

Of course, if you look around, they don't need the cards. They get bank accounts, they get utilities, they get education, they get jobs, they get freebies, they have library cards.

Now that I think about it - why do they need the cards?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

vic

I sent New Haven a email telling them I would be sending them some new residents (passing out flyers) below is their answer from Leonard Aronow whoever he is.

The City is offering ID cards to our residents. In order to acquire this
    card, the individual must provide proof of both identity and residency
    in the City of New Haven. At least one form of identification must
    include a photograph and be current. The proof of residency must show
    the resident's name with their address. These items include, but are not
    limited to, rental agreements, two or more utility bills and insurance
    bills. These documents must be current. The Elm City Resident Card will
    also serve as a library card; provide access to municipal activities and
    locations which are free or discounted for residents and as a Parcxmart
    debit card which can accept up to $150 to pay for parking meters and for
    goods and services at nearly 50 participating stores.
    Government is not reason;it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master! George Washington

What kind of ID has a picture besides some kind of company badge or DL?

I just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    What kind of ID has a picture besides some kind of company badge or DL?

I just don't know.
    My suspicion when I first heard about this was that it was a Real ID pilot test. Makes sense, you start using it in one city, make sure you trumpet the benefits, then try to sell it to the rest of the country that is currently opposed to it.

Illegals can still get it though, I'm really not sure why anyone would actually want it illegal or not.

Here's an example on how hispanics can be discounted from these kinds of statistics:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...wtopic&t=75151

So, if we don't see these statistics rise, we'll know someone is cooking the books on these statistics.

Hundreds turned up in New Haven

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?s=6844290

Looks like New Haven bit off more than they were willing to chew... Hundreds showed up today -- seems folks were even coming in from out of town to get a card!
    The absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.....* Donald Rumsfeld

From what I read in Vic's post Mr. Aronow says that a picture id and proof of residence is needed to get this card.If people already have those things what does the card do for them besides( library card and shop discounts)? I mean is it that tough to get a library card in that town?

If this is what the mayor of New Haven wants in his fair city, then this is what he will get; another form of terorrism--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast