Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

North Carolina’s Illegal Immigration Law

by J. D. Longstreet
    US - DOJ Goes After Arizona - But Not NC. Why? - Here in North Carolina, if you are arrested, charged, and incarcerated for impaired driving, or any felony, you will be asked to prove you are a citizen of the United States. If you cannot, ICE (or Homeland Security) will be contacted and queried concerning your case. That’s the law in the Tar Heel state. It has been for some time now.

Once the Feds have been contacted, and they determine that you are, indeed, an illegal alien, we can only hope (IF the Feds do their job,) you will be deported forthwith.

Here is the exact wording from the North Carolina General Statutes:

§ 162‑62. Legal status of prisoners.
    (a) When any person charged with a felony or an impaired driving offense is confined for any period in a county jail, local confinement facility, district confinement facility, or satellite jail/work release unit, the administrator or other person in charge of the facility shall attempt to determine if the prisoner is a legal resident of the United States by an inquiry of the prisoner, or by examination of any relevant documents, or both.

(b) If the administrator or other person in charge of the facility is unable to determine if that prisoner is a legal resident or citizen of the United States or its territories, the administrator or other person in charge of the facility holding the prisoner, where possible, shall make a query through the Division of Criminal Information (DCI) system to the Law Enforcement Support Center (LESC) of Immigration and Customs Enforcement of the United States Department of Homeland Security. If the LESC determines that the prisoner has not been lawfully admitted to the United States, the United States Department of Homeland Security will have been notified of the prisoner’s status and confinement at the facility by its receipt of the DCI query from the facility.

(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to deny bond to a prisoner or to prevent a prisoner from being released from confinement when that prisoner is otherwise eligible for release.

(d) The administrator or other person in charge of the facility shall annually report the number of queries performed under subsection (b) of this section and the results of those queries to the Governor’s Crime Commission of the Department of Crime Control and Public Safety. The Governor’s Crime Commission shall make the reports available to the public. (2007‑494, s. 1.)

It would appear the major difference between NC’s law and the Arizona law is that—in NC a person must first be placed under arrest. In Arizona, if a police officer has legally stopped a person, the police officer MUST inquire as to that person’s immigration status. Here in NC, the law requires police officers to inquire as to the immigration status of ALL people who have been arrested and charged with a felony OR an impaired driving offense.

I have to ask: Why is the Obama Regime persecuting Arizona and not North Carolina, as well.

Ok, allow me to ask this: Is it because North Carolina’s female governor is an Obama Democrat and the North Carolina State Legislature is controlled, solidly, by Obama’s Democratic Party? Surely, I don’t have to answer that question – do I? If I do, then we are in worse shape that I thought.

Of COURSE, the correct answer is the latter. The US-DOJ under Obama appears very selective about who and what it prosecutes.

It has become clear that if you are a democrat and if your race is that which appears to be “preferredâ€

GR
    One great thing about Arizona is that the timing was just right - like God's Holy Hand came to America's defense in the illegal alien fight - all in His good timing.

Not sure why some states seems to be ignored for their laws against illegal aliens.

There might be a reason why some states are fought against more than others, but if that's true, then it's a calculated maneuver planned by someone.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who is the calculating one, or ones.

Personally, I think God Himself is also fed up with so many people invading the nation He Himself has blessed so greatly, mainly because He knows the hearts of so many Christians that live within the USA.

America "is" the first nation on the scene whenever there is a disaster in any nation on God's created earth.

God honors, and is honored, by that kind of generocity.

No gracious generocity should be greeted with hate, just like the illegal aliens have done to too many places in the USA.

God won't honor that, and He will fight against it on behalf of those who are being harmed, whether a nation or a people.

The illegal aliens are lieing about who is harming who with their invasion into America.

It's the patriotic God revering American people who being hated by the illegal aliens - and that is not going to stand with God, or the American people.

Quote Originally Posted by GR
    One great thing about Arizona is that the timing was just right - like God's Holy Hand came to America's defense in the illegal alien fight - all in His good timing.

Not sure why some states seems to be ignored for their laws against illegal aliens.

There might be a reason why some states are fought against more than others, but if that's true, then it's a calculated maneuver planned by someone.

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out who is the calculating one, or ones.

Personally, I think God Himself is also fed up with so many people invading the nation He Himself has blessed so greatly, mainly because He knows the hearts of so many Christians that live within the USA.

America "is" the first nation on the scene whenever there is a disaster in any nation on God's created earth.

God honors, and is honored, by that kind of generocity.

No gracious generocity should be greeted with hate, just like the illegal aliens have done to too many places in the USA.

God won't honor that, and He will fight against it on behalf of those who are being harmed, whether a nation or a people.

The illegal aliens are lieing about who is harming who with their invasion into America.

It's the patriotic God revering American people who being hated by the illegal aliens - and that is not going to stand with God, or the American people.
    Where exactly did you go to church ?

don't delude yourself for even one SECOND that god wants us to expell 20 million poor people ...

the christian thing for us to do would be to welcome all of these people into our homes , and i mean that litterarly , as in if we have a free unused room we say , welcome brother , welcome sister please stay and live with me ....

to be a christian means to put OTHERS before self , NO MATTER WHAT ...

i'm not the best christian , but i still know my wrong from my right ...

lets not make illegal immgration into a relgious issue ... it's simply a mattter of law ...

