Thread: the Newtster

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

the Newtster

Gang:

I do not recall seeing this elsewhere on this site although someone brought up Newt a while back, if someone else reported it my apologies:

Re: http://www.manews.org/

Newt Gingrich said:

" Gingrich brought an applauding crowd to its feet by shouting that America should muster the resources and will so that "every illegal immigrant could be deported within 48 hours." He added that Congress should pass a law that there would be "no judicial redress" to deportations. And he declared that "every foreigner entering this country must be ID-ed."

My Comment:

I am not sure, that unitl Newt sincerely acknowledges his "sins" he can pull the conservative vote, but I sure like the way he talking. Go Newt...

Hmmm...could you imagine if Newt and Hillary get into a bidding war over who will be toughter on enforcing this nations immigration laws? Man, oh man, the United States could only win in that event.

Patriotman

patriotman,

You may be referring to this post:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-1581.html

Former U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Newt Gingrich was tapped to speak during another time slot to plug his latest book. The Georgian, basking in speculation that he might be a 2008 GOP presidential contender, has rarely spoken about immigration since his days in the 1980s as a congressional backbencher. Yet his immigration remarks - inserted at the end of his speech - appeared to have been written by Pat Buchanan or the late Sam Francis. Gingrich brought an applauding crowd to its feet by shouting that America should muster the resources and will so that "every illegal immigrant could be deported within 48 hours." He added that Congress should pass a law that there would be "no judicial redress" to deportations. And he declared that "every foreigner entering this country must be ID-ed."

Whether the former speaker really means what he says is open to debate. But the astute Gingrich obviously senses the immigration issue is getting the public's attention - so he's finally talking tough about it. Jacoby and her open borders disciples were clearly out of sync at the CPAC conclave - a milestone that would have been improbable five years ago.