Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NEW NATIONAL TV CAMPAIGN

TV ADS ASK WHY LEADERS ARE IGNORING BLACK WORKERS VICTIMIZED BY IMMIGRATION

TV spots featuring Dr. Frank Morris, former Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Executive Director, launched across the country this week. The TV spots were developed by Morris and the Coalition for the Future American Worker, a large coalition of groups of which Californians for Population Stabilization (CAPS) is a member, and are part of an ongoing national campaign.

Morris asserts that America's leaders are misinformed or are simply ignoring the plight of low-income Black American workers victimized by mass immigration. Morris has vowed to get the facts about the negative consequences of mass immigration into the hands of all Americans as well as America's leaders whose public statements contradict the facts.

Dr. Morris commented, "America's leaders need to wake up. It's a fact foreign workers are taking jobs and depressing wages of Americans from all backgrounds. However, Black workers are being disproportionately affected. Studies prove 40% of the decline in Black employment is due to immigration. And the effects will become even more pronounced for our most vulnerable workers as the economy gets worse. It's time for America's leaders, especially our Black leaders, to put the most vulnerable American workers' interests ahead of foreign workers' and the cheap labor businesses that hire them."

While many studies document immigration's effect on American workers, Morris frequently cites the National Bureau of Economic Research Paper 12518 in the TV spots. NBER Paper 12518 was developed by Harvard professor George Borjas, University of Chicago's Jeffrey Grogger and University of California's Gordon Hanson.

To view the Morris TV spots go to

www.CAPSweb.org

and for more information about the Coalition for the Future American Worker, visit

www.AmericanWorker.org.

This a great idea and long overdue. I wish them the best of luck in this undertaking.

I wonder if there's anything we can do to help...(?)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have seen interviews of T. Willard Fair of the Urban League in S. Florida speak on the issue. He does a GREAT job in outlining the problem in a very compelling but matter-of-fact way. I would have liked to see a quote or soundbyte from him in the ad as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is good news! Remember when Obama stated in the last debate that he did not believe low-skill, low-wage illegal immigrants had any effect on Black Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    This a great idea and long overdue. I wish them the best of luck in this undertaking.

I wonder if there's anything we can do to help...(?)
    PhredE, it might be a good idea to contact that organization, show them what we are all about, and assist each other in our endeavour. The more the merrier!!! Is this not what we are all about???

We need to stand together on this . Racial divisions are destroying us . The race hustlers have taught too many lies that divide .

In the black mans eyes whites are their persecuters . Whites are quilty of this ,but so are their own people who are black .

To hear the professors and media talk, you'd think that whites were the only ones to ever own a slave . Yet more slaves in history and even now are owned by the black race .

Slavery is evil no matter who practices it .

We need to stand together and help these blacks fight this injustice .

This is very good news! I am glad to hear that the Afro-American population is FINALLY speaking out against illegal alien workers.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn