Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Not a Minor Offense: Profiling is no way to find illegal imm

Not a Minor Offense: Profiling is no way to find illegal immigrants

http://www.dallasnews.com
    06:20 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Word's circulating among illegal immigrants that the one city you want to avoid these days is Irving. That's also the message circulating among Hispanics, including U.S. citizens, whose fears are being aroused by Irving's aggressive program to crack down on illegal immigration.

We can't fault police for doing their jobs, and those who immigrate here illegally have no basis to argue that they should be excluded from enforcement. But Irving should avoid overzealous action.

Police are using routine traffic violations or other minor offenses to arrest anyone who cannot produce a driver's license or other proof of citizenship. Police then submit the detainee's name for a federal background check, which discloses his or her immigration status.

Federal immigration officials praise Irving's aggressiveness. Mayor Herbert Gears boasts that Irving is first in the nation in illegal-immigrant apprehension. But Mexican and Salvadoran consular officials question whether the police are racially profiling Hispanics or detaining them without cause.

Applied even-handedly, as Irving maintains it is doing, the program is effective. But any presumption that a Hispanic is an illegal immigrant unless proven otherwise is a path fraught with danger. Consider the case of Alicia Rodriguez, a Texas native who doesn't even speak Spanish but who nearly faced deportation after being arrested in Arlington for unpaid traffic tickets.

She produced a birth certificate and Social Security number, but the onus was on her to prove her innocence. We doubt a white or black American would face a similar burden of proof.

Consuls are warning their compatriots to avoid Irving altogether and to consider the consequences of getting caught for minor offenses. We'd like to see them be unequivocal in counseling their nationals, above all else, to obey the law – which includes not immigrating by any means other than the legal route.

At the same time, police must recognize that the enforcement of one law doesn't justify violating another. Racial profiling might be a convenient shortcut to identify illegal immigrants, but it's a constitutionally horrendous way to carry out the law

My Son told me the same actions are being taken in the Santa Rosa/ Napa Valley Calif. Just last week law enforcement began doing random liscense checks and of course the liberal illegal advocates and La Raza are whinning.
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by standingalone
    My Son told me the same actions are being taken in the Santa Rosa/ Napa Valley Calif. Just last week law enforcement began doing random liscense checks and of course the liberal illegal advocates and La Raza are whinning.

Let them cry.
    Its over for criminal immigrants In America...

I'm sick of hearing about racial profiling. It's stands to reason that the majority of the illegal aliens are coming from south of the border, so if a brown skinned person who doesn't speak English is stopped for a traffic violation, why shouldn't the law be allowed to ask his or her status. All these arguements are to try to prevent this government from enforcing immigration laws.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think there is a problem and all law abiding Hispanic American's should be more than willing to co-operate with the checks, anything to aide in the removal of the illegal invaders!

Once while on a bus from Tucson to California, the bus was pulled over at a random check point, border agents asked for nation of origin. This has been done when traveling through border states for as long as I can remember...whether you are in a car or bus.

Recently the ACLU and La Raza orgs. have stated the practice is a civil rights violation and racial profiling, probably have the case tied up in court costing taxpayers thousands of dollars. Why when something works, does someone have to mess it up!
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I'm sick of hearing about racial profiling. It's stands to reason that the majority of the illegal aliens are coming from south of the border, so if a brown skinned person who doesn't speak English is stopped for a traffic violation, why shouldn't the law be allowed to ask his or her status. All these arguements are to try to prevent this government from enforcing immigration laws.

IMO

The majority are comming from south of the boarders
    I believe at this point ,(But i could be wrong) If your in the U.S. and you dont speak english There should be one of two situations ...

Just visiting or Just Leaving

Lucky for Irving to have cops who question people who don't have proper id's, drivers liscenses, or can't communicate in English. Maybe Irving will finally be rid of thousands of illegals.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Butterbean, when they leave, hopefully it will be back to Mexico not my neck of the woods. If they do show up here, I pray that our County will have employed the random checks and the illegals will just have to move on, preferably out of the Country!

What gets me about this argument is I am still waiting to hear from La Raza, ACLU, and any other pro illegal groups, as to where it was declared that illegals are now their own race.

I have emailed both groups asking for this documented proof of the illegal race, but alas, neither organization believes in documentation. No surprise!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN

IMO

The majority are comming from south of the boarders
    I believe at this point ,(But i could be wrong) If your in the U.S. and you dont speak english There should be one of two situations ...

Just visiting or Just Leaving
    Great point "Greg" I must agree with you!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast