Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NEW NUMBERSUSA ALERT AND FAXES

12:14 PM (31 minutes ago)

Dear Faxer:

Discharge Petition: Tell your *Blue Dog* Rep. that a letter to Pelosi isn't enough

This new fax has been posted in your Action Buffet based on your answers to the Interest Survey.

You can find this fax by proceeding to
    http://www.numbersusa.com

DON'T ACCEPT A LAME EXCUSE

THE ONLY WAY TO SUPPORT THE SAVE ACT IS TO SIGN THE DISCHARGE PETITION

FIGHT AMNESTY WITH ENFORCEMENT

Some Blue Dog Democrats are signing a letter to Speaker Pelosi, asking her to bring the SAVE Act (H.R. 408 to the floor for a vote. They know that Speaker Pelosi will not bring the bill to the floor unless she is forced to, but they plan on using this letter to justify their refusal to sign the discharge petition.

The discharge petition is the ONLY way to bring this enforcement bill to the floor.

Do not let your representative use the letter to Pelosi as political cover for siding with the open-borders House leadership.

We need signatures.

If the petition collects 218 House signatures, a simple majority, the bill can bypass the committee process and be placed on the House floor for a vote, regardless of opposition from House leadership. That bill -- with 151 bi-partisan signers in the House and Senate -- would drive millions of illegal aliens out of their jobs by requiring mandatory employment eligibility verification.

Meanwhile, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) continues to work with open borders Democrats on alternative plans for the immigration debate. Pelosi and Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) have been pushing a plan to grant legal work permits for millions of illegal aliens currently holding jobs and huge increases in H-2B and H-1B visas for types of foreign workers. A vote on the SAVE Act could derail their plans.

Do you want more or less information?
    As a NumbersUSA subscriber, you will receive occasional emails about immigration-related opportunities. If you want to increase or reduce the frequency of these emails, click here and choose from Total Activism, Moderate Activism, or Limited Activism at the bottom of your registration form: http://www.numbersusa.com/user

NumbersUSA - relies upon individuals like you to reach its goal of an environmentally sustainable and economically just America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is the one I chose:

If you don't support bi-partisan enforcement bills like the SAVE Act, just say so. But please don't try to fool me with a letter to Speaker Pelosi.

No matter how you try to spin it, you're failure to sign the discharge petition is nothing less than giving up entirely on H.R. 4088. Please do not condescend to write me a letter explaining the virtue of the committee process or your deference to the Speaker of the House. Speaker Pelosi had no problem with bypassing committee hearings when she brought H.R. 1, H.R. 2, H.R. 3, H.R. 4, H.R. 5, and H.R. 6 directly to the floor for a vote during the first 100 days of the 110th Congress.

There is no excuse for not signing the discharge petition, whether you signed a meaningless letter or not. I would like an honest accounting of why you failed to support the SAVE Act at the critical hour when you were needed the most.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay! Thanks, heading over to numbersusa.

You're welcome.

Thanks for the heads up Gogo, I went over to my page at Numbers and found a big list of "to dos."

Just wondering should one try to apply a 'method to the madness' technique. Perhaps send some intermittently, as opposed to shooting off a dozen at once?

Also, I no longer recieve responses from my reps, or seldom. In the past I always recieved responses. Back then I only sent letters or called perhaps once or twice in a 6 month period. Sporadicly would best describe my activism in the past. I always recieved a response back then. Have I become a troubling constituent? A real 'pain in the __!' Am I no longer counted among the good sheep in the flock?

Maybe all the above aroundabout. LOL

I tell them I won't give them my address, I don't want them spending my tax dollars to send me a form letter. I'll just give them my zip code.

Why should they spend more of MY money to give me a "non-responsive response." DUH

Touche' Gogo, point taken.

I used to think that a response was not needed in order to save taxpayer monies, but also found myself on the other side of the fence. If they wrote back, they must have been paying attention to business.(?)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Touche' Gogo, point taken.

I used to think that a response was not needed in order to save taxpayer monies, but also found myself on the other side of the fence. If they wrote back, they must have been paying attention to business.(?)
    That's true too.

bttt