"lets not make illegal immgration into a relgious issue ... it's simply a mattter of law"

So lets keep it SIMPLE and ENFORCE the law.

Well, I just couldn't resist myself. Seems like so many people are ignorant of being a Christian and do not really know the Bible, so I thought I would make the following point:

There are passages in the Bible that say...only after following God's Law must a person follow Man's Law (OK, this is a summary, but it is the truth) so long as it does not violate God's law. I could get into an argument about this after reading all of the passages below, but I get the impression that everyone has forgotten about what the Word actually says???? Glen Beck is right about one thing, we need to get back to our roots of faith, and so far, the looney left has pushed that right out of the window...but we can grant every other faith (satanism, wicca, etc) by not calling it religious. How funny! I'll stick with God on this one, and follow his word. Laws of the land are in force and should be enforced for a reason...and the Bible saw that and foretold it...go figure!

Now, by no means is this to say that our behavour should be twisted, and that we shouldn't be charitable, but I think there has to be some expectation that folks won't violate the sovereignty of another country just to "bleed it dry" and go home???!!! Something doesn't check with this situation. I believe religion (no matter how perverted some of the faiths are) must be a part of the solution.

Genesis 47:26
    So Joseph established it as a law concerning land in Egypt—still in force today—that a fifth of the produce belongs to Pharaoh. It was only the land of the priests that did not become Pharaoh's.
    Genesis 47:25-27 (in Context) Genesis 47 (Whole Chapter)
    Leviticus 20:22
    " 'Keep all my decrees and laws and follow them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out.
    Leviticus 20:21-23 (in Context) Leviticus 20 (Whole Chapter)
    Leviticus 25:18
    " 'Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land.
    Leviticus 25:17-19 (in Context) Leviticus 25 (Whole Chapter)
    Leviticus 26:43
    For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its sabbaths while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees.
    Leviticus 26:42-44 (in Context) Leviticus 26 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 4:1
    [ Obedience Commanded ] Hear now, O Israel, the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that you may live and may go in and take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, is giving you.
    Deuteronomy 4:1-3 (in Context) Deuteronomy 4 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 4:5
    See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the LORD my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it.
    Deuteronomy 4:4-6 (in Context) Deuteronomy 4 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 4:14
    And the LORD directed me at that time to teach you the decrees and laws you are to follow in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess.
    Deuteronomy 4:13-15 (in Context) Deuteronomy 4 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 5:31
    But you stay here with me so that I may give you all the commands, decrees and laws you are to teach them to follow in the land I am giving them to possess."
    Deuteronomy 5:30-32 (in Context) Deuteronomy 5 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 6:1
    [ Love the LORD Your God ] These are the commands, decrees and laws the LORD your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess,
    Deuteronomy 6:1-3 (in Context) Deuteronomy 6 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 12:1
    [ The One Place of Worship ] These are the decrees and laws you must be careful to follow in the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you to possess—as long as you live in the land.
    Deuteronomy 12:1-3 (in Context) Deuteronomy 12 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 27:3
    Write on them all the words of this law when you have crossed over to enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the LORD, the God of your fathers, promised you.
    Deuteronomy 27:2-4 (in Context) Deuteronomy 27 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 30:16
    For I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the LORD your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
    Deuteronomy 30:15-17 (in Context) Deuteronomy 30 (Whole Chapter)
    Deuteronomy 31:13
    Their children, who do not know this law, must hear it and learn to fear the LORD your God as long as you live in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess."
    Deuteronomy 31:12-14 (in Context) Deuteronomy 31 (Whole Chapter)
    Ruth 1:7
    With her two daughters-in-law she left the place where she had been living and set out on the road that would take them back to the land of Judah.
    Ruth 1:6-8 (in Context) Ruth 1 (Whole Chapter)
    2 Kings 21:8
    I will not again make the feet of the Israelites wander from the land I gave their forefathers, if only they will be careful to do everything I commanded them and will keep the whole Law that my servant Moses gave them."
    2 Kings 21:7-9 (in Context) 2 Kings 21 (Whole Chapter)
    2 Chronicles 33:8
    I will not again make the feet of the Israelites leave the land I assigned to your forefathers, if only they will be careful to do everything I commanded them concerning all the laws, decrees and ordinances given through Moses."
    2 Chronicles 33:7-9 (in Context) 2 Chronicles 33 (Whole Chapter)
    Matthew 23:15
    "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.
    Matthew 23:14-16 (in Context) Matthew 23 (Whole Chapter)
    [/b]
    "Throw every eligible*politician out of the Federal Govenment this November!* If their replacement doesn't do the job, then throw them out the next go around."

“Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

I agree with you USA_born,

Man wrote the Laws of our Land , and GOD willing MAN will inforce them.

At least untill 2012/12/21
    "Wha daur meddle wi' me?"

Watson: Excellent Post!
    "Throw every eligible*politician out of the Federal Govenment this November!* If their replacement doesn't do the job, then throw them out the next go around."