Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: No mass deportations of immigrants, Trump says

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    That isn't what he said. He doesn't call enforcing US immigration law "mass deportation." Mass deportation is a media term. Trump said he would deport and remove all illegal aliens within 2 years. He's said nothing to change that. That is not "mass deportation". That is simple enforcement of US law. State and local law enforcement use 800,000 state and local police officers to arrest over 12,000,000 people a year, approximately 1.5 arrests per officer on average in a given month. And that doesn't count traffic stops. Is that "mass arrests"? Every two years, that's 24 million people, many of them illegal aliens.

The almost 14 million people who voted in the Republican primary for Trump know he'll do what he said and do it in a good and effective manner using good management.
    Personally, I think anyone that actually believes Trump, or any other President for that matter, can deport 10+ million illegals a year does not realize what a monumental task that would be. Finding them isn't even half of what would be necessary to deport such a large number in such a short time. Oh, and deporting over 20 million illegals over a two year span would be considered "mass deportation" to most logical thinkers.

Look, I get it, Trump is our only option at this point. However, I would caution anyone against unrealistic expectations. I've felt that way from the beginning and nothing has been said or done to change my position on that. Is it realistic to think Trump can deport over 20 million illegals in two years? No it isn't. Is it realistic to think Trump can build a "wall" from sea to shining sea? Again, no it isn't. Now, is it possible that Trump can ensure our immigration laws are fully enforced according to law, yes it is. Is it possible that Trump can greatly enhance the security of our borders, yes it is.

It's no secret that Obama has set the bar extremely low on immigration enforcement and border security (that's why it sickens me to hear Trump say Obama has mass deported illegals). Hillary Clinton has promised to continue, even expand, his policies where immigration is concerned. Trump really doesn't have to do much to raise the bar. Something as simple as appointing an enforcement minded Secretary of Homeland Security would go a long way to improve things. I'm talking about the kind of person who uses every avenue available to him (or her) to deport illegals, not one like Jeh Johnson who tries to do everything he can to avoid deporting illegals. The same can be said for the Attorney General position.

I will vote on Donald Trump come November, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm buying everything he's selling. Moreover, I don't believe he's always been completely honest and forthright with the voting public. Of course I don't know that any presidential candidate ever has. Just saying ........

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump's comments, as far as I can tell from this article, is not the shift in his policy we would all dread. It appears to be another attempt of the media to get people to believe that because they know that is the only thing that can destroy Trump's campaign or Presidency.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The change in rhetoric from Mr. Trump resembled a pivot for the general election that would be expected from a more traditional candidate.
    Pressed by Bloomberg Politics on whether he would pursue mass deportations, the real estate tycoon said he would not.
    “No, I would not call it mass deportations,” Mr. Trump said. “We are going to get rid of a lot of bad dudes who are here. That I can tell you.
    Mr. Trump has not veered from his plan to build a wall, which is a cornerstone of his campaign.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ions-illegal-/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12