Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    I've blocked (parental control) all the spanish channels in my house . So , I don't have to listen to none of them. :P
    I don't know if you have kids or not, but practically every kid show these days sneaks in some spanish in one way or another. Not to mention shows like Dora the Explorer, which is blatantly hispanic oriented.

Speaking of signs, the Loews and Home Depot by me have signs in English and spanish. The walmart has it that way too as well as having audio announcements and the blurbs on those monitors in the aisles in spanish too. If it's not that way yet by you, be advised: GET READY FOR IT. IT'S COMING TO A PLACE NEAR YOU!!

The invasion continues.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Hi Beto, glad to hear your safe down there.
    Anything else new going on?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There was talk some time back about making TV so you could pick and choose the channels you wanted and not subsidize those you didn't.
    That's what I would sure like. I'm paying way too much for the handful of channels I get.

As far the internet.....I have comcast....there's also the comcast latino. Now they can translate anything I read to spanish.....but their latino version won't translate to English. I called about it.....they said thier latino customers voted NOT to allow it to be translated. You can for the cover page but not for any specific articles. They told me anything that was on there was on the internet somewhere...search for it. All I know is it's on my screen and I'm paying for it when I don't want it either.....especially if I can't even have it translated.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Fisher Price is cathering to the Hispanic population with their Dora doll....you cannot get the same thing in blond hair....My daughter refuses anything to do with Dora for my grandchild
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Had a fellow employee retire so I had to cover the Austin area this past week. City buses with spanish signs all down the sides, billboards in spanish, buisness signs in spanish etc, and not just a little here and there, it is everywhere. I have always disliked that town and now even more. One of Austins motos is: Keep Austin wierd. go figure.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

I don't have cable, and usually only watch CBS (love my cop shows!) Anyhow, I turn to Jay Leno on NBC, and for some reason I get the translation at the bottom in Spanish! At first I thought it was my t.v. but it happens every night, just on his show. I can't get it off of there, and when he has his 'Headlines", I can't can't follow because the words are in the way. I don't watch him anymore now...
    Bless my friends and family, and God Bless America!

On my cable provider here in SD, we have 3 Spanish stations right in a row -- one called "Azteca America." I am noticing that signs at fast food places, labels on products etc are getting harder to read. You have to search for the English part after sifting through the Spanish.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BETO
    Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    I've blocked (parental control) all the spanish channels in my house . So , I don't have to listen to none of them. :P

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by BETO
    Why are ya losing their homes???????? Someone explain me whats going on in there?????

I do not know if anybody returning home yet. Cause i do not see news anymore. To much stress for me.
    Do a quick search of Google for "home foreclosures"

We count on you to keep us posted. News here says folks are returning to Mexico. Should be more soon when they start on the illegal worker employers.

Glad you're safe and the military got the drug lords. If you can hold up for a while more I hear our US Army is coming down there.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

crazybird

I always wondered why we couldn't get Spanish Stations in English. That means we are paying for channels we can't watch - while they are making English channels available in Spanish.

Go figure.

We were Waco, Texas, today. Pilgrim's has a big facility there. To be very honest, I did not pay close attention to the number of drivers - but I was garage saling all over town and there were plenty having sales and going to sales. Had to stop at Wal Mart - had to - and there were plenty there.

One thing I noticed and it is something I have been saying, some of the Spanish speaking people are very, very well educated. They speak English with no accent.

Some of Pilgrim's NAFTA employees are very well educated people. I do not believe some of these people are plucking chickens and I know their spouses are not.

We are getting hammered from every direction. If some of these big companies let go of their illegals, I fear they are just going to bring in more educated people to take the good jobs as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast