Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

New Jersey Story on another board:

Sorry, slight hijack, but related, I think--

So-- those of you that already have a sterling opinion of Passaic County and other New Jersey lovely fun things/rules/laws/bs-- I have a good one for you. At work I process people's applications for naturalization, that have a $675 application fee. At least 25 times a night I get an application with a check from the good old state of New Jersey, or from a county from the lovely state, paying for someone to try to become a citizen of the US. If it's not from New Jersey's "Social Services Fund" (a state entity), it's from Passaic County's Social Services Fund, or State of New Jersey's Welfare fund. How do you like the idea that your state tax dollars are going to pay USCIS (INS) (the government)'s application fees for people who aren't even citizens to become citizens? Also, how is it that New Jersey gives welfare in excess of $1500/mo to immigrants who have over $100,000 in the bank? (Sorry, only slightly bitter dry.gif ). These people are also getting social security from the federal government-- want to know where the social security money went?? Most of these people put right in their applications that they "have never worked in the US" but still manage to get SS benefits. Isn't it great that we pay people from other countries to come here to retire? I want to do that...maybe I should move out of the country until I'm ready to retire too!!
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

We have a large group of Somalia's who recently immigrated. The local paper did a story and in the story, they told how this gentlemen got by on his SS check. The man was in his seventies and just got here and is NOT working but is receiving Social Security!!!! I wonder how the American people would react if they knew that recent immigrants are getting their SS money. It's insane. I guess they classify these people as "refugees", so they get the free money.

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    We have a large group of Somalia's who recently immigrated. The local paper did a story and in the story, they told how this gentlemen got by on his SS check. The man was in his seventies and just got here and is NOT working but is receiving Social Security!!!! I wonder how the American people would react if they knew that recent immigrants are getting their SS money. It's insane. I guess they classify these people as "refugees", so they get the free money.
    They do just ask any Cuban.

We need to CAP the number of REFUGEES as well as OTHER types of immigrants!