Thread: News media Bias

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

News media Bias

I wanted some ideas/opinions on where users of this forum get their news, I must admit I've watched Fox and CNN as back up with a lot of news provided via the Internet.

The bias on Fox has IMO become pronounced with the start of the primaries they show clear bias for Romney, personally I have not selected anyone however I do not want the news media selecting candidates I understand this has occurred for years however the public must begin to fight back use there own research and simply ignore talking heads such as Rove, Oreilly,etc.

I believe this will be the most important election of my life time this country is in far too much trouble to withstand another 4 years of this administration,however we need someone of value,standards,morals without that we will fail.

Please,I'm not to old to learn give me feed back on best "fair" news source.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

In my judgement the closest thing to an unbiased news program is Wolf Blitzer on CNN. Jack Cafferty impresses me too. I watch a bit of everything the MSM propaganda channels throw at us then sort through the distortions.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Old Guy.

I agree on what you stated I feel the same.. It is very difficult to find one that isn't biased in fact it is near impossible. I watch Fox Business News usually it is a separate channel than Fox News, I dabble at some of the others, Fox News, CNN, Bloomberg a little and the local stations. On line I get at least 134 emails a day from various source's Financial Times,New American,Conservative byte, National Journal,The Hill, Freedoms Phoenix, Tea Party Economist, Natural News, Business Insider, that is just naming a very few. Unless I really like thier emails I only get weekly stuff not daily. It is mind boggling but I can speed read a bit so I try and glance at them all. I feel the more the better even the quirky and outrageous ones. I get a lot of opinions/info from a bunch of sources. I also see who posts things here and sometimes explore those sites/or links as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard View Post
    In my judgement the closest thing to an unbiased news program is Wolf Blitzer on CNN. Jack Cafferty impresses me too. I watch a bit of everything the MSM propaganda channels throw at us then sort through the distortions.
    You said it! Glad I'm not the only one here. The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer is in my opinion the best damn news show on cable TV. It's shown here at 1 PM on the west coast as opposed to in the prime time slot, which is filled with biased drivel on all three cable news channels. Not usually in the mood to watch news in the evening anyway. Wolf Blitzer rarely injects his own biases. I want it reported and that's it. Jack Cafferty has his own segment where he reads viewers' emails (from all perspectives). One of the only negatives you could probably find with the show, or with any news show for that matter, is the fact that it can only report on so much since it's two hours long. The news you can't find on TV you must seek out on your own.

Oh and may I add that Wolf has stood up for Ron Paul, He could constantly remind everyone during the Iowa caucuses that he still existed and had a very good chance of doing well.
    Last edited by googler; 01-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.

I don't watch msm. I do visit some msm websites, but if something interests me I usually try to read multiple articles on it to get more viewpoints and info so I can come to my own decisions. The rare occasions I happen to be near a tv turned to a news channel the bias and spin usually ****** me off.